Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Do you believe in miracles.... YES!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
  2. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

On the Illini note:

Yeah, I was there.

#22 Viking33, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The War of 1812

*let me stipulate that before you all throw a pink panty meltdown for the gazillionth time I'm not trying to stir up any shit since I like our neighbours to the south, so let's end this post with this fucking post.

Loyalists call it a victory, Americans call it a tie. Call this scattershot war whatever you want, Canada was seriously outnumbered and weaker and fought off a powerful army so we could keep our country. We gained confidence for the first time and the Americans gained a song to be played before baseball games out of the deal. Thanks for saving our country Laura Secord. We'll name a chocolate company after you.

4. hamshackler

hamshackler
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm a little surprised George Mason's NCAA Final Four run in 2006 hasn't been mentioned yet. They beat, UNC, Michigan State, and UConn (and Wichita St) to get to the final four and those teams were three of the last 4 national championship teams. At the time of the tournament, I was a senior in high school and since both of my parents went to UConn, I was a huge UConn fan. When I watched Mason beat Wichita State, matching them up with UConn in the elite 8, the only thing I could think of was how lucky the huskies were for having a cakewalk into the Final Four.

Watching that game was agonizing

5. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rinky dink species with no sharp teeth, no claws, no thick skin or armor, no camouflage, toxins, or even hair to keep warm, armed only with the ability to contemplate the future, opposable thumbs, and relatively giant penises comes to dominate its planet and develops space flight.

And as a reward we get to eat everything else.

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, we had a lot of help from that asteroid 65 million years ago.

7. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    The ice age helped our odds quite a bit as well.

8. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#28 rei, Oct 18, 2010
  9. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I know I've posted this video before, but there is no denying that the New York Giants had NO BUSINESS defeating New England in 2008. As a die-hard Giant's fan, I could only watch in awe as the mighty Patriots were denied their perfect season thanks to David Tyree:

#29 thevoice, Oct 21, 2010
  10. Degenerate

Degenerate
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Take me to FitzGibbons!

#30 Degenerate, Oct 21, 2010
  11. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Greece entered World War II on 28 October 1940, when the Italian army invaded from Albania.
    The Greek army dealt the first victory for the Allies by defeating the invasion and pushing Mussolini's forces back into Albania.
    Hitler was reluctantly forced to send his own forces to overcome Greece in April 1941, and delay the invasion of the Soviet Union by six weeks.
    This is considered by some historians as the first turning point of the war, since the delay proved disastrous to the German invasion, with the onset of the Russian winter and the strong resistance of the Soviet armed forces halting it before the gates of Moscow.

Although the German invasion of Greece was swift, their forces met fierce resistance on the island of Crete, where the elite Fallschirmjäger suffered almost 7,000 casualties.
    These heavy losses eliminated the option of a massive airborne invasion of the Soviet Union and further expansion in the Mediterranean saving Malta, Gibraltar, Cyprus, and the Suez Canal from airborne invasion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.