Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dixie Chic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Jul 2, 2014.

1. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All of those guys have created a bullshit idea of what 'country' is. The hayseed, ripped pearl snap wearing, pointy toed high heeled clean boot rocking, big buckle wearing, ratty baseball cap rocking 'country boy' who couldn't spend a day in the fields hauling hay, or watermelons, or peanuts, wouldn't know how to drive a tractor if life depended on it, doesn't have a calloused hand or dirt under his nails is the 'country' persona these guys emulate.

Gross.

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Seconded. The herpes-ridden whore who fucked her way through a few of my friends got married a few years ago (a marriage lasting just shy of 10 months) and walked down the aisle to God Bless The Broken Road. Because that's the sentiment for a wedding - "everything fucked up in my life led me to you". Sweet.

3. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

What do you mean?

#83 happyfunball, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    More than a few times I've found myself thinking about how I look like the opposite of country and yet I'm still more country than these little turds.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not a country fan, would never pretend to be, and do get a bit annoyed when people try to qualify country fans and artists because they didn't grow up in a backwater town hauling stumps through mud, HOWEVER, I do find it hilarious that the two worst offenders in "pop country" which isn't really country at all, Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift, are from fucking Columbus, OH and Reading, PA. There are some randomly super country folks in Ohio, but they sure as hell aren't in one of the most generic midwestern cities in Columbus or in SE Pennsylvania. Rascal Flatts is just cheesy as fuck, I've never understood why they are awesome to some people.

6. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched ten seconds of that video and am now incomprehensibly enraged.

THIS IS WHAT IS RUINING MY MUSIC.

I hope a swarm of grasshoppers eats him.

JWags - I think...on that subject...it's really about authenticity for me. I love, for example, Aaron Watson. His music and songwriting is some of my favorite to throw on. He's really genuine as far as being a West Texas country boy who grew up loving Texas, fiddles, Jesus, and respecting women. I can understand it isn't everyone's flavor, but what I like most about him is authenticity. I like that, no matter who's singing. It's why I like Fowler - because even though he's a douche - his music is pretty much what he is about. And it plays well, and sells well.
    tl;dr - authenticity. it's appealing.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How many people pay money to see an asshole like that? God, kill yourselves each and every one of you. I. Hate. Everything.

#87 Crown Royal, Jul 6, 2014
  8. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My ex-girlfriend did. Apparently the way he wiggles his ass drives (retarded) women wild.

#88 Danger Boy, Jul 6, 2014
  9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm so sad that females find that sexy.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's never happened before.

[​IMG]

...the two of them should be pushing their nude genitals against one another while gripping handfuls of wirey chest hair.

11. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A couple of guys who work for me like country music, so I get to hear that shit every time I'm in a vehicle with them. Being that every mainstream country song is the same, I provide commentary on the lyrics: "Holy fuck you guys, he's got her in his big ol' truck! I wonder what's coming next! Do you think he's gonna take her down to the river? Or maybe a bonfire party in a field!"

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"The song better have the cheatin', hurtin' or diesel in the opening line or I ain't listenin'!"

Heartbreakin' rig-drivin' hard-drinkin' devil woman. I hate you more than books.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or - y'know - just some personality. Of some kind. Any kind.

14. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do those of you who hate Luke Bryan hate Mick Jagger and Elvis and James Brown too? I'm not defending him, I'm just saying he's not unique and its spanned generations and genres.

I think its hilarious that women go crazy over his derp face, but he's a Southern dude who paid his dues. I think he was a songwriter for notable people before he got big. My ex-gf's older sister went to college with him so I got plenty of rundown on him a few years ago.

15. Not the Bees!

Not the Bees!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As an Australian, I've never heard of Luke Bryan until this thread and I know nothing about country music. But I feel qualified to say that this:

[​IMG]

Does not equal:

[​IMG]

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh, please. There's nothing to compare there. At all. The things Elvis, Jagger and James Brown did were completely original and innovative to music to actually suit their particular music, they didn't dance like a bar girl seeking attention. Only women dance like that, but he's famous and that automatically makes him attractive.

Americans shouldn't even be ALLOWED to like him. He doesn't even know the words to the Star Spangled Banner, hell I've had that song memorized since I was six years old.
    [​IMG]

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

This has to be self-parody, in the same vein as Steel Panther, right? I mean there's no way you would deliberately look like that big of a tool without being aware it, right???

18. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope, he's being serious.

19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mis-shapen ones aren't the best, but there will be decent potatoes in the bag too. The internal balance of a projectile is critical to stabilization and accuracy downrange, and a nice round, solid potato does a surprisingly good job at that.

\

There's guys in the Twin Cities like that too... a former co-worker who grew up in a wealthy St. Paul suburb and went to private schools through college defines the stereotype. Drives a jacked-up truck with "A Country Boy Can Survive" bumper stickers, wears pristine cowboy boots and big belt buckles, and would keep a spittin' cup around if he could. Last year he managed to drive his F150 into a tree along a gravel road after a hunting trip and made it a point to buy a bigger, newer truck afterwards. The moral of the story is he's a douchebag who would be intimidated by dairy cows but thanks to the Douchey Tonk wave it's cool.

#99 katokoch, Jul 7, 2014
  20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought adding James Brown in would completely give away that I was trolling.

Still nothing he does offends me as much as fucking Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. That song still raises my blood pressure to this day, a decade later.