Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dixie Chic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, grits anywhere other than the South is, for you folks, the equivalent of eating cheese fries, excuse me, poutine, made in Nebraska.

2. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You are all south, so there.

3. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Place I go to I ordered cheese fries. So they bring out a basket of fries, then a vat of cheese to dip them in. Best. Cheese Fries. Ever. It was like I (me!) could determine the amount of cheese I put on each fry. It was glorious. I'd lick the damn bowl if I was drunk enough. But I'm classy like that.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

No, it's just like...the lady who came in to our bar and grille to get our "Mexican" food (quesadillas) because you just can't get good Mexican food anywhere else.

Giant fucking eye roll.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You gotta add chili with it too. Then it becomes a magical mess whose power is being so delicious, you forget about what it will do to your heart and bowels.

I don't think you need to live south of the Mason-Dixon line to be a redneck. These are some of my former high school classmates, from good 'ol Southern Minnesota.

[​IMG]

Bare handed... Yeee-haw!

[​IMG]

Atta boy Kyle, providin' for your family.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uhh I'd take a tag for a struck deer any day of the week. Free off season meat.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Redneck "sports" are a never-ending nozzle of comedies:

Not only do you have a sport that involves a large vehicle crushing smaller vehicles, but their supporters write them fan letters. Not to the driver, but to the fucking TRUCK. I wonder if they get disappointed when the automobile doesn't answer back.
    "Figure 8 racing" is just hilariously awesome. Have a dozen or so pick-up trucks towing fully-loaded camping trailers race on a flat level figure eight track. Gold star.

Pro wrestling. Sure it has fans everywhere, but only Southerners are smart enough not to fall for all those idiotic rumours of it being fake.

And somebody on here explain to me the thing where people line up to leap face-first into a muddy pit.

8. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, Dennis Anderson is Grave Digger and Grave Digger is Dennis Anderson. They've become one.

9. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, frankly yeah I'd do it too but I'm not about to post it on Facebook. I was born in southern Illinois and by default can make a mean squirrel stew (don't you dare trash my limb chicken huntin' Black Jesus) and handle snapping turtles, but outwardly I'm not a redneck. The only redneck types you see around the Twin Cities here are like you said- grew up and live in the suburbs and drive jacked-up pickups with their cowboy boots and Toby Keith on the radio. Go up North and you have the Red Green-type guys... go South and you have, well, scroll back through the thread.

10. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Where do potato guns fall into redneckery? They may or may not make appearances at my family gatherings.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You mean like Christine?. That's a lot more intimidating than a '58 Plymouth.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd say pretty high. I am full on redneck, more so when I'm drunk. And, since I have built many, many potato canons, spud launchers, etc. using grill lighter ignitors, or flick lantern lighters, camo, molded grips, etc. (I even drew plans for building one in AutoCAD), then they are definitely amongst the finest of redneckery. You can tell the level of redneck of the guys doing the firing, if they switch from hairspray to straight ether, and whether or not they shoot other projectiles besides potatoes.

Also, as with most redneck things, action is proceeded by the phrase "Hey, y'all. Watch this."

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: South Chicago?

No, I mean the grits had a lemon-garlic sauce/flavor. And whats with this provincial bullshit? I forgot that people can't move around the country from where they grew up and make a regional dish unless they are in that region. The only food allowed in Chicago is deep dish, polish sausages, and Chicago style hot dogs I suppose.

The chef is from Virgina, grew up in NC, and made her bones cooking in Georgia. But hell, if she's not cooking with South Carolina well water, its blasphemy. Its not like its some fat Polish dude from the South Side with his take on a Southern dish he had one time in Atlanta. Fuck man

14. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: South Chicago?

I'm glad we understand each other.

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm partial to starter fluid myself.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed that for you...

Did you know rifled potato gun barrels exist? This is a game changer: <a class="postlink" href="https://www.spudtech.com/detail.asp?id=32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.spudtech.com/detail.asp?id=32</a>

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quick question for all the Southerners here, is Kentucky part of the South? For some reason they think they're the same as South Carolina or Alabama.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Kentucky out-souths the South. If you want my vote for "America's Stupidest State" then Kentucky takes home the gold. Its a shame, its a very very VERY beautiful state but unfortunately people from Kentucky also live there.

19. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Arkansas has to be a close second for that title, Crown.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to live there. Geographically, it sits on the north side of the Mason-Dixon line. But they are as southern as you can get. I lived in Lexington which is amazingly beautiful. But go outside town a half hour and they are true hillbillys. Head out to eastern Kentucky and thats where the mountain people live. There are people out there who are so secluded and off the grid that when the civil war was actually happening, they didn't know.