Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Disney Reveals Trailer For "The Mandalorian"

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by walt, Aug 24, 2019.

1. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks good. Werner Herzog doe!

I like how Disney said they were pumping the breaks on Star Wars because it was over saturated. Then they announce 15 new tv shows and movies. The thing is, like Im sure this show will highlight, had the new trilogy and spin off actually been great film making, instead of hot garbage, the public would have had an endless appetite for it. It could have been a true printing press for Disney. If this show is amazing, they could still make retarded bank.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That trailer looked amazing. I do mean just looked though because it sure as hell didn't tell you anything about the plot.

In general I'm not a big fan of what Disney has done with Star Wars up to this point. The Force Awakens was unimaginative garbage, and while I liked The Last Jedi better I still wasn't very impressed. I'm glad it's in the hands of a company with an obscene amount of money to pour into production because a saga like this needs that, but I Disney itself has become very wrapped into a cookie cutter play it safe mentality that worries me. Like, I don't give a shit how many you go girl moments, or what have you someone wants to put into a movie if it actually belongs there, but they're doing it just do it and it's bland. Doing things like firing James Gunn because God forbid someone is offended shows they're getting out of touch with what makes movies, you know, actually good. Lately they reek of a studio with non-creative suits making most of the decisions.

That said, I'm still looking forward to this, and will definitely be watching it.

#3 Kampf Trinker, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As long as they keep iterating on it trying to make it magical again, I'll keep watching.

It's going to be interesting to see how it works as a tv series... I think a lot of the stories are better suited for that format, but I have no idea how the production will keep up.

Other sci-fi like Killjoys, The Expanse, etc, do OK, but they have nowhere near the quality of sets, etc, that I would expect a Star Wars franchise to have.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They just announced Ewan McGregor is on board for a series about Obi Wan, which takes place 8 years after "Revenge Of The Sith". Thats some of the best news I've heard about the franchise lately.

That's how I feel about it too. There's a whole galaxy of stories to tell, they can tell them all they want.