Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Juice, May 16, 2012.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

What's changed? Or more importantly, have they undone/compensated for the IAS nerf that made the game play 50% slower? I want to be able to spam spells like no tomorrow.

2. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think, overall, people are about the same speed after the nerf but the amount of IAS items has increased to compensate. Right now, if you play a CM/WW wizard like me, you'll be looking for crit chance, Arcane power on hit, IAS and life on hit. Some styles, like Archon, really rely on movement speed and pure DPS. There's many different play styles, that you can almost custom tailor your toon to what you want.

Item drops have gotten better, which is what D3 is about (items); legendary items are really good (well, some are crappy still but there's levels to these things), rares are less good (although, I do have some damn, good rares that are awesome for there price point) and so forth. The decent items, which used to cost multi-multi-millions to buy, that are required to move forward into Inferno difficulty, are now easily available - it's really opened up the end game for the casual gamer. You can start Inferno with a 100k set and work your way forward; farming runs for me get about 750k/hour.

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone else play hardcore at all? I'm rubbish but would be cool to have someone to do some runs with.

4. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I figured I'd give the new patch a try, just started a new WD. What's your acc?

5. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RhangisKhan#1941 I have a few around level ten, haven't played for a bit because I lost my Wizard and been on the xbox.

6. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Koinbahd#1948 WD 100k unbuffed. if you wanna farm for legendaries or keys/organs. Although the hellfire ring is kinda meh. I mainly do Act3 MP1 runs for speed/one shotting mobs.

7. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A gold duping bug hit D3. It's too bad that Blizzard didn't make the game an online only game, then this would have never happened.

8. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I just picked it up for PS3 as well.

I haven't played Diablo since the first one on PC, but I'm pretty optimistic.

It's an ambitious move for Blizzard to return to consoles but it looks like they did it right. There aren't any console games that I can think of that are released for this generation based on point and click gameplay so the user interface is going to make or break this game.

Plus, no install, which is another first.

9. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just played about an hour of Diablo III on Xbox. I haven't played any of the Diablo games since Lord of Destruction came out and quite honestly, I'm not impressed. Maybe it's better on PC, but the Xbox version blows. It felt clunky and the quests were boring.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Skyrim and The Witcher these days. Who knows...

10. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Console Diablo III is the definitive, superior version of this game.

So you can just imagine how not-good the PC version is.

11. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That makes me sad, but doesn't surprise me after reading the people who made Diablo and Diablo II had nothing to do with making the current game.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/28/the-diablo-iii-that-never-was/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... never-was/</a>

12. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Everyone on this board who likes ARPGs should be playing Path of Exile. It's good enough that I literally haven't played LoL since its official release. It's free. Play it. If we make an idiot board guild I have uniques and to share in the new hardcore league. Real talk. Dooooit.

13. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm playing poe again, but haven't tried the HC side yet. If I have a few people to play with, I would give it a shot.