Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Juice, May 16, 2012.

1. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Always set a buy out price, I suspect most people filter their searches by that, and all my auctions seem to have been bought out rather than going to auction bid. Remember that the value of different attributes is basically about how likely someone is to search for it. Try and search for items like the ones you're selling to see how easy they are.

Also helps to try and think if the stuff you're selling will be useful for a character build. I've managed to sell a fair bit.

2. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hate to add insult to injury but as far as I know you can't buy gold yet through the RMAH, just items.

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Motherfucker. I read forum posts about 1mil gold going at about 5 Euro. Apparently they're unofficial sales channels rather than the actual auction house.

4. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So I finally got geared enough that I can farm inferno act 2 on my barbarian: 22k dps, 10k armor, 45k health, ~700 resists, and 750ish life on hit lets me kill Belial inside his enrage timer. Even with all that I'm not quite ready for act 3 yet, but if anyone (preferably with high MF because I don't have much room for it) wants to work on that or do Kulle/Belial runs I'd be down for either.

awwwsnap#1886, holla

5. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been having a lot of luck just grinding act 1 with the recent buff.

I start with cemetary -> festering woods -> Leoric's Manor -> cathedral -> Warden/Butcher

After Leoric you should be at 5 stack and the cath has a lot of rare packs as well as hitting up warden/butcher. I end up with around 25-30 rares per run with 10-15 of those being in the ilvl 61-63

6. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Am I the only one still playing? I want a farming group

7. dense

dense
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

If you want to farm I've got a DH with 95k dps and a monk tank, just shoot me a pm with your battle net ID.

8. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been regularly farming Inferno Act 1 as my Barb, but slowly getting bored of it and thinking of moving on to Act 2. PM me your bnet id also.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Logged on this morning after a while, many of my friends haven logged on for 3 weeks or more.

This game is just boring now.

10. dense

dense
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The game is getting a bit dull, but that said, I've got a DH with 104k dps and around 20-24k hp (depending on what mf/gf gear I have), hit me up #william1804

11. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've just started trading a lot in the AH recently and have made a boatload of cash. In the past two days I've made well over a million gold either buying out really cheap but good stuff and selling it for big, or looking for the low bid 5m left auction then sell it big. My largest win was a 2h axe that I bought for around 250k but sold for over 650k. If all my stuff sells now for regular bid's, I'll be sitting pretty on about 3mil. I recommend it to anyone looking to make the easy buck.

12. dense

dense
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

While what Diablo has stated is true, it's still kind of worthless. You can play the AH and make a million here and there, unfortunately decent items start at 10 million in most cases due to the RMAH and the myriad gold sellers. The only way I've found to really get decent items to sell for gold and cash is to get my MF up to around 150% before any stacks and hope for the best. With that gear it means I can only farm act 1 inferno and the middle part of act2, but I've been able to pick up 4 stat rare items where just normal magic items used to drop.

13. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been farming Act 2 a bit recently when I get bored. I haven't found any good item rolls yet, but lots of ilvl 63. If you want to join up sometime, shoot me a PM with your tag.

14. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

1.04 has revived this game. The new legendaries are absolutely insane.

Like 2 handers with 200 crit damage, a socket, 450 str, and 98% bleed chance for 9k damage insane.

15. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Is it enough to make up for the IAS nerf? The primary reason I stopped having fun with D3 is because the IAS nerf just makes the game feel too damn slow for an action RPG.

16. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The big stats now are crit and crit dmg.

They need to increase the drop rate of legendaries a bit. Playing most of the weekend and I found 1.

17. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got back into D3, it's 1000000000000x more fun than when it first came out. Still, the randomness of rares really sucks.

18. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been playing here and there as well, 1.0.4 completely revived the game for me. I'm looking for farming buddies for the low chance that I'm actually able to turn my computer on. Im playing a CM/WW wiz with about 85k dmg (2.45 ias), PM me do bnet tag.

19. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been playing more recently. If you want to farm some legendaries, hit me up. 100k+ ww barb

20. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My tag is ArcticScrap#1893. I have a WD, only around 52k dps though. I mainly just do MP1 or 2 runs through act 3. Also, I'm leveling a barb now.