Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Juice, May 16, 2012.

1. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nice man what was it?

2. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

An ouroboros ammy. Attack speed, life on hit, 134 dex, 24 mf.

3. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So it isn't just an account that you can only use on D3? As in I can put items I find and just pocket the money?

4. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Two options: Blizzard dollars, which can be used as money on anything Blizzard but can't be withdrawn, or Paypal, which allows you to pocket the money. If you choose option 2 Paypal and Blizzard both get a cut instead of just Blizzard, but you're getting real money for your items. Worth doing now before the market sorts itself out if you've got something with the right kind of flashy stats.

5. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It looks like I'm going to be quitting for a bit. The difficulty scaling is really noticeable when you play a class other than dh. I was able to sell a couple items on the RMAH which will pay for my game, but I'm going to wait and see if they fix the game with the upcoming patch.

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A lot of firsts within the past two days. Destroyed Hell's Whimsyshire about 8 times, had a ton of yellow drops during that time with my 5 valor and my MF gear. Got a legendary shield (lidless eye) that i gave to my buddy, then as we were heading to take out the butcher on inferno, a legendary staff (wormwood) dropped for me followed by some set pants (inna's something). I'm using the pants and I put up the staff on the real cash AH, 12 bid, 45 BO. Hopefully it sells, and if I don't want the pants, I could get a few mil gold for them.

7. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well I've been in Mexico for about a week and a half now and I'm thrilled that by the time I get home patch 1.03 ought to be about out. After I got hacked I managed to find 3 legendaries in a day that got most of my money back on the AH, but that was still super lame. Gamefaqs and Netflix are the only sites I used that same password on, so I assume it was gfaqs, but either way my authenticator has me feeling safe. I'm excited that my barb will be able to actually progress past inferno act 2 when I get back, and that with ~200 MF including NV stacks I'll be able to actually get useable items from farming hell act 3/4 and inferno act 1, all of which are a breeze. But being out of country for the RMAH launch and the only time to make real money from it before the market is inundated is bumming me out...

8. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

After beating diablo (inferno) my friend and I decided to get rid of most of our gear. We ended up being able to sell our gear for around 5-700 from the RMAH. Some people are just ridiculous.

It was a little disappointing that the elite packs of act4 were much much harder than actually fighting diablo.

9. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How are you guys getting so much gold?

The most I've ever had was 250k and that was just from selling gear in AH.

10. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I started a wizard explicitly for gold farming. From what I can tell the best way to serious gold farming is just speed running the royal crypts on inferno. A wizard with teleport and area effect spells seems to be the way to do it most effciently.

That said, the wizard is ludicrously fun to play so far.

11. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. Ok, so Morlu Incinerators that show up near the end of Act IV are officially the worst elite packs I've yet to encounter. Seriously, fuck those guys.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I think I'm going to be done with Diablo 3 for awhile, or at least am going to cut down on my playing time a lot. I'm just not having fun and the latest patch with the IAS nerf just reduced the fun even further. I loved having a ton of IAS because I enjoyed spamming my attacks but now things feel so damn slow. The huge increase to repair costs aren't very fun either.

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone here have any idea why they changed so much stuff? the attack speed nerf, the repair cost skyrocket, the magic find % not playing a part in chest drops, etc?

I may have to stop playing until they fix that shit back to the way it was.

14. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My guess is that they are trying to get all the classes to be at the same level. I don't believe that nerfing everything into the ground was the best way to go about it. I think that their stance at the beginning was to buff everything to make the game balanced, but they did the complete opposite. It's really frustrating to try to play and have to worry about repairs while farming gear.

I would like to see them go more of a D2 route with items, in the sense that it wasn't hard to find unique/set items, but to find one with high stat rolls was what made the items worth a lot of money. The gear being based around rares defeats this purpose. You have to find a ilvl 63 item that only drops 2% of the time (*act 1) and then have it roll with the correct stats to be usable.

*I mention act 1 because its the only act at the moment that I can safely farm and not die over and over.

This patch makes me not want to play at all anymore and most of my friends are feeling the same way. After beating Diablo on inferno there doesn't feel like there is a point to continue playing.

15. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As far as I can tell it was because AS was having waaaay more effect, particularly for DH's, than it was supposed to - with mediocre gear but stacked AS they were steamrolling through inferno with 100k+ dps, while barbarians could hardly make it past inferno act 2 without 15 million golds worth of AH items. I guess the chest/destructible farming nerf was to force people to actually kill champs and stack NV to farm rather than putting on 200% MF gear and chestfarming all day - which is, apparently, how botters have been flooding the AH with gear. And the repair costs are ostensibly to discourage corpsehopping through tough parts/mobs, but it seems like there are better ways to do that than making it cost 50g to hit a pot with a lv60 weapon. I dunno, I have a whole 48 hours til I'll be back in country and able to play, but I'm definitely looking forward to my barbarians 500 resists actually meaning something in inferno act 2

16. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

The IAS thing actually seems pretty fair to me. IAS boosts were basically the only way to build a decent solo character. Pretty much everyone was chasing the same mediocre items. I'd much rather play in a space where there are a bunch of equally reasonable ways to be badass than where everyone has to get in the AH and chase the same items as the only way to get a decent character.

Not a big fan of the repair costs though. Hopefully they'll unfuck that soon.

17. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Finally started actually making an effort to use the gold Auction house properly. Jesus fuck that shit makes a difference. Compared to my other characters at the same level, it feels like I'm cheating.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I must be doing something wrong. Ive tried selling lots of rare and legendary stuff and havent had one bite.

19. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did the same thing near the end of Nightmare when I was somewhere in the low to mid 40's. It felt like I hadn't found useful equipment in forever and was starting to really struggle with a lot of the elite/champion packs. I went to the AH and was surprised how low (<5000) the price was on a lot of the stuff I was finding. I think I spent only around 30k and doubled my dps and upped my HP by a good 20-30%.

I've been buying new gear every 5 levels now.

20. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Wow. Fuck blizzard.

I though $20 in for real money auction house. I don't want to gold farm if I can just buy gold. For some reason they have a thing up that it might take 3 days before a credit card transaction that hit my bank immediately will be available for an in game purchase, but whatever. Waited the three or four days and the transaction at battle.net showed up as completed. Awesome. Still no RMAH balance showing. Waited 4 days after that and logged a support call. Waited 2 days after that, just got the following reply.

Or to paraphrase - "We took your money and haven't given you anything, but we've fucked over a LOT of people this week and they started whining first. So we closed your call and you can go fuck yourself. Reopen the call if you're too useless to figure shit out for yourself."

Are you fucking kidding me?

[edit] Jesus fucking christ. Apparently when I went from the USD AH to the add balance bit, it defaulted to AUD when they accepted my purchase. That certainly wasn't fucking clear. Apparently it's my own fault for buying the wrong currency (despite the fact that I don't recall specifying a currency, and I can't find any way to spend AUD despite the fact that they accepted it for RMAH credit) and because I've waited so long (based on the notifications on their fucking website that it could take a few fucking days) I probably won't be elligible for a refund. That I could only have gotten by calling a phone number that isn't anywhere on the blizzard page that I can find. I only found this information by crawling through a battle.net forum that I've never used before. I'm fucking staggered.