Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Juice, May 16, 2012.

1. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

D3 is super fun and you'd be missing out by not getting it. Just do what I do and have your higher level friends give you the gear they don't need and say fuck the AH.

Blizzard needs to remove the fake money AH (why is there a 15% "tax" on fake money?) in a hurry and implement the real money AH and adjust the drop rates to what they would be without the AH

2. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I finally got a chance to sit down and actually spend a decent amount of time playing lat night, played a Wizard to about level 11 and had a blast with it. Looking forward to this weekend to be able to play quite a bit more.

So tempted to play hooky and not go to work tomorrow so I can play.

3. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Gotta get the kinks ironed out first. Server downtime, AH eating items/ money, accounts being compromised (almost entirely to user error/ not using an authenticator), all these things need to be sorted out before real money gets involved and Blizzard knows that.

Also, if you guys aren't using an authenticator, get an authenticator. The dial-in ones don't work for D3, but smartphone and USB ones work fine.

4. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think the gold AH 15% tax is pretty reasonable. Helps get some of the gold out of the game and alleviates inflation (if only a little).

5. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'd be pissed if they take out the fake money AH, but I may try to sell stuff on the real money one from time to time. Also, related to the auction house - FUCK inferno act 2 as a barbarian. No goddamn way. With 8k armor and 11k dps before Frenzy/WotB, all resists around 400, and 40k health, I'm getting slaughtered by regular mobs. Fucking wasp things kill me if like 4 connect. It is outrageous. Good resist/str/vit gear is all like 500 thousand plus on the auction house, and I can't farm gold well because I have to stack all this hard to find shit that doesn't usually come with magic/gold find. I have a wizard around level 30 I'm thinking of just leveling until she gets to inferno to farm for him, because it'd be less frustrating.

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know what it is, but I didn't get a single rare drop from any of the bosses, including Azmodan and Diablo, or their little mini-bosses, in nightmare. And I was able to solo Diablo on Nightmare as my Barb with AH gear on the first try, I thought that was pretty cool.

7. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Uhh .. what? Are you saying this is being considered? There's no way that's going to happen, though.

Pretty sure there's some drop-rate manipulation going on with the bosses. Ie. you get a good drop rate the first time you kill it (on normal) and then it's decreased until you hit level 60 and start getting the nephalem valor buff.

8. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You can still get ok drops from bosses if you stack a ton of magic find, but this is correct - the guaranteed 2 yellows only applies your first time through normal or with full nephalem valor stacks. Although either way, drops in this game blow and were definitely designed to force you into the AH. Even farming act 4 hell/act 1 inferno with 5 NV stacks and 170+ magic find I rarely even get drops worth taking to the AH, much less useful stuff for my actual characters. Only legendary I've gotten dropped off a regular white mob with no NV/MF, and was a 156 dps level 56 hand crossbow. Haven't seen a set item or a recipe of any sort drop yet. Boring.

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What about set items? I've only seen someone in general chat link a couple of pieces. Are these as rare/more rare than legendary stuff?

10. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've found 5-6 legendary items (all bad btw) and have yet to see a set piece. A buddy of mine that farms with me occasionally just found his first set piece. It's the first one any of my friends has found so far.

11. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

NOOOOOOO I thought all the talk about hacking was just idiots getting keylogged and that I was better than them... Woke up this morning with "biss" and his level 1 witch doctor named ggggg on my recently played list (I've played 1 public game ever, 2 weeks ago, and he was not in it) and 500,000 gold missing. Fortunately they didn't take any items or clean out my stash, but half a million gold stolen is goddamn frustrating. Ran virus scans, came up clean, so idk how the hell they did it, but... if you have a smart phone you can download an authenticator for free from Blizzard, I'd highly recommend it. I seriously thought this hacking was just a meme at this point.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

That sucks; I refused to play in public games at all because of this. Did you have an authenticator before you got hacked or did you just add one?

13. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sorry dude. Blizzard pushes authenticators for a reason. Get one post haste.

Only smartphone or USB authenticators work for D3. Do not get a dial-in one.

But get an authenticator.

14. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finished normal mode and started into Nightmare. I really enjoyed the story and how it all played out, but now I can put on something on Netflix or some music while I play. I feel like this is where the game really starts.

This is only Nightmare (not hell or inferno), but I feel like it's still not challenging at all. Of course that may be because I finished Act IV with my dps up over 600. Not sure what the average is around lvl 30, but I felt a little overpowered.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Normal is a breeze
    Nightmare is "normal"
    Hell is hard
    Inferno is fucking ridiculous

16. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wonder if it's because blizzard's passwords aren't case sensative.

17. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And there's no limit to login attempts

18. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sorry dude but you fucked up somewhere. Do you use the same password for any other sites as you do for your b.net account? Like maybe on a Diablo fansite? They've been using that method a lot- trojan or malware embedded in flash ads on fan sites that collect passwords and account names, then they check to see if people are foolish enough to use the same thing in multiple places. Lots of people are apparently. And lots of people still haven't gotten authenticators.

So here's a PSA for anyone on these boards: Up to date anti-virus shit is not enough. Make sure you don't use your b.net account name and password for anything else. Get a smartphone or USB authenticator. Avoiding either of these two steps leaves you at risk of being compromised.

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm downloading the mobile authenticator right now because of you guys. I don't want my shit hacked by some asshole.

20. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I fuck you not, I just made 170$ on one auction. It's going into my paypal account as we speak. Un.Fucking.Real.