Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Juice, May 16, 2012.

1. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just beat Diablo in nightmare and hit 50 with my Barbarian. Holy shit is Hell hard. Even random white trash can get difficult in Act 1.

2. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The trick is to stay well-geared. Like really well. Use the AH to just buy the highest DPS weapons you can and you'll be okay. I've made it as far as Zultan Kulle in Hell on my Barb, but every time my weapon starts to slip I hit a wall. I may have some hand me down 2 handers for act 1 if you want

3. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Scratch that, get the highest DPS 1-hander you can afford and get the baddest ass shield you can because Act 3 is impossible to solo 2 handed.

4. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

End spoilers, though I'm probably the last person that beat it.

The Lord of Terror having titties kinda ruins it. Great game otherwise.

5. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For some reason, my game has been running worse and worse the past few days. It's either my connection or my graphics that are jacked up, but I can't fix any of it. It might be time to finally get rid of this 4yo POS laptop and upgrade.

6. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can honestly say D3 isn't nearly as fun as D2 was. No nostalgia kicking in either. The whole point of the Diablo series is just killing endless monsters and being OP as fuck. Yes, now it's challenging and yes I am still capable of doing it but I just find no joy in it. Now that I am in hell, all I find myself doing is kiting mobs endlessly like a huge pussy. It's not only boring but there is no room for errors or you get 2 shot. As a witch doctor I can't use 95% of my skills because they either aren't helpful or are impossible to use while kiting. The skills I am able to use are boring as hell compared to some of the stuff that never gets used beyond nightmare. This is supposed to be a mindless, always moving forward action RPG loot whoring game, not Amnesia: The Dark Decent. Also the level 60 cap is dumb, in D2 you pretty much always had something to work towards since 99 was such a long grind yet wasn't necessary to attain to do everything.

7. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What are the specs on your laptop?

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So I'm practically corpse-dragging myself through Act 2 Inferno. Act 1 is fine, Act 2 is just a complete kick to the balls. A lot of people suspect that damage reduction and resistances aren't working properly when you're hit by a lvl 61+ mob and I'm inclined to agree; the damage I take in the beginning of Act 2 compared to the end of Act 1 feels completely out of sync. I hope this gets fixed because Act 2 is practically unplayable, even though I spent most of the weekend doing Butcher and SK runs to improve my gear.

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.17ghz T5850
    4gb RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT (256mb) w/ Directx 10
    250GB free space on my 7200rpm WD hard drive

I'm assuming my RAM is about 2gb too low and my video card needs to be updated. Like I said, it's a 4 year old laptop.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I play on my laptop too. Specs:

Intel i5 2420
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    320 GB HDD
    Integrated Intel 3000 HD graphics

I play all settings on High with no problem.

As for the game, playing as a wizard (lvl 43) sucks sometimes. I feel like I have no power even with great gear.

I alternate between Archon, Spectral Blade, and Disintegrate with diamond skin and energy armor and I would still get raped if I was going solo.

11. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've recently been farming act 3 on inferno and the cow level. My wizard doesn't do nearly the dps that my demonhunter friends do. I'm trying to decide if I want to grind up a dh or just stick with the wizard in the hopes that something changes in the near future.

If anyone needs help with hell or act1 inferno, let me know.

12. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I finally got back from vacation last night and installed the game. Got about 20-30 minutes in, split between a monk and a barbarian, before I had dinner and watched some Community with the fiancee.

I'm really looking forward to getting into it, but the first hurdle I'm hitting is just the choice of what class to play. This always happens to me with games like this, I'll probably end up playing each class for 20-30 minutes before choosing one.

My battletag is Fernanthones#1792, I'm looking forward to doing some coop once I get into it a little more.

13. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The only class I've yet to play is the monk. The rest are ALL fun as hell to play, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm betting you're gonna have each class at level 60 eventually anyway.

14. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Slow Time with Time Warp rune (Increase damage done to enemies affected by Slow Time) plus Meteor with the Meteor Shower rune is oh so very lovely for taking out enemies. Especially for very large groups of enemies that try to turn you into Jodie Foster in The Accused.

Mirror Image with the Duplicates rune also helps to distract groups of enemies. While demons are fighting the images you can Meteor/Disintegrate/whatever to your heart's content.

As far as primary skills, Electrocute is probably my favorite. I use the rune that allows you to chain more hits, which is great for crowd control. Also I have a passive (Prodigy, I think) which restores Arcane Power for every enemy by a Signature (Primary) spell. So that passive skill linked to Electrocute can help replenish Arcane Power quite nicely. Which works out very well for someone like me who tries to spam Meteor as much as possible.

15. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had the same problem, so what I did was to level each class up to level 10 then decide from there. I have 4 classes now at least 10, and I currently play my barb, who is level 38 I think. Definitely fun to play especially with decent gear. I can't wait to get to 60 and start grinding out legendary and set gear.

16. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Right now legendary and set items are on average much worse than well-rolled magic/rares.

17. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

The auction house is kind of depressing. I spent 10,000 gold on an amulet that's better than anything I've seen and a mile better for stats bump than anything I've had pop from my crafter. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to ramp up my equipment that way or if I want to just grind it out to have a more honest experience.

18. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just bought a few items from the auction house that doubled my dps, bumped my armor by 8%+, and added to my resistances a ton. Most of the yellows that I get are useless to me, so i try to auction them. But just today, within 20 min of logging on, I found 3 rare shields, all which were a ton better than my current one, and a rare helmet. Hopefully some sap buys them and i get some cash to spend on someone else's auction.
    I think, if someone can't spend hours and hours farming rares, then the auction house is the only way to go. Also, money is much easier to come by in Nightmare.

19. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

For what it's worth it appears Blizzard has factored in the Auction House when they were setting drop rates, as in you're expected to use the Auction House because your drops alone won't cut it. One of the mods on Blizzard's forums confirmed this a few days ago. The game is still young and they may adjust this/ we don't really know what it means exactly yet but at the very least it seems like you won't be able to live off your drops as easily as you could in D2.

20. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That just seems really obnoxious to me. I'm still considering whether to get D3 or not and was leaning towards getting it, but I kind of hate the idea that I'll have to deal with the auction house in order to have the necessary gear to play at later levels.