Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter season six

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by redbullgreygoose, Sep 25, 2011.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I hope they end it after maybe one more season. It kind of kills the suspense for me knowing that Dexter isn't going to get caught because a new season has already been planned.

I predict that at the end of this season Dexter will get captured by the religious killers, make a last second escape, and everything will go back to normal. They really need to kill off another main character (Angel, Quinn-probably going to happen, Deb, or Masuka.)

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After last week's filler episode, this episode seriously ramped up the season. Things are going to speed up. Quick.

3. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Holy shit, that death was brutal. Where is Gellar getting/making all of these ridiculous toys? Pretty impressive stuff for a professor.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually gasped. Stupid unnamed generic beat cop.

I was relieved to see Matsuka's hot intern wasn't a psycho and was rather just a broke klepto. I hope this isn't the end of her.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Mos Def I think is rapidly coming one of the best guest characters yet on this show (Lithgow will forever hold that title). The way he registers when he tells Dexter about his dad was my favourite scene on the show yet this year.

Quinn & Angel stoned in the car= fucking hilarious, not only the way Quinn torched it like an excited 16 year old but they made me believe they were high with the retard back-and-forth. I'm glad they're giving Quinn a third demension, instead of always being the shadowing heel.

Okay, Revelations? Isn't that a little tired? However, we're still only four episodes in, that should lead to some more creative Saw-style deaths.

Harrison crying on the stretcher was excrutiating. That kid is the cutest kid in the history of Florida (including fucking Elian), don't put him in harm's way again for the sake of suspense.

Deb, shut the fuck up. Forever.

6. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I was so convinced that somehow Mos Def's character made him sick or something somehow, just because of the timing of him starting to get sick immediately after the baptism. It seems weird that they just threw that in there, but, yeah, that's a stretch. I'm still waiting for him to be a bad guy.

It feels so weird saying this, but, that was one of the coolest deaths I've ever seen. It actually made me do the obnoxious yelling-at-my-computer thing: "SHE'S SAYING NO.' STOP WALKING! NOOOOOO I KNEW ITTTTTT!!!!!!!" I felt really bad for her. I'll never think I've been on a bad date again.

I think what makes these guys so creepy, and such scary bad guys, is that despite their ridiculously planned message, they seem to have no rhyme or reason in choosing their victims. I thought maybe the horse guy had a backstory we were going to discover that showed he had to be redeemed, but he really seems to have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. And what could the fruit vendor have possibly done? I guess the girl was to punish the-guy-that-I-can't-stop-remembering-as-the-priest-from-Mad-Men but she was still mostly randomly decided. Right?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The thing that blows me away is how vastly different the current character that Colin Hanks (Tom's son) plays versus his character on The Good Guys (which got cancelled for some fucked up reason).

Nepotism or not, Tom's kid has some chops.

8. hbax

hbax
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Anyone else think that Edward James Olmos's character is a figment of Colin Hanks's character's imagination? The fact that the police is onto him and his disappearance 3 years ago was a small hit to this, but even the girl in the kitchen only reacted to Hanks. I still haven't seen any discussion with Olmos outside of Hanks and haven't seen him do anything physically. Just a wild theory...

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Could very well be... I sure wouldn't dismiss the idea.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thats a really interesting conjecture. I would never have thought of that myself.

But wasn't he listed as that "person of interest" with the homicide people? A professor of some sort? Or am I imagining things?

11. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

Oo, I'm kind of liking that idea. If he disappeared three years ago, maybe Colin Hanks killed him out of obsession with him and his ideas and now he's trying to carry them out?

Although, they did have that line where Dexter wondered if there were two killers connected with it, but I guess that could just be a red herring.

12. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're not. There was a website with his picture on it and he was described as an expert on the Revelation. I think he was a mentor to Hanks Jr., died, and now plays the same roll for Hanks that Harry does for Dexter.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just rewatched the last episode, and there were all the Sixth Sense attributes to the restaurant scene. Hanks was the only one with a drink, the waitress didn't even notice Olmos was there, or offer him anything when topping up the coffee, etc.

It could be that he's a figment of Hanks' imagination like Dexter's dad is... drawing yet another parallel between the two.

Good catch.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So would some sort of split personality thing be the explanation for the fact that he woke up in the morning and she was already tied up and he appeared to be unaware of this?

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

That was the main scene that's making me question the whole split personality idea, actually. I mean, I guess he could actually be that crazy to go to sleep after tying her up, wake up, and then seem surprised and protest it (he sure gave into the idea pretty quickly), but it's more farfetched than the other scenes with the two of them when another person's present to believe the older guy doesn't exist. The older guy could've done something as similar as using Chloroform so she wouldn't make noise when he took her out of the bed.

You know who I want to see in this show? Kevin Spacey. Kevin Spacey plays the best bad guys.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I watched that scene a couple of times, and she never looks at Olmos. During that entire time, she only looks at Hanks, even when Olmos is talking.

The only slight giveaway is that she shudders when Olmos brushes her hair... but it's hard to tell if it's a direct reaction to him or not.

I still think it's plausible.

17. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's even more prevalent in the scene in the diner, never once does she look at him and he's sitting in the booth right next to her.

18. hbax

hbax
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Yup, the main two scenes that I really used to test it out were the diner scene and the kitchen floor scene. I had gotten the feeling from the first few episodes that Olmos had never really done anything: Hanks is the only one to talk to or touch the jogger, Hanks gets the snakes and rows the boat. Plus, we know that Hanks has an apartment, but when there's a go-to scene for him to discuss anything with Olmos, it's in an abandoned church. Even a crazy person wouldn't live in a place that's as overrun as that church is. I haven't had a chance to go watch the first killing, but I remember that Hanks is the one that wields the weapon there, so I'm going to assume Olmos stands in the back as well. Feel free to shoot it down; I was mainly just looking to see if anyone could do so anyway.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The more it is discussed, the more plausible this seems. I can't wait for potential future scenes that might prove or disprove this.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It sounds very right, and probably is. Watching any scene, Hanks does all of the work and Olmos has only been personally recognized by Hanks' character. So again, Dexter is probably going to have a crisis of non-conscience and delay his strike, just like he did when he realized Trinity lived like him: as elephant in the room.