Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter season six

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by redbullgreygoose, Sep 25, 2011.

1. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The season starts next week. Here's an episode one leak to start it off:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.megavideo.com/?v=27Y2SVD8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.megavideo.com/?v=27Y2SVD8</a>

Since the episode has not premiered yet please link discussions in spoiler tags for people that want to follow Dexter on Showtime.

2. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It seems obvious the villains in season six are religiously motivated.

3. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yea I downloaded this a couple days ago. Its not surprising considering Harrison going to a catholic preschool. Kinda stoked to see Colin Hanks as a bad guy.

4. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Good start to the season, but I'm having trouble seeing Edward James Olmos as anything besides Admiral Adama. I keep waiting for him to say "frak" or Saul Tigh to appear right behind him. Here's to hoping Michael Hogan makes a cameo sometime this season.

5. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I'm not afraid of snakes but

holy crap, I almost threw up when they started slithering out of his stomach.

I'm a little worried about the overarching religious theme becoming a bit heavy-handed. There were a couple of eye-roll worthy scenes where the dialogue seemed too forced in the characters' discussions about it while sharing their opposing views. Also, the "serial killer motivated by religion" bit has been done so many times, but I have faith that the writers will be able to pull it off in the context of the show. What I'm guessing is going to happen is Dexter will at some point feel sympathetic to them since they (presumably) are targeting sinners as their victims, just like he has been. (He even equated his Rules to his religion.) I hope this results in something bigger than just the camaraderie angle, though, or else it'll feel like a rerun of the John Lithgow season, which simply can't be topped. And if this is the final season of the show and it ends with Dexter's redemption, I will cut a bitch
    open and sew baby snakes in his chest cavity.

All that being said, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Judging from the preview of the next episode (I'm so excited for Mos Def) it seems like there are going to be a bunch of intriguing story lines. Hopefully it doesn't become too crowded.

6. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The first episode of this season almost made me forget about how lackluster last season seemed. Very pleased so far.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"Sorry......"Hammer time."

...classic.

Dexter's dad giving him the "Nice dirty elbow, son!" sign from the sidelines had me slapping my knee too. That episode seemed to have a real sharp sense of humour from beginning to end. As well, it looks like we have more of the "Old Dexter" back, which this series surely needs.

I dunno about Tom Hanks Jr. playing a psycho, though. Doesn't seem like a challenge for Dexter yet.

8. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Absolutely loved the first episode. I'm pretty geeked to see that Edward James Olmos will be a character this season. His voice made for some great spiritual dialogue in BSG, so I'm sure he will be great for religiously driven character in Dexter, albeit the bad guy this time.

Yeah, it has been. But more importantly, religion has never really been featured in the series. I didn't feel like any of the dialogue was forced like you are suggesting. And if this premier is any indication, we are in for a very compelling season.

9. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You know, this season is starting out as strong or even stronger as the other ones, but I'm wondering if they will have anything new to offer.

Dexter slowly narrows in on a big serial killer, meanwhile occupying himself with random murderers. Etc.

Hopefully they can bring back some of the character development from the first few seasons that made Dexter so great. Also hoping to see more of Mos Def's character.

10. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You don't think Deb getting promoted to Lieutenant is character development? I think they're doing a great job. They dumped the shit Angel-LaGuerta storyline, replaced it with tension of a divorce, resentment and now there's plenty of angles. Dexter seems really conflicted about religion now that he's seen both the good and bad it can do.

I really like Mos Def's character as well and Misuka's intern is a hot piece of ass.

Are Cody and Astor out of the equation? No mention of them at all this season, which I don't mind.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"I might not have had a decent shit in the past 10 years, but I'm not an idiot".

I actually laughed out loud at that.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, I know a lot of people hated Julia Stiles on the last season, but I kinda loved her. Dex needed someone to play off while he was doing work. I've actually been sad this season so far that she's not around for him talk to when he kills.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Justice was finally served in this episode: Dexter did NOT let Cohagen have the air.

Also, that last shot with the horses was fucking nuts.

14. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that with the exception of the last five minutes, this episode was pure filler. I think I'm still spoiled from season 4.

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

I was just talking about something like this. It feels like the main stories are moving much more slowly this season than in the past. I know we're only three episodes in, but it's still all so vague and mysterious, usually we know SOMETHING revealing by now to really hook you. I consider that kind of a cheap trick to keep you coming back that's reserved for lesser-quality shows, but admittedly it's working. It does seem like the main story is going to have really good payoff, and I'm excited to see what it's going to be. (And I agree that the horses were fucking nuts. I actually got chills.)

I thought the mini-plot this episode with the Tooth Fairy was awesome. I laughed out loud when he was like "and then I Goggled your name!" The curmudgeony old semi-retired serial killer as a peek into Dexter's possible future was great - the perfect balance of humor and being insightful.

What's happening with the hot intern? Is she just a fucking weirdo, or is she going to end up being a killer? I hope she doesn't kill Matzuka.

16. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know I'm going to be wrong about this, but I'm willing to guess that this girl is going to end up on Dexter's table for attempting to be a low rent Ice Truck Killer. Or she's just a klepto.

17. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I am going to guess she puts the pieces together and connects Dexter to the Ice Truck Killer (and ends up on his table).

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And then Masuka becomes the "cop" that pursues Dexter and not Quinn like some have previously theorized?

19. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone heard anything about if this is going to be the last season or not? I feel like tying a storyline back into the first season is a way of wrapping the whole series up.

20. Nax

Nax
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Supposedly they are in negotiations for season 7 and maybe 8 but Hall is asking for a million an episode and Showtime doesn't want to pay that much.