Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter - Season 8 (The final season)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Macgruber, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

3. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is also interesting how consistent the disappointment has been in this final season. Everyone I have heard from or talked to who has been into this show is in WTF mode. It's like the writers didn't even give a shit.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sadly believe it 100%. This season has been terrible. This basically makes all the sense in the world. Hannah has only said "Argentina" 100 times.

5. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That .gif at the end made me severely miss John Lithgow.

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If this season of Dexter was a novel, I would have already skipped to the end to see how it turned out and given the book away.

7. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Found another fun game to play to pass the drudgery that is all but a few minutes of each episode.

If you didn't read that potential leaked ending a few posts back, or for some reason actually give a shit, don't keep reading...

So it says that fucking Quinn takes over the killing and there could potentially be a spin-off. How fucking hilarious could that intro be?

Bum-ba-dum, ba-dum...

Quinn wakes up, hits snooze.

Bah-bum-ba-dum, ba-dum...

Wakes again, takes a crap. Puts on gold chain. Goes to kitchen, grabs juice box, watches Sportscentre.

Bum-ba-dum, ba-dum...

Goes to bathroom, rubs tanning lotion all over body. Puts on another gold chain. Flexes in mirror, gives himself a wink and kissy face.

Bah-bum-ba-dum, ba-dum...

Goes back to bed. Farts.

Bum-da-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee...

Opening shot: Quinn in a strip club, getting a lap dance.

*squints* "Hey, I don't suppose you know anyone that's gotten away with murder, do you?"

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They seriously give no fucks. I can't even take this show seriously. I decided they really fucked up the entire arc when Dexter had a kid. They should have went balls to the wall this season with the whole list of serial killers and Dexter having to clean them up before running away with Hannah. Him having a kid killed all momentum, because it was too easy a weak spot for him.

9. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the first time in television, I was cheering for a kid to die. If Harrison died in Hannah's care, all of a sudden it's back on the table for her, and killing rampage for Dexter. Everyone he loves dies. He breaks the code, kills Deb just to protect her from monsters like him, gets the death penalty, stares down the camera as he gets lethally injected and voice overs something about always knowing in his heart that this is how it would end, and that killers always get what they deserve.

Or whatever. I told the dude I'm dating that I'm convinced at this point the writers just go in the writing room, shit all over the floor and then start smearing it on the walls, then divine through the Rorschach shit paintings they've created the next plot point that will be fucking terrible. Deb and Quinn? Why the fuck not, because everyone is SO invested in her love life. Harrison hit his face? THERE ARE TWO EPISODES. SOMEONE JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY.

10. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh and PS, why set up the whole sexual tension with Elway and Deb and Deb and Quinn if they weren't going to end this season in a spit roast featuring a returned-to-prostitution Deb and the two most fakely tanned dicks this side of Jersey Shore?

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm guessing you haven't read the rumors about the show or read the spoiler. Please read the spoiler, because its 100% dead on, now so you don't break your TV next Sunday. And google the news about Dexter. Save yourself the trouble. The writers are practically striking at this point, its fucking terrible. They are coming in high, drunk, both or taking elephant tranqs.

12. Aristotle

Aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

... the fuck?

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm halfway through the episode and there is so much retard I can't even process it.

14. littlefoot789

littlefoot789
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just fucking wait for the last 10 minutes.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just finished. Well that spoiler was off quite a bit with the last half. This part ended so fucking retardedly I can't process. Wow.

16. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not thrilled, but I'm not entirely disappointed. It did kinda sorta make sense for the arc of the character, but then again I really am disappointed with the way the whole thing was handled. Very mixed feelings to say the least. What a fizzled anticlimactic ending to a once great show. How the fuck did he survive driving his boat into a hurricane? Why would he take Deborah's body and dump it in the ocean? It made sense but it didn't make sense. Never would have dreamed I would feel this way at the end of this series. If I were going to watch it again on Netflix I would just stop at the end of season 4 with Rita's death. That was the real series finale as far as I'm concerned.

Except for the fact that Masuka's daughter was really nice to look at, that storyline was completely pointless. In a word, clusterfuck.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole problem with this show is that it worshipped Dexter, he was the angel and everything else had to play accordingly. They didn't let any dirt on him. Deb just absolves him of all guilt? He just gets to get away with everything with no questions or consequences. Then he doesn't even fucking kill himself like a boss. Why did he need to die on her terms? Wait, why did Saxon go out of his way to get back to Deb? Why did Dexter really need to go back and kill him in the first place? Just so much fuck.

18. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Dexter taking the body and dumping it in the water is about him taking responsibility for Deb’s death. After losing so many people from trying to balance two lives, I get why Dexter feels the need to distance himself from his loved ones. However, I don’t see why he thinks Harrison is in good hands with Hannah. She is like Dexter and could find herself in trouble if her past ever catches up to her. I’m also puzzled as to why Deb and Dex had to face the consequences of their actions while Hannah pretty much gets a free pass.

I am unclear about Dexter’s progression as well. In the previous episode, Harry disappears because Dexter no longer wants to kill. Dexter’s urge passed because he had Hannah to fill the void. Now, he is alone in a cabin and I don’t see why he won’t go back to killing people.

I did like the scene where Quinn and Batista are watching the surveillance tape of Dexter killing Saxon and then calmly pressing the button. They finally got a glimpse of Dexter and accepted him.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The more I think about it, this was the only way the show could really end. You can't have Dex living happily ever after, what with all the killing he's done. He realized his humanity over the years, and it was almost inevitable that his last kill would be Deb, and he would do it from a place of love. I didn't buy into that part of the spoiler that had Quinn taking over as an emotionless serial killer. Quinn is all emotion, all the time.

As far as Dex surviving the hurricane, I think the only justification of the scene with him trying to sell the boat, was to get out the information that it has an automatically deployed life raft. Not that it mattered. Dexter dying wouldn't have been enough punishment. Instead, he will live the rest of his life alone, not killing, in silence.

The person I feel worst for is Harrison, but this wasn't Harrison's story, it was Dexter's.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still pissed off that no one figured it out. The entire police force should have found out somehow. The fact he just goes off into the night is ridiculous with no harm done to his reputation is ridiculous.

Didn't we all want Dexter running from his friends and family? That line about "I always thought I would be running from my life, not running to a new one" pissed me off because guess what bro? We all did too!