Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter - Season 8 (The final season)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Macgruber, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assume if they're wearing close toed shoes, it's probably fine.

I know they're around in good ol' Australia, but I never heard about us having them here.

2. thefyler

thefyler
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Not only can you go to topless sports bars in Florida but I have been to a topless breakfast diner in Orlando once

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At this point in the show, we have to have already seen who the brain surgeon was and just not known about. I've been thinking a lot and I can't seem to figure out who I think it is.

But Deb's boss seems like the only likely option at the point. He would be an expert at stalking his victims and not being detected.

I really don't know anymore.

4. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's pretty obvious the brain surgeon is Vogel. I hope I'm wrong because this show is getting really predictable and boring. I wish something would actually happen already. It all seems so anticlimactic.

5. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Yeah, I'm also guessing that it's Vogel, and agree that it's this strangely anticlimatic final season. Maybe it's all leading to some kind of totally blow-your-mind finale or something, but so far there doesn't even seem to be one major conflict. It doesn't even seem to be revolving around solving the overall "will he or won't he get away with it all" arch like with Breaking Bad. Maybe Quinn catches Dexter as he continues to try and prove the kid guilty? If that's the case I feel like that should've come to more of a boiling point by now. Boo.

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to think it was Vogel too, but I just don't see how it could be. It did show her opening up the packages left on her door step. But that could be just deliberately misleading. She is extremely fascinated bordering on obsessed with psychopaths. She probably is one.

7. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I haven’t like this season much either, but I have to see how the show ends.

Cassie’s death was meant to frame Zack and trick Dexter into killing him. Masuka said that Cassie let the killer into the apartment because he was known to her. I think the boyfriend is the brain surgeon and could be Vogel’s son.

And I've heard of topless breakfast in Montreal.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It would be interesting if that theory panned out and him leaving little brain samples at the door was like a cat showing his owner the dead lizard for validation.

9. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So you don't think Quinn put the sharp metal on Zack's car? He did just come up to Dexter and say "So...uhhh...hey...did you happen to find any of Zack's blood underneath Cassie's dead fingernails?" Or something like that.

I'm hoping that like the first 9 episodes are one really, really long calm before the shitstorm of the last few episodes.

10. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If Quinn was carrying Zack’s blood with him, then he really lucked out in finding a crime scene that was staged to look like one of Zack’s murders. That’s too coincidental for me to accept. Someone took the effort to replicate Zack’s previous murder so I believe the blood was left by the killer.

11. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel if Quinn was the one that killed Cassie, and did so to frame Zack for his previous crimes, that ties in with the whole "greater good" concept and would lead to an interesting finale if Quinn also went on to discover Dexter's true identity.

However, I think they need something truely fucked up and crazy to happen soon, like Debra dying or something like that.

12. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've been wishing for that for years.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Zack's blood was under that hot neighbor's fingernails, why didn't they just check for defensive wounds that would have caused his blood to spill? Wouldn't that have been a much easier way to see if he was framed?

14. Winterbike

Winterbike
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Deb and Masuka's daughter just met. Deb and Hannah are bonding. Quinn is messing up so Cassie will want to punish him by fivesoming with Deb and Dexter. The wheels are in motion.

15. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So is it wrong that that sounds a lot more exciting than the actual plot line of the show so far? Three episodes left and I'm still bored and honestly don't even care anymore. I have a strong suspicion I'm not going to like how it all turns out anyway. There is NO suspense in it at all. I'm watching, but it's not as much fun or good as it should be.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, this last episode i was like "Oh fuck seriously? Is this seriously going on? Really? Ugh, fine, I'll see where it goes." Watching this has been so goddamn "meh." It's like having sex with a fat chick just because you have nothing else to do.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would have rather boned a fat girl while watching that last episode so there would have been some suspense somewhere.

18. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, you guys just gotta let go. I hit my breaking point sometime last season (honestly don't even care to think of what stupid plot line did it), but like you guys, I've invested enough that I have to see it through till the end. My strategy to dealing with the awful is only watching with the roommate, so we can one-up each other with the most ridiculous things any given character could say or do. We end up focusing a lot on Vogel (Wogel? I seriously don't care enough to Google or even scroll in this thread), with things like "Be so funny if a scene started with her shaving her face in the mirror while talking to Dexter, and Dexter doesn't even notice or think anything is odd." Or things like she casually wrestles a steer and puts up barbed wire with her presumably grizzled, bare hands, all while telling Dexter she thinks the ice cream brain scoop killer or whoever the fuck is still out there.

I guess what I'm saying is, humour will help you deal.

Oh and we both screamed "Show your tittays!" in the scene immediately before Masuka's daughter let 'em fly, so that was nice.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those were a phenomenal little pair of boobies. Highlight of the season for me. I would have rather them run with an awkward plot line where Masuka keeps ending up in places where he happens to run into her topless for some reason. And then some weird as fuck pseudo incestuous shit goes down. That would have surely kept things interesting. And then Deb and Dexter join because I kinda thought it was going to go there anyway. And then they all commit suicide. End of series.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, they definitely fucked themselves because the teaser art of the season had Deb in Dexter's kill gear, so it was giving a STRONG vibe they were going to team up more. This entire season has been them fucking fighting, so its been a massive fucking disappointment.