Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jimmy James, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Hopefully not before we get to see her naked. Get your priorities straight, Showtime.

I will be happy with anything other than what they did with Lumen. Her departure basically rendered the entire season meaningless. (I think the exact line was, "and it was like it never happened".)

2. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Do you feel the same way about Brother Sam?

Lumen’s departure gave us 2 things. First, Dexter’s disappointment and frustration with this shows us that he is much different from the detached loner he was when the show began. Second, she is proof that the dark passenger can leave you and an example of what Dexter can hope to achieve, hence the very name Lumen.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're not going to see Hannah naked, she's too big of an actress. And not even too big of an actress, just not small enough like every other chick that gets naked on the show.

And I second everything Paperbag has said in his last two posts.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If it was going to happen, it would have. It's the law on television shows: if the blanket or camera or whatever forbids it, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Deborah Woll on True Blood is a perfect example, no matter what angle you look at the TV from (or how hard you pray).

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Well...... damn.

Kudos for unpredictability, but the premature loss of the season's best character was more than a blow to this season. However, Issak went out SO awesome. That whole aura of tragic meloncholy he left Dexter with on the boat was so awesome. Ray Stevenson had BETTER get an Emmy nomination for this season. He almost gave Lithgow a run for his money.

So... I guess that leaves Hannah, and the Arson Investigator who is OBVIOUSLY burning people as the villains. I predict Hannah to kill Deb and Dexter truly left alone for the final season. I think his mask will finally crumble before it ends.

One more thing: Way to be, Quinn.

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Hannah kills Deb, Dex will definitely kill Hannah. I'm really interested to see where the Laguerta plot line is going. I think she is definitely going to get taken out sometime next season. It would really suck if she takes him down. The only way I want to see him get arrested or taken down is by Deb. It should absolutely be her if it happens. I would much rather see him get away with all of it. He may be a sociopath but for the most part he's doing a service for society! By the way, Miami sure does attract a lot of serial killers. Quinn is turning into an awesome character.

7. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Urgh, that was the episode where this season went to shit.

1. Isaak is dead.
    2. They shoehorn in another serial killer with three episodes left.
    3. Dexter kills someone in broad daylight at a shooting range located somewhere where Deb can't cover it up for him.
    4. The bullet's still inside Isaak so he's definitely a goner, but takes forever to die.
    5. Is there a single viewer who gives a fuck about Batista's restaurant?
    6. Remember when that really important evidence went missing? Neither do Miami Metro PD.
    7. Jamie must be sleeping with a lot of professors as she can't be getting much study driving back and forth between Orlando and Miami, looking after Harrison whenever it benefits the story not to have him around.
    8. The guard leaves the prisoner alone in the kitchen...
    9. ...and the prisoner doesn't think to take the key to her chains, or pick up a knife.
    10. Deb must be working through her list of excuses for being first to a crime scene pretty quickly.

There's only so much mileage they can get out of Yvonne Strahovski being turbo hot.

8. littlefoot789

littlefoot789
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

To be fair, I read a bit where one of the show runners said seasons 7 and 8 are a sort of combined storyline culminating in the series end. So I could see this new killer spilling into the last season.
    Also interesting to see another (probable) killer in a different branch of law enforcement.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its been a great season so far. I still think this season is good to go.

1. Isaak is dead. - I'm giving them props for mixing this up and not doing the typical villian of the season thing. Better for him to go out this way instead of continual filler shit.
    2. They shoehorn in another serial killer with three episodes left. - They have to have something planned for this, way too obvious for it to be this guy, and only a 3 episode arc.
    3. Dexter kills someone in broad daylight at a shooting range located somewhere where Deb can't cover it up for him. - That was actually tactifully done. He waited for the sound of shots and stabbed him then, he was at the edge of the range. There have been worse things.
    4. The bullet's still inside Isaak so he's definitely a goner, but takes forever to die. - Yep, I thought that was silly too. Then again, I have a feeling George would know where and how to kill and shoot someone so they die painfully.
    6. Remember when that really important evidence went missing? Neither do Miami Metro PD. - Quinn is going to die this season so why bother arresting him?
    7. Jamie must be sleeping with a lot of professors as she can't be getting much study driving back and forth between Orlando and Miami, looking after Harrison whenever it benefits the story not to have him around. - For all we know its summer time and she's not even in school. Wouldn't Harrison be in school also?
    8. The guard leaves the prisoner alone in the kitchen...-
    9. ...and the prisoner doesn't think to take the key to her chains, or pick up a knife. - Pretty sure he moved everything out of her range. The key was out of reach as well.
    10. Deb must be working through her list of excuses for being first to a crime scene pretty quickly. - Yeah, don't know about that one either.

10. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Isaak from the last episode felt really at odds with Isaak from two weeks ago. It was made pretty clear that he had no reason left to live and was willing to put everything on the line to fuck Dexter up. Then a day later they're all buddy-buddy. They sort of covered it with the whole "I sent Viktor here, it's my fault!" thing, but the whole thing happened so fast that it just felt weak and rushed.

11. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was talking with a friend and we were discussing the Captain and LaGuerta looking at Dexter's finances and noticing that he spent $50,000 on plastic. Mostly in jest but he has used a fuck ton of plastic over the years. Does he have a storage cube full of plastic somewhere? He never seems to run out. If he did he should have put some on the boat when Issac was bleeding out all over it because that is going to be a bitch to clean up.

I was sad to see Issac go because he was an awesomely entertaining character but I liked how they did it.

12. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don’t see things working out well with Hannah. Deb warned Dex about having a future with Hannah when they were in the car. This warning and Hannah’s expression when Dex was practically crying on her shoulder makes me think things will end badly.

This may be why Hannah survived. If she died, Dexter might play the coulda, woulda, shoulda, game about his future with her. Instead, we have Deb saving Hannah so she can then cause a grand disappointment that Dexter will learn a lesson from. It may even drive him closer to Deb.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The fact that Dexter is with Hannah at all is just fucking ridiculous. This is the guy who plays it so careful what it comes to practically anything? He'd be safer cruising with Isaak, but then again...the shit men do for hot pussy. Dating a chick who could kill him any time she feels like it, who has never given a shit about ANYBODY her entire life...it's quite possibly the dumbest decision he's ever made on the show.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they end the series with Hannah offing Dexter and Deb busting Hannah I'm going to plastic-wrap my TV to a table and drive a knife through its screen.

Shit, the more I think about it, the more I could see that actually happening.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She really cared for her boyfriend that jumped in front of the truck. I think she feels the same about Dexter. She did drop that serious "I love you." I think she really cares. I don't think that's an issue. And Dexter has been slipping A LOT recently. He's not the cool, calculated machine he was before Rita died. Part of his progress is that he's been slipping in his cold hard killer demeanor, but becoming more and more human.

16. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it me or are all the actors aging at about a year an episode?

17. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I noticed that too when they do flashbacks and during the opening credits scene. Jesus H. but Dexter looks like he's 50 and Harrison looks like he's going to sport a mustache any day.

On the upside, Astor is moving into tag and release category.

18. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Okay, we've already proven that Dexter can be easily manipulated with the LaGuerta bait. Does anyone else think that Deb poisoned herself to make Dexter turn on Hannah McKay? Seems like the perfect solution to manipulate his trust issues and get him all turned around. I'm almost certain that's what Deb did. Hannah said it herself, if she wanted the job done, she'd have done it correctly since she doesn't make mistakes.

Also, how the fuck could acconite be on the pen? Didn't they fucking test for acconite with Sal Price's body and the tox screen came up negative? That's the fucking sloppiest oversight I've ever seen.

19. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I totally agree that Deb set Hannah up. Along the same lines with the acconite, I think Dexter set Hannah up. He knew she used something that was "untraceable" and he knew what Deb suspected her of using on Sal. I think that explains the oversight. While some of the more recent seasons have been pretty shitty, the writers have always been solid on not fucking up stuff like that.

Here is my crazy prediction for how it all goes down, taking into consideration the scenes they gave us in the "next week on dexter":

Hannah rats out Dexter as an initial knee-jerk reaction to getting betrayed. Dex gets taken in. Deb poisoned herself to set Hannah up, but now that Dex is paying for it, Deb has to figure out a way to fix it. Hannah threatens to reveal Deb as Dexter's accomplice, but keeps silent in exchange for Deb saying the poison pen was planted evidence. With Dexter in custody, and Estrada alive, the only way to clear Dexter's name is for Deb and/or Hannah to kill Estrada, Bay-Harbor-Butcher-style, showing Dexter couldn't have done it while in custody. Some where along the lines, Batista gets killed because he officially announced his retirement. Deb and Hannah reconcile over Estrada's dead body. Dexter gets released. Deb is even more fucked up after having to kill someone to save her brother. And we get to look at the gorgeous Hannah McKay for one more season.

20. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Like Hannah said if she wanted her dead she'd be dead, Hannah tells junkie bitch about the meds. Junkie bitch fucks it up and Deb lives, if she intentionally drugs herself while driving to frame Hannah she has to known there is a chance she dies in the process.