Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jimmy James, Sep 14, 2012.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This season has been pretty good so far. I'm really glad they are leaving behind the annoying subplots between Laguerta and Batista and Laguerta and Deb. That whole petty power struggle thing was annoying as hell. I'm still waiting for a scene where the babysitter chick shows the goods.

I really enjoyed the scene at the bar where Dexter gave Deb some insight into his stalking tactics. I'm interested to see where Deb's morality spirals off to now that Dexter showed he was right the whole time.

2. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did as well, the mask reminded me of the second half of Stephen King's book Rose Madder.

The strip club owner is giving me serious flashbacks to my childhood since that's none other than Jason "Mr. Iron Eagle" Gedrick. I'd probably shit if they worked in a Louis Gossett Jr. cameo.

3. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

She made Chuck watchable.

4. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone ever see Rome? Fantastic series. My favorite actor from it?

This guy:
    [​IMG]

Who happens to be this guy:

[​IMG]

And I think a ridiculously good villain in the show so far. He brings this sinister calm and I can't wait to see what happens when he and Dexter intersect.

5. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The "Gus Fring" of Dexter, except on the sociopath version of steroids.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Besides another silly maze, that was a great episode (fuck that strobe light is irritating). I did not see that twist coming with why Ray Stevenson was so upset about Victor's death. That scene in the apartment with that poor bartender was just diabolical. He gets better every episode.

Good to see that Dexter still fights like a fucking badass. Still, no human being on earth could survive a shovel blow like that.

Torching the blood slides was a monumental thing, but I wished he burned Stone Cold alive while doing it instead of giving him a coup de gras first.

7. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm glad this was all covered throughout the latest episode. They're handling this aspect of Deb's discovery very well.

8. mamac

mamac
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I predict they will waste most of the season focusing on LaGuerta trying to figure out the blood slide connection, then Deb wrestling with whether to help Dexter by misdirecting LaGuerta

Quinn looks sickly thin in this season, wonder what's happening to the actor? I'm guessing piles and piles of drugs.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He looks like he has AIDS face. If you remember, though, in the season he joined the cast, he was a bit rounder with a belly. I can't tell if he lost weight for the show or just got skinny on his own.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Issac is one bad. Ass. Mother. Fucker. Fast appraoching Trinity territory.

Did anybody think the wedding photo that pinched Dexter was hilarious? Everyone with big smiles, and there he is cold as an popcicle with furrow brow. I cracked up.

This has been a great season so far, looks like Dexter is going to now murder his latest crush. Lewis' mind games sure didn't last long (he was outlcassed), how long will hers?

11. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not quite sure how I feel about about having two disparate halfs of a season. Cuz that's how this feels.

12. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ok I'm a believer, Isaac is definitely an exciting villain to watch.

The scene with Deb and Batista was such a reversal for her. She talked to him the same way that Laguerta used to talk to her. I felt bad for both of them because Deb had to crush a good friend that stood behind her on many occasions.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This season has been fucking great. Maybe the bar has been lowered because the last two weren't that good. Deb is killing it this season. Finally the writing has her handling some good shit and it is entirely her season.

Isaak is fucking awesome. Made better by Deb's comment "We're after the fucking Terminator now?" Her other line was great also "We're in a storm of fuck." I'm surprised they keep moving and shaking with the storylines which is pretty damn good. Made Isaak gay, then put him in jail. None of this last minute "he walks due to his super mafia lawyer" bullshit. That story of his uncle was pretty awesome and told perfectly.

I have no complaints so far, I'm just here for the ride.

14. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Totally agree. I love Isaak. He's a total bad-ass, and I love every second he's on screen. He's basically killed six people already, and I can't help but think he'll be killing more, soon.

As for the lawyer thing... I assume Isaak will still get off. I'm assuming his lawyer is high-priced and pretty decent, and think it would be easy for him to argue a guy new to Miami accidentally walked into the wrong bar and defended himself against a bunch of dudes trying to kill him. Maybe a gun charge or something but I still think he'll get off on the murders.

15. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Indeed. With the amount of murderers that Miami Metro let slip through the cracks it would be rather strange if Isaak did go to jail for the rest of his life like Deb pronounced.

Still, I'm liking the season as a whole. I'm not sure how much of that is down to it being actually good and how much is down to just not being pretty shitty like the last couple. Also, a decent amount of it is down to Yvonne Strahovski.

16. McCloud182

McCloud182
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm curious to see if Issak somehow gets off due to someone finding out the Quinn has accepted money from the brotherhood. Not sure how they would play that event, but just a stray thought.

17. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm just wondering if he gets off for self defence, since it actually was self defence (to an extent).

18. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Holy fucking shit at the ending of tonight's episode. We probably all knew Dexter would hook up with Hannah McKay but wow that was so tense. This season is getting incredibly interesting and I love the way they keep tying in previous seasons. Dexter covering up that spatter report is going to come back and bite him in the ass, especially when Deb finds out who he's fucking. This season just got 10x better.

19. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Maybe I’ve watched too much of OZ, but that prison scene annoyed me. The Columbian’s friends were huge, why would they back down? The Columbians can’t be that scared of the Ukrainians if they challenge them in business. The Columbians had a larger presence in the prison than the Ukrainians, you'd think every guy at the bottom of the totem pole would want to kill Isaac to boost their reputation and gain favour with the Columbians...

20. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gay? I did not get that. I was thinking it was his son, or Godson or something like that.