Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by hbax, Jul 24, 2010.

1. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thats what you get from RoboCop. I want them to write him saying "Drop it" or "Dead or alive, you're coming with me". That'd make me happy.

As to this episode I finally feel like the show is picking up some steam. LaGuerta versus Deb? Interested. Batista versus LaGuerta? Even more interested.

The eye contact and the approval given by Lumen during the scene when Dexter completed the kill was absolutely fascinating. These two play really well off each other.

The set up for Deb against Officer Godamnbitchyoukindafine looks to be kind of interesting as well. I'm hoping that it sets up some nuance for Deb versus her normal rush in, smash shit and then ask Dexter for help approach. The show had been mildly disappointing to this point but seems to be picking up some steam.

2. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

They kind of wrote themselves into a corner with the ending of last season. It was awesome, but the aftermath of Rita's death meant that this season couldn't pick right up with Dexter killing people (which has always been the essence of the show) and instead they had to deal with his psychological issues for a while, and throw in some cop BS (which has always been secondary) as action filler. As Dexter has pointed out many times in his monologue, the premise of the show requires that the entire Homicide department is to some degree incompetent. That's not an excuse for poor writing in making every bit of Deb's character and actions a complete cliche (some of the blame for that lies with Jennifer Carpenter), etc. but anything dealing with official Miami PD stuff not directly related to Dexter is always going to take a backseat.

Anyway, it's nice to see the focus back on Dexter killing bad guys. It may not match up to last season, but the remaining episodes look promising. Julia Stiles has been surprisingly good, and there should be some good moments from Sick Boy.

3. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

(From the episode on Nov. 7th, as I'm trying to get caught up) Thought that was a nice callback when the creepy PI said he's only been out of the country once, to Paris. I had to think about it for a second, but Dex went there to kill her. Nice bit of continuity.

4. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

LaGuerta is a CUNT. I hope she get's hung out to dry, we will see if Angel burns her. If he does he becomes the man, if not he's a spineless weakling.

Robocop is really, really creepy. I hope Quinn takes him out.

PREDICTION- I know it's dumb to do this but I think the prowler Lumen is hiding from will be Deb.

5. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In reality, it can really only be one of 3 people, right? Quinn, Deb, Liddy.

We all knew Laguerta is a self-serving bitch, but typically she screws over Mathews or another character we don't care about. I only tolerate Debra Morgan, but I take offense to the Lieutenant being that much of a cunt. The only thing that would make the situation perfect is if, when Angel tells her he's fucking her over, he says, "And I'm sick of randomly inserting Spanish words and accents into my English sentences, you bitch."

6. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It probably is Deb, but it could make things interesting if Liddy shows the photos he took of Dex to Quinn, goes to the house to investigate and Lumen kills him forcing her and Dex to dispose of the body raising Quinns suspicion some more, or kill him and make people wonder why some suspended cop was rooting around in Dexters house in the first place and why some random chick is hiding out at his house.

7. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This episode was great, especially Dexter setting up the kill in the service elevator and then being called on stage. The tension was unbelievable.

Deb vs. Laguerta. This should be good.

Wait, what? I have no recollection of any prowler.. What are you guys referring to?

8. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Promos. sho.com/dexter

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anything in a promo should be spoilered.

10. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seconded

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, I'm a mod. That wasn't a request I was just spitballing.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They should be, I download these and they never have previews. Im kind of glad I don't watch them anymore. The Soprano's would ALWAYS edit promos to suggest Tony getting killed IN EVERY EPISODE. It got tiring.

I agree, it is picking up and my hope is, is that the last 4 episodes will all be a thrill ride as all of the plot lines converge. It seems pretty obvious that Jordan is going to be the mastermind behind the whole kidnapping torture ring. With the intimate details of Dexter that he knows, he might be hunting Dexter as much as Dexter is hunting him.

So did Deb quit or what? She was carrying out one of those woodgrain covered cardboard boxes that every movie and tv show has used for all time to represent people packing up their shit when they get their walking papers. Do these boxes really exist? Is there a storage room in every office building stack to the ceiling with cheesy wood grain cardboard boxes? Well anyway fuck LeGuerta.

13. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

At least she got her bitch on. Much better that her softly sighing "anhel" like she's done for fucking ages.

14. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Great character development for Dex in this episode, very humanizing. I'm gonna put on my splatter mask and coveralls, because the shit is hitting the fan as we speak.

Oh, and Masuka needs a LOT more dialogue:

15. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best episode this season. Nice to see Harry back too as it's one of my favorite aspects of the show.

16. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I cannot stand the actress or the character that plays Astor. However the scenes with her and Dexter were probably the best ones of the entire episode besides when
    Dexter gave the anatomy lesson/beatdown

Did it bother anyone else that
    the guy's liver was on the wrong side of the body in the anatomy lesson?

17. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Agreed, this started out a bit slow but they're ramping up nicely. I was worried that this season would be a big letdown after the stellar Season 4, but it's come on strong the past few weeks.

I'm really curious as to the blood that Dexter pulled from Jordan Chase's necklace. It's from some woman that's still alive, but why does he have it?

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great episode.

I was pissed when one of the boring ass kids entered the episode but for what it brought out is was worth it.

I feel like there needs to be a twist with Jordan Chase. It just seems too obvious that he's the mastermind. Dexter has been pretty good about adding twists to the end of each season so I'm expecting something, I just don't know what it is.

Jordan saying hello to Lumen by name was awesome too. ZeroCool is a sick motherfucker.

19. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wow, what an awesome episode. Things are really starting to pick up. How the hell did
    Jordan know it was Lumen? Great ending.

20. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HAH! I called that out to the people I was watching with.