Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by travis, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Now that I've caught my breath...

This was hands down the best season of all. I doubt they could top it. Killing off the most likable character in the cast so brutally and randomly? Ballsy. Ballsy and it works so well. I have no fucking clue where they are going to go with this but I like it.

Lithgow's Walter Mitchell will go down as one of the greatest villains not just in television history but WORLD history. It's rare for a character to get under the viewer's skin quite like he did with so many people (evident on the board, to say the least). It's kind of funny that as intimidating as this sinister old man is, he is widely known for having one of the nicest dispositions in Hollywood. You would be hard pressed to find a single person that has anything bad to say about the guy as an actor or a person.

I've been a fan of the guy for years, though you don't see very much of him anymore. See also: Cliffhanger, Riccochet, and especially Raising Cain is you want a creepy Lithgow. He also was nominated for an Oscar as a former NFL star turned tranny in The World According to Garp. The guy is awesome in ANYTHING. He was even awesome in Harry and the Hendersons. This man simply can do no wrong.

"DAMN YOU, WALKER!!!!"
    [​IMG]

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's up to the creators. Soprano's could have gone on for another 3-4 seasons and kept raking in the dough but David Chase decided the storyline had run it's course and there wasn't any room for character development or growth. Plug pulled.

I do think that they could make the show last a few more seasons without ruining it. If the kids stay in the picture for the long term (and I think they will) Dexter will need to find a new love interest so he isn't raising these kids by himself.

3. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Dexter will call the cops I think. From the outside, Rita's death fits the Trinity MO. He abducted a 10 year old boy a few days ago, next comes the woman in the bathtub. I think Quinn and Deb will maybe be suspicious, and this will maybe remind Batista of what happened at the Department. I think any hopes of Dexter taking control of the Dark Passenger are shot though.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Outside of a verifiable source I don't think they'll end this show like The Sopranos did. I would guess that showtime milks it until they have another certifiable hit.

5. kdeuce

kdeuce
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Most likable character? Almost everyone I talked to was hoping for them to separate or her dying. She was annoying as fuck, couldn't do anything herself and was always nagging Dexter about pointless shit. Not to mention she went from strong independent woman in the previous seasons to a leech on Dexter in this one.

"Dexter, I know your probably busy trying to solve murders at work but Harrison has a fever and I'm too tired from sitting around with him all day. Is there any way you could drop everything and come hold him for me instead?"

It wasn't until the finale that they gave her any redeeming quality with the whole "you can change, Dexter" exchange they had.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Classic and basically describes my reaction to the finale...

#166 JWags, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. turboawesome

turboawesome
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I totally agree, I found Rita excruciatingly annoying and demanding. I don't even know why Dexter felt he needed her to continue the facade of being normal - like being single is such an anomaly.

8. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Being single wouldn't be a serial killer flag in and of itself, but being married would be good circumstantial evidence to deter anyone who had vague suspicions about you from investigating any further.

9. WWSwagger

WWSwagger
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I agree, and I think that was Dexter's thought process...but isn't it interesting that this is the one thing that Quinn seems to zero in on? IE: 'What married guy keeps his old apartment?' and 'You're going to see your family Dex? Yeah right..'

Being married doesn't really do shit for you if you're not acting like a 'normal' married person other than cause more suspicions.

10. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not sure if anyone saw the results of the Golden Globes (I know I wasn't drunk enough to watch), but both Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow won the award in their respective categories. I'd like to see them both win an Emmy as well, though I know nothing about when those are.

11. Marjorine

Marjorine
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The Emmys aren't usually until September. I'm sure Lithgow will at least be nominated, they love him at the Emmys, and Hall has been nominated 3 times (twice for Dexter). I hope it's his year.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was quite surprised to find out that Michael C. Hall has cancer.

Article HERE

13. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was very happy to see him win at the Golden Globes, and very surprised to see that hat. It looks like he will be fine..............

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/01/18/2010-01-18_michael_c_hall_globes_winner_for_dexter_doing_fine_in_his_battle_with_cancer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... ancer.html</a>

14. cuOL66

cuOL66
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

OK so I'm drunk and rewatching season 4. Does Cody seem a little obsessed with death to anyone else? He asks Dexter if anyone died in the car wreck, he asked Deb if she saw that guy die, and what it was like, and he was super curious to see Deb's scar. Not just little boy curious, but potentially "Dark Passenger" so. Thoughts?

15. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I didn't read the Dexter books but I thought I remember someone talking about Cody becoming like Dexter later on in the series. Is that right or am I way off base?

16. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't know if you guys have seen the animated shorts for Dexter. Essentially prequels the first season. Animation isn't great but the stories are kinda cool:

#176 whathasbeenseen, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. Marjorine

Marjorine
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

"Spoilers" in the article are not really spoilers as such, they just pertain to a few details about Dexter's fifth season that folk (including us) have been speculating. Read at your own peril if you like to go in blind, but it's stuff I wanted to know and I don't feel "spoiled".

<a class="postlink" href="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/05/dexter-season-5-spoilers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/05/ ... -spoilers/</a>