Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by travis, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Good call. He's gotta be pretty close to 10 I'd say. This really was a great episode. The last couple before it were good, but aside from the Thanksgiving part nothing really was changed. This episode really got you fired up and set for some hopefully great finishing episodes.

2. 304

Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Did any else think Trinity was going to kill his reporter daughter at the end of the episode? I was 50/50 on who would be at her door.

Any speculation on where the neighbor problem is going?

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I couldn't care less about the neighbor having the hots for Rita, either they'll wrap it up in the next two episodes are they set it up for next season. If we don't see any Rita TnA then it is an almost completely worthless plot line. Only outshined by the Leguerta/Batista love affair, which Ive always wanted to see her naked since her days on Oz, but come one it's almost like a scene segue device really.

I was glad that there are two episodes left I had a feeling watching this episode that the next one would be the finale. I agree with the person saying that Dex has been majorly sloppy this season, tons of evidence linking him to Kyle's life and other people, you don't really even have to nit pick (but hey it's the best Showtimes got). I have a feeling that Trinity's son will have a major hand in actually killing him instead of Dexter.

4. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I think that situation only bodes well for Dexter. Now he'll have something to potentially hold over her head, so he can get some more slack in doing the things he wants to do. She is, after all, keeping it secret from Dex, which as we all know, she hates all the secret keeping and lies. Not saying anything is the same as lying, isn't it:?

5. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

God damn the ending to tonight's episode was one of the best ever. That whole bit with Trinity walking through the police station getting closer and closer to discovering the truth was so amazingly well done.

Only part that annoyed me was the absolutely awful acting of that old man Dexter killed. I was glad Dexter sliced him just to shut him the fuck up, well, that and Batista and LaGuerta coming back into the main plot. That shit needs to end pronto, I'm hoping marriage fucks up everything.

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm watching a Q&A with one of the executive producers. Lots of neat stuff. Clickity.

I did not know Dexter tossed his clothes after every kill.

7. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hello, Dexter Morgan. I knew the real meeting of Dexter and Trinity would happen as soon as I saw the title but I was still bugging out the entire episode, the writers waiting until the last lines of the episode was cruel genius. A month ago I had never seen an episode of Dexter, during this past month I have watched all of Season 3 and have caught up on the current season. My friends and I in the dorm would watch it late at night, and most nights an episode would end with such a cliffhanger that unless we watched the next episode to see what happened we would not be able to sleep that night. For a couple weeks I was a zombie during the day because I would forfeit sleep to watch that addicting show. I'm excited to start watching the first two seasons as soon as I see the finale.

8. FuckerTax

FuckerTax
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Cllr, be sure to check out Season 2. Although every season of Dexter has been awesome, and I can't fully speak on this season yet, I believe Season 2 was/is the best.

9. Marjorine

Marjorine
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I do like the way they are wrapping all the plotlines up - even the ones I never really cared about. I actually thought it was sweet when Angel & LaGuerta got hitched, especially with clueless Dexter having to be the witness. Geoff Pierson is such an outstanding actor - "Your arrogance!" - I wish he was on the show more.

And when Dexter punched Elliot? If that's all that character was there for, I'm fine with that. It was such a different kind of violent Dexter... is he reacting to his emotions? Or was it just for show? I'd like to think the former. It shows how the character is evolving, becoming more and more human. It's thrilling to watch. I actually thought he might even hug Deb when she was dealing with her "closure". That might be too much to hope for, though.

Oh, and Christine and Deb's final scene was amazing, what with all the drama and tension and daddy issues. Not entirely unexpected outcome, but still very satisfying. Deb has definitely grown on me this season, as a character and an actor.

Arthur has BALLS OF STEEL to just walk into the police station like that! Dexter looked like he might shit himself, have we ever seen him look so frightened? God, it's going to be one hell of a season finale.

10. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yes, it definitely took some huge balls to come into the police station but even with that, they set it up perfectly. Arthur thinks that Dexter only knows about the child abductions, so it's not as freaky as someone knowing you are the biggest serial killer in the world, His daughter also called him and told him that she didn't tell them anything, so he was safe.

Dexter is kind of stuck at the moment because he can't just "out" Arthur in the middle of the station or parts of his secret will be revealed. In the end of that interview, the producer said this season finale is the greatest episode of Dexter ever. There's a lot of great episodes that this finale will have to vault. I'm pumped.

11. BeerMonster

BeerMonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The thing that struck me the most so far this season was something Dexter said to Harrison at the end of one of the episodes (10? I think?) - "No one's ever going to hurt you again. Especially me." I might be putting too much stock into that statement, but given his issues with maintaining all the different aspects of his life, I think either something's going to happen to his family, or he's going to leave them. Just a hunch.

Also, I wonder if they'll carry an antagonist over from one season to the next for once? I'd be a little pissed having to wait 8 months for this shit to start up again, but what if Dexter doesn't kill Trinity in the final episode, and they do a gigantic cliffhanger? I kind of like the idea of that.

One last thing - the whining about how bad of an actress Jennifer Carpenter is seems ridiculous to me. If anything, she plays the part so fucking well that people are attaching the Deb characteristics to the actress herself. I think she's awesome.

12. red420

red420
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Hey everyone, new to the board, just wanted to say hi to you all.
    Also, cant help but give .02 on Dexter.
    I love the show, and think that season 4 is by far the best season in my opinion. The show got better with every episode starting in the first season, which is amazing in my eyes. I cant wait to see what will happen in the last episode of this season. I personally think that there is going to be a major cliffhanger, whether or not they carry Trinity over to the net season or not im not sure. But the writers definitely do like to drop a bomb in the last minute of episodes. Either way, something major is going to happen!

Thanks,

Red

13. grits

grits
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That scene was the biggest disappointment for me. It was way too pop psych shallow. And if they don't offer a better/deeper/cleaner explanation of Arthur's relationship to/with Christine's mother it'll seem like she was added to the dynamic to be nothing more than a convenient cardboard standee necessary to 1. "confuse" the Lundy shooting and 2. push Deb and whatshisname into bed with each other in season 5. The writers are better than that.

14. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

They do like to give cliffhanger endings for regular epsisodes, but they have yet to do it with a season finale. They're pretty merciful when to comes to wrapping everything up before a season ends.

Oh, and John Lithgow was in Cliffhanger. Just sayin'.

15. Trifecta

Trifecta
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If anything carries over into next season, it's going to be Deb and Quinn's newfound bond, and their mutual suspicions of Dexter. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both looking into Dexter's strange behavior next season.

Deb's character been really well written and well acted. If you watched her back in season 1, you'd think it was a different show. The changes have been so subtle that you never even see the magnitude of her entire character shift. She may have been annoying at times, but sometimes characters are supposed to be annoying.

The foreshadowing really suggests that one of Dexter's family is in trouble for the finale. Dexter has been surprised to learn how human he is this season, and I wouldn't be surprised that he learns how much his human emotions impact him if a loved one is killed. I just hope they don't re-hash the finale of season 1 and 2 where the killer abducts someone Dexter loves, and he has to "race the clock" to rescue them just in the nick of time! Then again, a good show is a good show even if they do follow the same formula.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Deb kill Trinity. She's shown the whole season that she's no longer a whiney brat, and she's a capable detective. Contrast her investigation into Trinity with the Ice Truck Killer. In a sense, she's "earned" it. She'd have to do it in some self defense "heat of the moment" way, because otherwise Arthur would reveal some of Dexter's secrets. However, if Deb kills Trinity it hammers down that Dexter should've never been so flexible with Harry's code. In addition, it probably would create odd circumstances surrounding Dexter, leading Deb to start wondering about her brother for Season 5.

16. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have never said this........never; since I started posting on this show years ago on the Rudius site, Deb was actually.........good. Christ that was painful to type. Maybe being married to hall has helped her acting.

That being said the episode was a little subpar, midway you started to figure out they were setting it up for next week. Still Lithgow freaking rules.

The whole Dexter/ Quinn dynamic is starting to get pretty interesting, he could be next years problem. A problem I'm sure will be sleeping with Deb.

Hall and Lithgow just own the screen, I can't take my eye's off the TV when either of them is on it. Great show............................

17. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lithgow scares me. I really hope he gets cast as the bad guy/murderer more often because he is fucking good at it.

Part of me still thinks Trinity is going to off himself somehow. I'd actually be a little disappointed is Dexter killed him with the usual neck injection, strapped to the table, chopped and dumped procedure. He was ready to do himself in once before and I can see him wanting to take the satisfaction away from Dexter and the police.

Or he slips away and Dexter can't find him and he becomes sort of like the Russian that escaped in the Soprano's that everyone was always waiting to pop back up.

18. Mrquickfoot

Mrquickfoot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Ever since I saw lithgow in ricochet I knew he was an amazing bad guy.

19. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm guessing Deb bites the dust but not before finding out who Dexter really is and that he was related to the ITK.

Apparently Showtime went all out in preventing leaks:

Sunday can't come soon enough.

20. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Christ alive I was glad to find out this place exists. After Rudius shut down I was resorting to following Facebook and official Showtime boards, and fuck people are stupid. I'm going to go ahead and echo that this is overall the best season start to finish. The only reason I say that is because Season 2 benefited greatly from the strong finish S1 had. Perhaps I experienced it more intensely due to watching them back to back via Netflix, but Dexter's emotions were so new and exposed that S2 just fed off the development of the character.

That said, I've had friends saying they're having "Lithgow nightmares", and I can believe it. This guy can do smug, scared, passionate rage, everything, and I buy every second that he's flipping the switch on Arthur/Trinity. I'm threatening anyone who purposely disrupts my watching of the finale with reenacting the finale of Season 1.