Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by travis, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I 23rd that the Batista-LaGuerta subplot is a fucking waste of time.

The most interesting thing about Christine being Trinity's daughter is that when she answers the door she isn't the least bit afraid, and it seems like she's kind of expecting him (obviously not at that moment but just in general).

She's the little protege and probably responsible for a couple of other killings. It's too convenient that shes a murder reporter and she's already foreshadowed that she "needs a big story" or she'll get canned. All too easy for her to just create one.

2. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Or Papa Trinity pushed her into a position where she would be useful to him. As a homicide reporter, she can get info others may not be able to. No one suspects a reporter who's always around crime scenes, but if he were to show up, people might wonder. Papa Trinity just doesn't seem like the kind of dude who would let his oldest daughter choose her profession. He's all about control.

Edit - and the "needs a big story or she'll get canned" line just makes sense in the current newspaper climate.

3. rezy

rezy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I don't even think Trinity's kids know that Christine is their sister, really looking forward to whats going on next week.

4. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Since the reporter is Trinity's daughter, I'm wondering if he knows Dexter has been lying to him the whole time.

5. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If he doesn't know, he's going to find out very soon. Can't fucking wait for those fireworks.

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great point.

Trinity is soooooo fucked up in the head though we really have no idea what his reaction will be. I saw fear in his eyes both times when he was close to death (off the roof, Dexter posed over him with the knife) whereas Dexter has shown animal ferocity when he's been close to death (strapped to the Skinner's table for example).

Trinity could therefore think Dexter is the son he never had. After all they were both born in blood.

7. 123321

Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Maybe Trinity didn't wan't Christine in his home because of his obsession with recreating his childhood family. When his sister died it left him and his younger sister right? Having a daughter older than his son would throw that out of balance.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or maybe it's that she's an adult while the other two are both still in high school. Just saying...

Still, considering the insane plot twists on the show it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the reporter is poorly connected with the rest of the family. At this point she has to be the prime suspect as Deb's shooter. Maybe she's some sort of protege, a bit like Dexter had last season. Except 100x more fucked up.

9. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I just watched the newest episode and all I have to say is HOLY SHIT!

Trinity has gone to a whole new level with the revelations from this episode, always trying to preserve his 10 year old innocence. Wow. This was the best episode of the season.

That showdown between Dexter and Trinity was amazing, these next two episodes can't come soon enough. There is so much shit that still needs to happen.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should just stop making predictions for this show. Every time I think I'm starting to figure things out the writers throw me a curve ball. Metaphorically burying yourself in cement to preserve the innocent child you once were? I had shivers watching the whole scene with Arthur(s) playing with the train. I wonder how Quinn is going to cope with finding out his girlfriend is a murderer raised by a psychopath. I'm also curious if she could get out of prison based on an insanity plea. This would be one of the few times it would actually be appropriate. There's no pocket deep enough for that girl's therapy bill.

Next episode's previews make it look like Trinity is ready to make a house call. I don't know if I can wait a week.

11. Marjorine

Marjorine
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

There were so many awesome moments in this episode! Dexter pulling the kid out of the cement - I was holding my breath while he checked the pulse. Christine confessing her crimes to her dad. Deb interviewing Christine while Angel watched. Masuka repeatedly trying to tell Dexter about Rita's indiscretion. The tension was unbelievable as Dexter tried to find Trinity's hiding place.

This is the thing with this show, so much awful shit happens, that you really don't know if it's all going to work out, so it keeps the suspense high. I wish Dexter could somehow discuss his extensive Trinity knowledge with Deb. Can you imagine that conversation?

Also, can we still call him Trinity since he actually kills in fours? I guess the Quartet Killer doesn't have the same effect.

12. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are finally going to get the "showdown" we have been waiting for. I was worried for a while because Trinity was acting like such a fruitcake I thought Dexter would roll right through him, now Dexter once again has a formadible foe.

The episode was good, one quick reason why is the stupid LaGuerta/Batista storyline only got 30 seconds of play. Batista is a good cop and the best they can come up with is to have him fall in love with the LT? I was suprised Quinn was as upset as he was, he only knew the girl two months and if she shot his partner I think he would be glad to be rid of her.

Deb is so incredibly unattractive that I think I would rather bang Mazuka. Her jaw rivals Brett Favre's, it is so sad that Michael C. Hall is really married to her. I'm still leaning with Rita as best looking chick, despite her looking a little weathered, and Trinity's daughter giving us the "brief nudity" we all love in the show.

Lithgow is so amazing throw an emmy his way.

13. PenetrationStation

PenetrationStation
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Was I the only one who expected Arthur to molest his ten year old self?

For some reason his outburst a few episodes ago when he was showing Dexter his childhood house about his father being a "perverted fuck" or something, his repeated commands for "Arthur" to put on the pajamas, the repetition of the kid's innocence, the cyclical nature of child abuse, plus, oh I don't know, abducting a 10 year old and keeping him in a bomb shelter, had me worried for the little guy's rump.

Seconded that Lithgow is a baller. By far the most intimidating killer Dexter has faced yet, imo.

14. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would have to say yes. Trinity has not had any real sexual involvement in his crimes, I suppose being nude in the tub while killing the female victims has a certain sexual element but nothing else.

Also a pedophile usually is a very specific criminal, I doubt they would kill two women and a man after the "molesting."

You never know what twist the show will take but I would have been suprised to see Trinity molest himself? What innocence would that preserve?

15. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I hate it when she is on screen, unless Dexter or Mazuka is there. She is annoying.

I don't know if I'd say "incredibly unattractive" but she is rough, specifically her body looks like it could belong to a 12 year old boy, except the fact that she looks 6' tall.

I am excited for the final meeting among the killers.

16. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am really impressed with Lithgow. The fact that he can make a 65 year old balding white guy appear so damn terrifying is astounding.

17. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Has anyone else been waiting and waiting for Dexter to kill Trinity? When Dexter first met him I thought it would of been done by the end of the episode. But every Sunday I keep thinking this one's the one and Dexter never ends up getting him. Now it's looking like Dexter will kill him in the Finale. But if he doesn't, I'm going to go fucking crazy.

18. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a feeling something really bad is going to happen. Dexter has been so sloppy all season long that it has to come back and bite him in the ass, it would be way to convenient for it all to just be wrapped up neatly in the last 2 episodes.

19. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

But then how will the producers/actors/writers etc continue to make money off of next season?

20. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well, Dexter foiled Trinity's plan to preserve his 10 year old innocence and we all know that Trinity discovers Dexter's identity in the next two episodes.

How old is Cody?