Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by travis, Oct 19, 2009.

1. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Wow. I was not expecting Deb and Lundy to get gunned down to end that episode. And maybe I'm a bad person, but as annoying as Deb is, when she got shot, my first thought was, "It's about damn time."

Anyway, odds are it was Trinity that shot them, seeing as how he saw Lundy in front of that building, and started saying that he was caught.

I guess it could have been Anton, who had been jealous of Deb talking to Lundy so much, but shooting both of them seems way too extreme for such a mellow guy like him.

Either way, it looks like Lundy is gone, and I would bet that Deb recovers, then once Dexter figures out it was Trinity that shot them, he starts trying to hunt Trinity down. Trinity is already my favorite opponent to Dexter, so I'm really looking forward to the two of them going head to head.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it would be interesting if Trinity was the first one that was caught, in the formal sense. Arrested, indicted, convicted, etc. In the previous seasons Dexter couldn't allow that for various reasons (S1: Brother knew about him, S2: Hunting himself and Lila knew about him, S3: Prado knew about him, skinner in league with Prado, etc). Trinity is the first "villain" the show has had that could legitimately be caught and put away without jeopardizing Dexter.

3. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Did not expect that either but I'm thinking it was the vacation killer and not trinity or anton. Looks like whoever did it robbed Lundy of his watch and wallet, doubt Trinity would do that, unless he stole the voice recorder...can't remember what exactly he took off Lundy.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Trinity killed them, he'd want to make it look like a robbery. Also with the vacation killer in town, it's an extra incentive to make it look like his handiwork. Trinity is nothing if not careful.

5. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If Lundy doesn't survive, I am going to be pissed. Deb will certainly survive since she's married to Dexter in real life. There is way too much untapped potential for interactions between Dexter and Lundy to let him die. Though, I have a bad feeling that Lundy will die and Deb will be left with the guilt since Anton doesn't know she was there having an affair. More Deb drama as she debates whether or not to tell Anton the truth, to stay with him or leave, and anything else they can come up with for her.

As to who shot them? My guess is that it was the vacation murderers. That sub-plot is really only there to cause drama for everyone else (Laguerta/Angel getting shot at, setting up Quinn with the reporter, keeping the rest of the department busy and not focused on Trinity). Why let them get away from Laguerta and Angel if they weren't going to be used more.

6. PaleBlueDot

PaleBlueDot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

#6 PaleBlueDot, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  7. imonfire

imonfire
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

It'll come off as a pretty shitty robbery since buddy didn't even take Deb's purse.

8. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm almost positive it wasn't Anton, but I feel like there would be several incredible story arks to go through there.

First off, have it a race between Dexter and the cops to find the killer. Have Dexter "figure out" that it was Anton, only to have him proven wrong by the cops. He then goes back on the hunt, and discovers it was Trinity, leaving them to have a showdown at the end of this season, or maybe even in season 5. Dexter is nothing if not careful, but I figure those rules would be left in disarray if it was his sister's near-killer we were shown. Then again, that's what happened in season 1, so you never know.

For some reason, I really don't want it to be Trinity, and I really don't want Lundy to be dead. There is so much potential in those story arks, and to see them hurried to a finish in a manner like this seems like a complete waste of potential. Yes, no matter what they do with it it will be good, but this really does have potential to be a multi-season ark if the writers pulled it off the right way.

9. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Count me in as someone who thinks it's the Vacation Murderers. By showing the Trinity killer running into Lundy, it's trying to make you think it was him but that's not him MO. Next weeks episode definitely looks like it's going to be awesome. I just wish it wasn't during football so I wouldn't have to wait until Monday to watch it.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My initial thought was Trinity. Here's why. When he bumped into Lundy, he dropped his keys. Now for someone that careful and odd, I thought there was another reason. So I hypothesized that maybe Trinity pickpocketed something from Lundy when they collided, and thus was able to know Lundy's whereabouts for a stake out leading to the shooting.

But then again, I could be completely wrong. Who knows.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's the Trinity killer as well. The robbing was just to make it look like the vacation killer and throw people off. I'm pissed that Lundy is almost certainly dead. He was one of my favorite characters and he's going to be well missed. I think he might have been the only character left on the show who wasn't prone to throwing a fucking hissy fit when something didn't go his way.

The last episode was awesome in general. One of my favorite moments was when Dexter was about to kill the cop and they had an exchange something like this:

"So you're going to rape and kill me?"

"What is it with you and rape? Nobody is raping anyone."

12. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Goddamn that cop was hot. Is it fucked up if I was hoping to see her tits when Dexter murdered her?

This has been my favorite episode of the season so far. I'm thinking it was Deb's boyfriend who gunned her and Lundy down. Yes, I know the Trinity spotted Lundy at the end, but that just seems too predictable for Dexter. Shit, maybe we won't ever find out who did it. If Lundy dies, so does the only witness.

Also, I know it hasn't been an issue yet but can we use spoiler tags to discuss parallels between the show and book(s)? That's ruined a few shows for me in the past on the old board.

13. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sorry about posting Dexter season 4 on the pop culture board, I didn't see the TV subforum.

Anyways, this was by far the best episode of the season so far. So much went on!

-I loved the mini-subplot with Batista and LaGuerta talking to Dexter and asking for relationship advice, hilarious.

-The chick was one of the most interesting murderers Dexter has tracked down in all four seasons (next to the psychologist season 1), and it revealed a lot about Dexter, himself.

-I totally predicted Lundy getting shot. I hope he's not dead but he certainly looked gone at the end of the episode. I like that there are so many possibilities on who the shooter might be. For some reason I can't see Trinity using a handgun.

-Trinity outside the bar talking shit, getting beaten up, and telling the guy "it's your own fault" was brilliant and horrifying at the same time.

-Fuck the reporter bitch for getting Lundy killed

14. Paged

Paged
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I don't think Trinity killed Lundy, it's already been mentioned it's not his M.O. Although, we can only assume about his M.O. so far, we don't know what he'd do to protect his self from harm. I personally think it was the Vacation Murderer, and I think that in that case the Vacation murderer will end up being a character we already know, rather than some random.

Also, I'm pretty sure Lundy is dead, if you look at the end of the episode there is a considerable stream of blood running along the yellow stripe next to Lundy, and to have that amount flowing out after such a short period of time, not to mention how empty the place they got shot looked almost certainly means Lundy will bleed out well before emergency services get there. Also looks like he got shot in the heart, or around there/potentially a major artery/vein. He looked dead certainly at the end, which is disappointing because his discussions with Dexter were always the most interesting in the show.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You might be right, it could easily be the vacation killer. The reporter's article would have given him/her motive to go after Lundy. About Trinity's MO though, of course it isn't going to fit his usual pattern. He kills in threes (all women) and going after Lundy is outside his usual pattern. Were you expecting him to show up naked while Lundy was getting ready for a bath?

As for the vacation killer I was thinking today that it might be the reporter. Maybe she's pumping (literally) our annoying cop friend for information about how far they are in the case instead of looking for a story. Eh, probably wrong but just a thought.

16. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Seriously, what the fuck was up with that? That has to be the creepiest part of the show so far. I just kept waiting for him to bash the guy with the pipe or something. Lithgow really plays that batshit insane look perfectly.

17. Paged

Paged
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Trinity's M.O. is 2 girls and one guy. The girl is usually young, the second victim is a mother, followed by the guy. Judging by his drinking of the scotch to the three pictures, I would guess he kills because his family was killed in the three ways previously mentioned, and he is just out for revenge, although I am sure there is more to it than that.

18. Trifecta

Trifecta
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Well, we really don't know Trinity's pattern aside from what we've seen on the show. The past few episodes have made it clear that they don't know all that much. Weren't Deb and Lundy recently just searching for any beating deaths to fit that pattern in other cities? It doesn't seem all that crazy to think they may have missed part of the pattern. Or, Trinity could be nothing like Dexter and have no code against killing to save his own ass.

After the shooting, something clearly gets taken out of Lundy's pocket. It may have been Lundy's tape recorder, which would pretty clearly point to Trinity. Then again, it could have been a wallet or something else, a clear point to the Vacation Murderers.

The killer also wiped something with Lundy's hands. Looks like they were putting his finger prints on something, but framing Lundy just seems too farfetched.

Deb is bound to go insane over this. No doubt she'll blame herself for Lundy getting shot. Plus, if Anton turns out to be the shooter, it looks like she has a subconscious killer fetish. Coincidentally, she also "loves" Dexter.

I really hope they don't go towards a Dexter vs. Quinn confrontation. Dexter took out Doakes, you can't seriously think Quinn would have a better shot.

Seemed strange that right after last week's neighborhood watch emphasis, that Dexter would lure one of his victims into his own house. The lady cop was probably careful not to be seen, but it seemed strange that they put those two situations back to back.

Don't know for sure if this is a spoiler, because it was on sho.com... but...

The trailer for next week showed a corpse with shoes just like the ones Lundy was wearing. I hope he's not dead because he was an awesome character, but the preview is not leaving much doubt about it.

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would be shocked if Anton was the shooter, it would really cheapen the show. I also would hate to lose Lundy another great character on the show.

Last season I loved the war between Dexter and Miguel, Dexter had finally met someone who matched his wit and intelligence. (Let's forget all about "The Ice Truck Killer."

I think Trinity could be another formadible foe for Dexter, and John Lithgow is an amazing actor. He is so incredibly creepy.

20. adamL

adamL
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot