Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Deincarnation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleeves, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Every road trip I ever go on always turns into me zoning out and thinking about random stuff. Like, What was it like when there were animals the size of buildings and birds the size of airplanes? Or What was the world like before roads were created? Obviously it was like one huge forest, but when you try and picture what the ground your driving on looked like before the cars and gravel its actually rather hard. So this brings up the focus.

Focus: If you could go back to one period in time what would it be?

Mine comes down to two periods. Either the swing era in the United States ( I know it was around the time of the depression.) or the 80's and early 90's in NYC where hiphop was being revolutionized. The common thing about both of these periods was that the people both knew how to just let loose and have fun. The country was falling apart right underneath their feet yet they still kept partying and kept the groove goin. It just seemed like an awsome time to live in besides the fact that of course, everyone was poor and starving.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WWII era hands down. From 1936-1945.

That way I could watch the start of the massive moves of the Nazis through out Europe, and watch the appeasement. The tension here on the home front between the isolationists and those who wanted to help the allied war effort, the phony war, and then total war after Pearl Harbor.

I want to see just how people lived, on the home front. What changed in their lives and the psyche of the average American, in ways that weren't reported in the press.

If need be, and I got caught up in the draft I suppose I would fight.

Oh, I'd also hang out with my grandpa.

On a side note, it would be awesome to get an ass load of machine guns and give them to the Continental army in the Revolution. Shortest revolution ever.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would go back in time to the 1980s. For all the obvious reasons

-The mullet was an acceptable hair style
    -Blow was one of the coolest ways to amuse yourself
    -No one would assume I was gay for rocking out to Bon Jovi
    -Ronald Reagan 'nuf said

4. skyello

skyello
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I don't care what time period - what matters is what I'm allowed to bring.

For example if I showed up anywhere in the sixteenth century with a boom box, blasting Sympathy for the Devil or Gilbert Gottfried rants, I would immediately be deemed a sorcerer and awarded all the wenches in the village.

5. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or, you'd be burned at the stake. One of the two.

FOCUS: I'd hit up the dark ages, just to see what it was really like. Movies and literature paint a picture I don't entirely believe, and since I spent a good part of my youth mired in fantasy worlds, I'd love nothing more than to experience how fucking hard it probably was to live back then.

Might offer some perspective, at least.

6. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    The 60's, maaaannnnn.

Seriously though, I'd like to go back to the late 1800's and see how my ancestors turned the area I live in from a bunch of endless prairie and swamps into the farms and civilization that it is today. Those fuckers worked their asses off and lived in sod houses. I can't imagine spending our shitty winters in a pile of sod with no trees to stop the wind. I would've went back to fucking Ireland.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Well the 50's of course. Know how to serve.
    [​IMG]
    • Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Clear away clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives.

Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc and then run a dustcloth over the tables.

Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will give you immense personal satisfaction.

Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if neccesary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimise all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum.
      Try to encourage the children to be quiet.

Be happy to see him.

Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first-remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late, or goes out to dinner, or other place of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.

Your goal: try to make your home a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

Don't greet him with complaints and problems.

Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Consider this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.

Arrange his pillows and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always excerise his will with fairness and truthfulness. you have no right to question him.

A good wife always knows her place.

They forgot "Know how to give good head" but whatever.

8. Saint

Saint
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think it was implied.

9. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would want to ride with Gus and Call. Two bad ass momos chasing buffalo, sneaking into Mexico to chase and steal whoreses, and whacking surly people.

#9 Nitwit, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. Zazz

Zazz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

Focus: I wouldn't mind the 50's, cruising around with Kerouac and Cassidy, spending a little time as a junky with Old Bill Burroughs, thumbing it around and down to Mexico.

11. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My thoughts coincide with yours. I would love to go back in time during a war and fight with modern weaponry. Granted I am no soldier so I would likely end up dying in the most retarded way possible but just imagine the awe inspiring display of a machine gun, rocket launcher, or some other weapon from the perspective of a guy carrying a stick. I would be given women to spare lives...at least until someone killed me in my sleep. It would be awesome.

As far as time periods the revolutionary war period, not necessarily because of the war, would be really cool. I would have loved traveling with Lewis and Clark. Just to see the country on foot or horse back before it was settled would have been amazing. Mid-evil Europe too. I guess I need a time machine to check them all out.

12. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Feudal Japan, but only if I get to be a samurai. Peasantry would suck.

13. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck. This is tough. I keep thinking more about who I'd wanna meet than the specific time period. Einstein, Hitler and Jesus are the big three for me (this is also assuming I can just come back to this time whenever I want). I imagine my conversation with each would start exactly the same way, but for different reasons:

Me: Duuuuuude...
    Jeinler: Yes/Ja/Aiwa?
    Me: The fuuuuuck?

Then I'd tell each of them of them what's going to happen as a result of their beautiful/insane/confusing ideas.

Either that or take a boomstick (oh, and a taser!) back to ancient Greece, hang out with Socrates and have some all female + me orgies. Good times indeed.

14. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yea, send me to San Francisco (Haight Ashbury) from 1965-1970. No question. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll sounds pretty fucking awesome to me.

Seriously, that is where I would want to go, and I don't even have to think twice about it. You don't have to be a tree hugging hippie now to think that time and that place would have been as much fun as any era in the history of the world. In my opinion, most certainly the most fun.

15. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rome when it was at the height of its power. Then I could go watch some gladiatorial games and check out the hot roman women.

16. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would be pretty sweet, actually.

Now that I've thought about it over lunch, and once again assuming I can just blink and be back to present day, I'd like to check out some of the dinosaur age, heavily armed, of course. How cool would it be to shoot down a pterodactyl? Or ride a triceratops (they were tame, right?).

Or, going even farther back in time, hows about hanging out, absolutely alone, during the time before any creature crawled out of the ocean? I mean, I can't think of anything that cool to do, but I imagine it would be quite serene.

That said, do we all agree that given the choice to go forward or backward, we'd all choose going into the future and seeing what it's like? According to Stephen Hawking, this is completely possible.

17. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    If you're lucky enough to be white, you can travel to any time you please:

#17 Danger Boy, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Viking. Rape, pillage, drink, murder, repeat. Specifically, hit people in the face with an axe made out of dragon body parts, then rape their kindly wenches.

19. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why has nobody mentioned the Mesozoic Era yet? That would be stop number one, and then I would immediately go about doing this:

[​IMG]
    albeit with slightly less Jesus.

But in all seriousness, I would want nothing more than to actually see these gigantic beasts actually walking around the Earth. Can you actually walking out of your front door one day and seeing one of these?
    [​IMG]
    That's just in terms of size. There's also y'know all the sweet raptors and shit.

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Renaissance would be an amazing experience. Although the invention of the internet is close enough.