Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dear Leader's Great Wisdom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh yes, pouring more money into a military occupation of yet another country with no infrastructure sounds like a wonderful idea.

I think the whole situation is absurd. NK is a petulant child demanding attention but with nothing to back up their threats. If they actually do anything to inspire military action, they don't have a prayer of a positive outcome, yet people are going to die for no good reason.

You realize that action is inevitably going to involve the deaths of soldiers and civilians, right? I can't imagine wishing that for any reason.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I might have phrased it poorly, but I was implying the US should have no interest in occupying NK and I don't think they would as people have mentioned prior.

And no need to be condescending, I think people here understand what war means and what it entails. Nobody is advocating just blowing shit up for fun. But the minute NK decides to start hurling missiles, crippled and inefficient as they may be, at US interests, you can't just sit idly by and be like "well, war is unpleasant."

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This is North Korea on any and every night:

[​IMG]

...at least they take Earth Hour seriously. How fucking oppressive can you get? Of course, there's always Turkmenistan....

That's a gold statue, kids:
    [​IMG]

4. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a screen cap from this morning's "Good Morning Sweden"

I can see the headlines in North Korea:

"Great Leader Kim Jong Un has used his new horograph technology to become the host on most popular show in all of Sweden. He uses his superior knowledge of world events to command the conversation and instill Juche ideology on the tall devvirs of Sweden"

Attached Files:

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Laugh all you want, I bet those people sleep like rocks.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The only thing the NK military truly has going for it is population and discipline. They probably are unaware of things like laser-guided bombs and bunker busters. Their missiles are oversized water heaters with bottle-rocket ignition.

Those ground-to-air batteries that you guys have will take ANY high speed object out of the sky. Not to mention the bottomless supply of aircraft that could take off at moment's notice and hunt them down.

This family must be cut down so we can show these poor people they have been trapped in a lie, And that there is so much that they have been stricken from. Many of them know it and want out, I have no doubt. Just parachute in a half dozen jacked-up CIA robokillers with those cool Austrian machine guns over the Palace Of The Sun at 4am and let nature take its course.

They need to be careful, and settle this with as little blood as possible.

7. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I keep hearing that lil Kim is doing all this to gain the confidence/support of the people -- why? Don't they think his dad or grandfather (or both) are divine? And that he's the Dear Leader and all that brainwashed bullshit?

The thing I REALLY don't get, is for as locked down as he keeps his people, I'm assuming he himself has access to the rest of the world/reality. He MUST know that, in his countries' particular case, the term "wiped off the map" actually applies in a literal sense (not that anyone is anxious to do it, but if he were to do anything nuclear...). Don't get why he doesn't just sit back, meet his favourite (washed up) celebrities, and mine the brainwashed population for weekly 20 girl orgies or something.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Here are those "missles" they're fearmongering everyone with right now. No fins, no guidance, just gigantic steel dildos with dynamite in them. They can't even make a Brute Strength Parade intimidating.

[​IMG]

...you see, if you did it like Russia you would do it right. Force your citizens down to the streets and jog out enough ordinance to turn Mongolia into a debris field for a hundred thousand years. BRUTE FUCKIN' STRENGTH:

[​IMG]

9. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While his nation is brainwashed, he still knew coming in that there would be those who would try to take his place. It is natural in politics in any country, so now he needs to manufacture this kind of crisis to establish himself within. His people all thought that the world was afraid of his father and his grandpa, so he now needs to prove they're afraid of him, too.

Think of it as going to prison. He wants to be the leader and he doesn't want anyone fucking with him, so what does he do? He finds the biggest dude on the block (the US) and he spits in that guy's face. When that guy doesn't beat him into nothingness, for whatever reason, he can puff out his chest and declare himself a god to his people like his dad and granddad did. He can say "See! They're afraid of me, just like they were afraid of my dad and my grandfather! Worship me!"

That said, an ideal answer would be China asserting itself physically in this scenario against the current regime. China knows it doesn't necessarily have as many allies as the US, and North Korea is one of few. I could see China deciding to march in themselves and take out the regime, and installing a very China-friendly regime, but also one that is more friendly to the west and less batshit in general, which opens up a lot more commerce between China, North Korea, and other nations. A slightly modernized, Heavily-China-influenced North Korea can only be good for the Chinese, while it wouldn't be completely politically damaging for the US, and for once the US wouldn't have to play World Police. I could be very wrong about this, but this is just what I'm seeing. Maybe there is an angle I'm not seeing, but it isn't like this is 1950 anymore. Politically, the world is vastly different.

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you create a crisis, you can later get credit for solving said crisis.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

China is probably taking babysteps with this one, too. I mean, North Korea IS an "ally" to them, but an absolutely worthless one. NK has pretty much nothing to offer anybody except real estate. China also doesn't want to piss off the US, not because they like them (they don't) but they DO like their money.

When I think about it, you guys need to right now DECLARE WAR ON CHINA. Whatever it takes to bankrupt Wal-Mart, a million deaths would still be passable collateral damage.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

CNN is reporting (for whatever that is worth) that the US believes a NK missile launch is imminent at this point.

Any bets on where that missile/rocket-propelled-dumb-bomb goes?

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dennis Rodman's house?

14. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Those things look like they were built in the early 60's, just like everything else in North Korea. Just look at the old-ass cameras they're filming with.

15. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Another thing to consider is payload capability.

These ICBMs (or imposter ICBMs) are meant to carry a nuclear payload. From the best information we can determine that he doesn't have a nuclear device capable of being delivered via ICBM. So the ballistic payload of this missile is the equivalent of a large car bomb (from my understanding reading up on it). Yes, a car bomb is scary but when you have seen enough of them you realize that the damage isn't widespread. These missiles could take out a building with a lucky shot but couldn't even level a city block.

As you stated already, guidance is a whole different issue as well. It's very likely that they couldn't hit Guam if they aimed at it.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Most of you don't remember, but when the Desert Shield turned to Desert Storm, we were made to absolutely FEAR the Scud missle, which is a Cold-War ballistic missle where if you aimed it just right, would miss its target by only hundreds of miles.

These giant Coke can missles are exactly like Scuds, but without tail fins.

They. Won't. Hit. ANYTHING.

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

China supports NK because they have massive uranium deposits and a huge harbor that China essentially built. There are other reasons, such as a buffer zone between US allies and itself, but those are some of the main ones.

The outside world has been leaking in a piece at a time, and the situation is generally exaggerated. They know a lot more about the outside world, but it's confusing, dangerous information to possess and it only really reminds them how fucked they are.

The defectors here in SK really have it rough, to the point that many of them go back. It makes sense in the context of struggling to integrate here, and everyone treating you differently, while your family is in jeopardy or in an Auschwitz-like work camp. Plenty of them recently steal some vehicles and return to NK with the possibility of spinning enough "intelligence" lies to secure them a safe position for life and rescue their family. SK's military recently caught a ton of heat for allowing a stolen fishing vessel to return to NK across the demarcation line in the ocean.

I'm starting to think that there is no foregone conclusion here. NK's troops are over a million and in a traditional ground war, they'd lose. So, why would they fight traditionally? KJU is desperate, young and insecure, but that doesn't mean stupid.

One thing about Korean culture: it's extremely conservative, despite any and all indications otherwise. Korean society places a huge emphasis on age, which KJU seriously doesn't have. It's weird that he's 30 and married, because in SK that's still a little young to marry. So, placing emphasis on someone that young as Supreme Leader is hard for them to grasp.

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the hell were you guys scared of? Who in the world is going to attack Canada before the U.S. finally decides that we need snow and hockey as much as we need oil? I'm serious, I was 6 when Desert Storm happened so I have no clue.

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wanted to bring attention to this quote. I know a lot of people are worried about Nukes, but I'd be more worried about this crazy mother fucker coming up with some fucked up chemical or biological weapons and using those. This dude is batshit crazy and, if he can't Nuke his enemies, he'll damn sure find a way to fuck them up, even if he knows he is fighting a losing battle.

I don't know if he has access to chemical or biological weapons, but if he does, shit could get really real if a war started (or restarted, since it technically never ended).

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Because news networks still used fear tactics back then. Here's how it was:

CNN had just become The Game because Robert Weiner and his crew (including Bernard Shaw)broadcast the war inside enemy lines when the artillery started firing into the sky and they were still trapped in their hotel. That was unheard of to show live battle in that way and it made the network.

Back then were a very serious, sober, in-the-field network with no fucking Star Wars holographs stinking up the place. Then, you had those shows: A Current Affair, Hard Copy, Inside Edition and all of the other lie factories that used the fruits of sensationalism to scare the living shit out of everybody and their dog. They start talking about things like "maximum range" and how they could hit Alaska or Canada if fired over the pole (a complete lie) and even hinting at World War breaking out. Showing divisons of Iraqi tanks (later discovered to be powered by oxen) and "the much fearsome" Republic Guard training camps making us all fear for the soldiers they were now sending in droves. It was a ridiculous state of panic at the time because the last major war was Vietnam and we all know how well that went.

Two decades ago people didn't watch news and say "Yeah, right." they said "Oh, shit!!!!"

Fun fact about oil: only Venezuela and Saudi Arabia have more oil than Canada. We have almost nine times as much as you guys. Come and take it, bitch.