Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dear Body, You're Not Supposed To Do That!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thabucmaster, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don't move. You're head is about to fall off.

Hold your head with both hands, and gently but firmly push it down onto your neck, and hold it there without moving it.

Go to the emergency room.

Tell them I sent you.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's been doing this for a couple years now though. The high pitch clicking/popping/whatever is only audible to me because of the location. What is supposedly wrong with me?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.healthitalk.com/what-is-a-clicking-neck-cracking-sound-when-moving-head/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.healthitalk.com/what-is-a-cl ... ving-head/</a>

4. Eidon

Eidon
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I know this is an old thread, but it was a therapeutic read as I thought I was alone on a lot of this stuff and I want to clarify this one so that people who run into it in the future may freak out less:

This is known as sleep paralysis, and can actually happen to healthy people (that said, I was stressed as fuck when it happened to me, and had muscle twitching / sudden fear of imminent death / other symptoms of stress that suggest it may be related). The paralysis is usually short-lived, but it is fucking scary. Supposedly it's the result of a natural paralysis during REM sleep failing to fade before you wake up, and it's typical to be able to move your eyes but nothing else. It's usually a one-or-two time thing and as far as I know is rarely correlated with a serious issue.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't the very fact that you are crying, and not being productive, the very definition of you NOT handling your shit.

Sorry this was such a late response. I needed catch-up time.