Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Deadliest Warrior

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Maltob14, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Who else watches this show and is excited for season two tomorrow? Yes it's fake. Yes the "science" can be arbitrary and down right stupid, but its violent entertainment.

2. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I like this show for those times I'm just channel surfing and nothing better is on. I watched four of these in a row yesterday.
    You can get away with watching the last fifteen minutes, because they walk you through all of the tests and then you get the fight scene.
    Some of the fight scenes can really piss me off. A pirate versus a knight in full armor?
    It was fucked up because the pirate pulled out three or four loaded pistols, a fucking grenade he lit with a strand of his own burning hair. He also used a blunderbuss that's conveniently loaded. Bullshit. The pirate would've shit himself being chased by some fucker in a suit of armor.
    The show's a great time-waster.

3. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This show is great, as much for the unintentional comedy (the final showdows) as everything else. It's always funny seeing one guy go rambo and wipe out the entire enemy squad in the modern fights. Season two should be fun.

4. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show pisses me off more than current affairs programs. I have no idea where they dig the experts from but half the time they are way off the mark. The only tolerable part is the weapon testing in the beginning.

5. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My favorite was the Spetsnaz vs. IRA episode at the beginning of this season. They concluded that the Spetsnaz weapons were more effective than those used by the IRA, probably true, except that they decided this based on the results of a range test where the Russian weapons performed better....never mind that the Spetsnaz was represented on the show by actual former operators while the IRA was represented by historians. Umm, seriously??

That said, it's still a fun show and definitely a guilty pleasure. The historical episodes are a lot better IMO. Great way to kill 45 minutes (DVR and zip through the commercials).

6. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I mean, what better show to watch blasted-off-your-ass, in the man-cave, with your brothers (actual brothers here)? I can't think of many. Even better is the arguments that occur after the end of the show. It's like we're fucking literary critics: we keep our mouths shut for the whole show. Drinking, watching patiently, and then after they give the stats on who won, it's like a fucking BOMB went off, there's so much arguing...

7. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It was pretty stupid for them to do Green Berets vs. Spetsnaz during season 1 if they were going to do a modern showdown at the end. They were the only two modern groups that could stand up to eachother.

8. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't know if anyone is still watching this show but this episode looks pretty good so far. This time its CIA vs. KGB so far its interesting and were only on the first weapon. I really enjoyed green berets vs spetsnaz episode so I am holding this one up to high standards. Oh and its on spike right now by the way.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I just can't stand how the experts from each "side" never EVER praise their "opponents" and constantly trash talk every single aspect of the other team's weapons. A weapon that can nearly cut a body in half: "Oh, that would never happen against one of MY people blah blah blah..."

Sure, it wouldn't asshole. You know this because you were alive 200 years ago. Blow me.

Aside form that, the show's a decent pot boiler, and some of the arsenals are downright scary and cool.

10. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Trust me I couldn't agree more. For example just now this dummy was just blown in half I mean they carried just the torso out! It was bad ass and what do the CIA guys say? "Oh yea but that's not good for PR" Seriously? Who gives a shit the target is fucking dead. No question about it put your pride away and just say damn nice job and move on to the next weapon.

11. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See, I disagree. Part of the equation certainly involves tactics, and all this show does is focus on the weaponry. CIA gives a shit about PR because they didn't want potential targets walking around, looking over their shoulder. The psychological warfare would've hindered the way the CIA worked--completely removing the element of suprise. The KGB dudes encouraged that sort of fear, because it helped them achieve their goals.

So while it was...unsportsmanlike...to be a little dickish and refuse to give him props on the awesomely dead dude in the toilet stall, the CIA man was correct. That would've been judged a failure had the CIA killed like that. So, in that way, he rightfully considered that toilet stall dude to be an inferior kill to his own dude. I get his point.

On another note, did anyone else watch Roman Centurion vs. Rajput? Was it just me, or was that one Rajput "expert" wielding the weird whippy thing a midget?