Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Deadliest Catch

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by shegirl, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just watched the last 2 eps, and it was really, really well done.

The hour-long tribute to Phil was amazing, and it was quite interesting to catch up a bit on his history, and hear some of the stories from the other captains.

As others have said before, they did an amazing job dealing with his death, and presenting it in a respectful and entertaining manner.

That is what television should strive to be.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Seaons finale is tonight and it's been a rough one. I was poking around on their board, the thread for good wishes for the entire Harris family specifically, that thread is 425 pages long. Wow.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

And it's done. By far the most gut wrenching season we've seen yet. At least now I can go back to watching Rescue Me. I've missed it the last three weeks because of the specials and shit.

4. dense

dense
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I know it's not an active show at the moment, but according to http://tv.spreadit.org/jonathan-hil...dliest-catch-after-discovery-channel-lawsuit/, both the Time Bandit and Northwestern captains have declared that they will not participate in the show anymore. Apparently there was a lawsuit filed by the Discovery channel against them because they failed to show up for filming on a spinoff show. I hope they come back, if I get stuck watching the idiots on the Maverick for a season, then the series should close up shop.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

How can Discovery think that anything good can come from this?

They're fucking crab fishermen in Alaska. Go watch the show, and you'll expect some sort of "out there" behaviour.

It'd be interesting to know the details about it, but I can really see some bullshit little assistant director lipping them off and the brothers saying "fuck you buddy" and walking. And not caring.

Even if this is a ploy by Discovery to try and pressure them back to work, I see it blowing up on them in a big way, as can be seen by Sig already throwing in with the guys.

This does not bode well.

Until TLC steps in.

6. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First Spartacus and now this. Apparently the Hillstrands didn't do their interviews yet for a different show. You would think Discovery would give them a little time after all they had to talk and deal with after their friend Phil's death. They were on every week of that After the Catch show Discovery does with the captains.

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

How the fuck did he do that shit? Over under on whether he makes it off the boat alive? I love the show but there is no way in hell I'd actually get on one of the boats. Sit in the harbor and drink at the bar, hell yeah but, no thanks to the other. Would you? I do however, think it's super fucking cool he gets to hang out with them.

9. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bet (hope) Mike Fourtner pushes him over the side and walks away whistling. I doubly hope they get it on film.

I saw it on FARK earlier. I love the comments!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=5821474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=5821474</a>

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I know it's hard for many of you, which I will never understand why but whatever, anyway, keep the Tucker bashing to yourselves.

And this gave me a great thread idea.

EDIT:

In response to this rep:
    I can, did and will every time. Bashing on everyone else is different. We all know when it comes to him some of you tards hold some special hate in your hearts due to the shut down of the RMMB/movie/whatever. I have never understood it nor the sense of self entitlement some of you pukes have when it comes to this topic. HE DID YOU A FAVOR. He gave you free fucking entertainment for years and never asked for a dime. He and that forum are why we are here for fuck sake (and yes Chater too).

It's been over a fucking year yet some of you still choose to hang on to the hate for him. So tell me what good does it do? Does it make you feel better when you eflex about your hate of him? You are small little people that need to grow up and get the fuck over it already.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tonight's the Season 7 premiere. There are going to be two new boats being filmed this season, but it won't be the same with out Captain Phil.

I'm still excited to watch, though.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's going to be really weird without him bouncing his knee with a smoke in one hand and a coffee stained mug in the other. RIP Phil. You were, are and will always be missed, but in many ways you're still there.

I'm WAY excited for tonight. It's been so long and I'm tired of watching the reruns they've been showing for over a week now.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Interesting season opener.

That young Captain of the Ramblin Rose (Elliot Neese) looks like all sorts of fucked up... that boat will be full of drama, I'm sure. He's young, and has a chip on his shoulder because of it, and will be looking to demand respect rather than earn it. Not sure how many seasoned crabbers he's got on there, either... they had issues unchaining the pots, for fuck sakes. What happens when something serious breaks?

That tribute to Phil was a great intro to the show, but it's not looking like a good start on his boat, to say the least.

And the Coast Guard doesn't get paid enough for the shit they do up there. That was one SERIOUSLY fucked up crewman, and I can't imagine the pain he went through being hoisted into the chopper.

16. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Caught up on the DVR some last night. It looks to be an interesting season with the new captains and with some of the guys that typically kick ass blanking out hard on first strings.

I'm trying to remember, but did Andy not work as deck boss last season either or is this his first season staying in the wheelhouse with Johnathan? I know the other Hillestrand brother is still down on the deck, but I always admired that Andy worked the deck even with his stake in the boat.

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The brothers usually switch up being the captain depending on what type of crab they're fishing. If I remember I don't think Andy has gone out on deck as much during the last couple of seasons.

18. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't have a Twitter account but for shits and giggles I occasionally check out Tucker's. After his trip I guess he and Captain John are friends. Anywho, from those posts I looked at the Captain's Twitter page. Here is one of his most recent posts. The caption and the picture really made me laugh. I shouldn't have to explain who the other dude is.

"We trying to see who will be standing at the end of the night."

Attached Files:

19. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit was the captain who took over for Phil Harris a dick. I understand why the crew hated him.
    What he did with Jake though was absolutely bullshit. Jake passed two drug tests and was never seen by him smoking it even if he thought he smelled it. The captain even gave the shit he found to the cop and the cop searched Jake's room. The cop's conclusion, "there is no evidence of marijuana use on this boat."

I would have absolutely done the same thing if I was Jake at the dock. What that captain did was ridiculous.

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/deadliest-catch-7-scrambled-egg-payback.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/deadlie ... yback.html</a>

Just in case anyone is curious, you can see Tucker in the video above.