Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dating Rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PewPewPow, Feb 27, 2010.

1. tntnikki

tntnikki
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The article is fucking enraging- mostly because I can easily imagine that the advice given comes from the same women who cry things like "But men don't take me seriously/ treat me right!"

Focus; Worst "Act like a lady, or he will not respect you".

Best; "Cut the shit. Be yourself, or spend the entire relationship pretending to be someone you are not"

2. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gahhhhh.

Girl comes up to baseballguy, says, "Will you buy me a drink?"
    Baseball guy says, "hohohohohoho, I don't play that game. You buy the first round, I'll get the next one."
    She buys him a beer. Midway through drinking said beer baseballguy realizes this broad is fucking awful, and decides to bail.
    One beer bought by girl > No beer bought by guy

Now my original point was, if this happened, superficially at least (actions, not motives), this is the same as girl getting beer off doucher and bailing. I was asking BaseballGuyCA if in this situation, he would pony up and sit it out for another round, "since it's already been established that I'll be reciprocating" (quote BaseballGuyCA's post).

I'll try to be more clear about questions I have in the future.

3. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Best Be myself

When I was younger, late teens/early twenties, I would hide the semi-crazy parts of my personality when dating someone new for fear of scaring them off. I quickly learned that men do not like finding out you are nothing like the person you appear to be and most are cool with personality quirks so long as they aren't a huge surprise once things turn serious.

Worst pretend to have the same interests

I once faked being into a bunch of obscure now defunct emo bands to get in the pants of a hot tattoo apprentice. I should have realized just having a vagina was probably all that was needed thus saving me countless hours of listening to terrible music.

4. IAmWillIAm

IAmWillIAm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

On the first date I ever went on, I listened to my brother. Biggest mistake of my life.

I was leaving the house wearing a t-shirt and jeans, and seeing as how I didn't have a car, but my brother did, I asked to borrow his. He asks me where I'm going, I tell him I'm going to see a movie with a girl, and he refuses to lend me his car unless I dress nicer.

Apparently, when my brother goes on dates, he wears a striped buttoned-up shirt and some gay-ass brown shoes. Being a 17 year old virgin, I listen to him and wear the aforementioned shirt and shoes. When my date sees me, she looks me up and down, and starts laughing.

Fuck you, Lucas.

5. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Friend of mine (Human Female) in Louisiana is going to her high school prom with a lesbian chick as a sort of gag. After I found this out I started giving her advice on how to get laid.

Excuse the AIM conversation. Color coded for your convenience and eyestrain.

SGEDIT: Outside the lude and questionable content, that whole coloring thing is obnoxious. As Nett said, never again. You may wanna make a note, ya freak.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You know, I'm no lawyer or anything, but publicly talking about and giving advice (bad, jokingly, or otherwise) on how to get ass-play from a 15 year old girl feels very wrong, if not illegal. Maybe it's just my overly-Canadian sensibilities.

I know we enjoy pushing the limits and trying to illicit the funny from shocking content, but I'm really hoping that is a line that we won't ever cross again.

Also, puke up that colouring again and you'll be banned for a month.

Just sayin.

7. Guest

Expand Collapse

The Worst
    Any advice from your Mother (or other female relatives).

The best (in my opinion)
    I believe that the best is in building inner confidence, by developing a mindset where you can feel confident in yourself and abilities, without some level of confidence you will most likely fail. Also through actually going out and talking to women and not putting too much pressure on the outcome.