Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Date Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Franky, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Subito

Subito
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Putt putt and bowling are probably my favorites.
    Bowling works well for me because I'm absolutely awful at it and I guess girls think it's funny that I can't score triple digits without bumpers, but that makes good conversation. And putt putt because if you don't like putt putt fuck you. I'll take your ball and shoot twice on the 18th hole.

2. Franky

Franky
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Wow, great stuff. Thanks everyone.

I'd be going for midget golf if it wasn't -4 Celsius out there. I haven't done that since I was a kid and she would have been able to do that even with a sprained ankle, I guess.

I'm gonna go with Supertramp. We'll do something food related. Her uncle is a cheese vendor so I'm going to get her to bring a big, round, yellow cheese. Then we're going to paint a really intricate smiley emoticon on it, I've been wanting to do that for about a year. Then we're going to hand it out to the homeless. Or I'll save it for raclette during the holidays, but then I'd just be bumming expensive cheese off of her. I'll see how she thinks about that.

Afterward, we'll go grocery shopping and she can cook us dinner. I can't cook for shit and she was bragging about how good she was when we met. Maybe I'll learn something new.

For the record: There is nothing wrong with my conversation skills. We talked for about two hours before I had to leave and she got my number from a mutual friend.

And what's all this talk about getting laid? How does that work? Do I put my peestick in her dirty spot?

3. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fully expect a Wooderson-esque finger smelling soon.
    [​IMG]

4. NickAragua

NickAragua
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Well, first of all, you'll need to wear one of these:

[​IMG]

Alternately, the Insane Clown Posse has some useful advice, although I guess that's more for when you're further along in the relationship.

FOCUS:
    Looks like I missed the boat. But yeah, having her cook you dinner for a first date sounds like a good time.

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My first date with my current girlfriend was at Bugaboo Creek Restaurant. It was recommended by her friend, and it couldn't have been more gay if our waiter was wearing assless chaps while riding around on hot pink roller blades. Every five seconds, some talking bison head would start undulating off the wall and spouting some bullshit about bisons, or bison heads. If it wasn't the bison, it was the moose. Honestly, it was created as either the worst eating establishment ever made, or the best place to do mushrooms.

But my point is that it didn't fucking matter that Manny the moose was rocking back and forth over my entirely-mediocre meal. We talked, we had a great time making fun of the wholly-retarded atmosphere, and we left feeling really good about it.

So here's my advice. Don't fret about where to go or what to do. Just talk, learn about each other, have some laughs, and go on with it. You're putting too much thought into this. As long as you're not a complete fucking retard and the two of you can talk, it won't matter if you find yourselves in Ruth's Chris or nose to nose with Billy the bison while some highschool dipshits are singing some horrible birthday song to a seven year old behind you.

6. Fracas

Fracas
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If you both in the market for home furnishings and neither will freak out about the domesticity vibe, IKEA is a good one. Lots of stuff to play around with.

Putt-putt, pool, trivia night, easy board games at the bar... anything that's interactive in a low-key way and drives conversation beyond shitty job-interview topics. If she's into paintball, you've picked a winner. If you ride a motorcycle, you can be Rain Man and still drown in pussy.