Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Culture Club

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beefy Phil, Jan 17, 2011.

1. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Talking about things like this are what really make me miss nyc. I'm a big museum nerd and it's hard to top the city in that departmet. I have probably been to the met about 50 times and I still don't think I've seen it all. Museum of natural history is great too, though sometimes it feels a little too geared towards children. Guggenheim is up there with the best of em as well. Contemporary art kind of goes over my head and im really not a fan of postmodernism so I never really enjoyed the moma all that much.

Aside from museums though, it's damn near impossible to beat nyc when it comes to food or music. The variety and sheer quantity available is overwhelming. While I was going to school at NYU I made it a point to eat lunch somewhere new every single day. After 4 years I still had no problem finding something new. Also, I would check out a show just about every weekend. I discovered more music than I had time to listen to.

That's really the best thing about nyc; no matter what you're into culturally, you can find relentless quantities of it in the city.

Aside from nyc though, i've also checked out the rijks museum in Amsterdam, the louvre, several museums in London including the British museum, god knows how many churches and galleries during a two week four of Italy, and some museums in Prague whose names escape me. British museum is got pretty well verses on since I did a semester in London and our academic building was a block away from it. The louvre I spent a day twice during two seperate visits and I still don't think I've seen half of it.

There are so many amazing things in the world, I can't begin to understand people who don't make an effort to see and understand as many of them as possible.

Edit: apologies for typos, typed this all on my phone.