Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Crisis? Fuck that... it's mid-life AWESOMENESS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Feb 25, 2011.

1. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad kinda did the same thing, except when I was 23. He divorced my mom, moved to Jersey where he banged a woman (who is now his wife) who looks like a blonde droopy dog and once remarked that the onion rings I was eating in front of her probably look very similar to her colon. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Edit: He also bought a Porsche Cayman S about 2 years before all of this.

2. tempest

tempest
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When I was a freshman in high school my dad suddenly wanted to learn how to SCUBA dive, and naturally I learned with him. Later, when I was 16 he really wanted to get certified to sky dive, and once again I got to come with. I guess I should have seen the writing on the wall, but I just thought my dad was getting cooler. A year later he and my mom divorced, which was fine since they hated each other. He was living alone overseas and for vacation kept taking vacations to the Philippines. I now have a Philippina step-mom who's about the same age as my older sister and two half-brothers that are young enough to be my kids. To say shit got weird fast is an understatement. He accidently calls the oldest my name by accident all the time when I'm visiting. Not great for the ego. I really wish he could have just had a normal crisis, at least I would have gotten to drive the car.

3. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

For serious though, how many middle- aged single dudes do you see wandering around Bangkok, Manila, and Phnom Penh?

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm going to be due for one of these sooner or later, but mid-life crises are mostly for people who have had priviledged lives and don't want to let it go. I think that they're shallow. They're not a chemical reaction like menopause, they're the final cling to your youth because it's "all downhill from here".

I doubt I will do anything stupid or spontaneous if/when I have a midlife crisis, because I'll probably have better things to do than buy a Boxster and then have my family live in an effeciency apartment in the resulting financial nightmare that would follow. Going back to Amsterdam for another coffee shop tour would be just fine with me, though.

5. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Concur. Charlie Sheen is so fucking awesome. Crazy, but awesome.

"Yeah, I'm addicted...addicted to winning!"

6. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fortunately, my father has yet to have a midlife crisis but many of my friends' parents have. One is banging one of his nurses (he's a doctor), bought a tricked out Audi Q7 and a new F350, purchased some time trial dogs, bought some new snow machines, and started going heliskiing several times each year.

A few of the others have just bought their wives fake boobs or bought really nice boats and things like that. The one banging his nurse takes the cake for the worst I've seen.