Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Coronavirus: Miles away from ordinary.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jan 28, 2020.

1. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish this was the first time I'd heard about some bullshit like this... I work in a primary care office and we have been writing SO MANY letters for people either excusing them from work when they should already be on leave, or saying they need PPE to continue working, or they have asthma/lung disease and can't do public-facing work, blah blah blah. And every time I'm just asking myself who these employers are insisting that people risk their lives to come to work. Makes me so angry. And around here, the VA is one of the biggest culprits since the state is actually trying to do a lot more than the fed to keep people safe, which essentially makes the VA exempt. It's all nuts.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I love how it’s “not clear” if his four wives are among the number.

5. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You guys are manifesting some serious envy over that king fella. I think his plan is sound as a pound!

Also, seeing the tigernanny/con man girlfriend up above, I realize that she is right here in my area. I think, with money so cheap right now, that I had better pop open a new credit line for just such a needful hire. Nannyfund2020! Interest only payments for 90 days!

Kidding aside, I do think that we will see an enormous baby boom out of this.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you asking that about all business owners or because they're healthcare employees and therefore more likely to catch the virus?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Lots of babies. Lots of divorces. Uptick in domestic violence. That's my guess.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So many babies. There was a meme i saw that was like 10 year olds in 2030 be like, why are all my friends born in december?

9. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm talking about places that seem to be taking excessive, unnecessary risks. Like grocery stores refusing to let employees wear masks and gloves because they don't want to make people nervous, or coffee shops punishing employees with severe asthma for trying to take leave, or the VA refusing to let people work from home when able because they think that productivity will go down, or physical therapy clinics failing to provide masks to therapists who are working in extremely close proximity to patients all day.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

suicides too. Unemployment is going crazy, then they're stuck at home with spouse and kids to only make it worse. Those with depression and substance abuse are told to stay home by their doctors, which further exacerbates it. Plus you have a metric shit ton of first time gun owners in recent weeks, they now have a very easy way to make it happen.

Come to think of it, I bet we see a major crime wave, specifically spree killing, in a bit as well. Not necessarily with guns, but though if you have a hammer everything looks like a nail. Triggering event is there with job loss, or divorce once the courts open up, or death of a family member or friend, or stress inherent in an emotional and pregnant wife. Then they're at home with nothing to do but plot, again made worse by drug use, depression, etc.

There could be a load of shit coming from this that won't be easy for society at large to handle. The virus is the start of the problems, not the end.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last job I was at a good 3rd of the staff worked remote but their duties were easily quantifiable and could be measured against others productivity. My current job doesn’t and wasn’t really ready for wfh and nothing was thought out. One of my coworkers raised hell to have her job transferred home, it was so unsafe, and she had kids at home and so on. They allowed it. They didn’t have anything for her to do outside of taking incoming calls and no real ability to monitor her. Probably does 75% less work with no one watching over her and she posted all over Facebook about breaking out and going somewhere this weekend because she was bored of being at home. She didn’t really care she just wanted a full check for half assed responsibilities.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I'm guessing we're about 2-3 weeks away from riots and looting as the weather warms up and people start to go stir crazy from sitting inside.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

at least in Texas the rioters have the presence of mind to play mariachi music so you know they're coming

14. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good luck rioting and looting with National Guard activations, Shelter-in-place orders and curfews. Maryland has already issued some orders that amount to "at 8 p.m. your ass better be home, in bed, with the bible on your chest".

Take a good hard look at how that police presence is doing....

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I thought they played that music DURING the riots, so they have a soundtrack to shriek with glee while firing Colt Dragoons recklessly into the air.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yes it's like mardi gras only with tecate a modelo especial and rolling BBQ pits instead of floats

yeah but he want's them to please him. Isn't that what his pop star fling is for?

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can see inner city rioting. Theres too many guns in the burbs for anything to really formulate.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Latest update is that essentially the cases are 2 weeks behind and the mortalities are a month behind.
    So, the folks that are passing away today contracted the virus a month ago. The folks that are new cases today have likely been spreading it for the past 12-14 days (rough average).
    We're updating our model tomorrow, but the latency period is going to be the worst part of this whole shitshow....