Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Coronavirus: Miles away from ordinary.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Crazy how when you have it, it’s so unmistakable. There’s nothing else it could be. I woke up knowing I 100% had it, even though it’s bad allergies right now which could, in theory, explain most of my symptoms.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Good luck with your pregnancy.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

thank you. I have an appointment with a doctor here in a few minutes to see if I can abort it.

I am exactly 3 days away from my 3 year anniversary of getting it the first time.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

prescribed me something called langerivo. Apparently it's an anti-viral that works quite well. I'm hoping so, because right now I'm running a fever (didn't last time), major brain fog, labored breathing and I get out of breath easily. Still magnitudes easier thus far than when I had it the first time, but it also still really fucking sucks. I've heard this variant only lasts 3-4 days?

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lageviro, it's Molnupiravir. I'd much rather have Paxlovid. Get well soon.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

the doctor specifically talked about paxlovid and said he's had a bunch of patients with rebound cases, where it would knock out the covid in a few days but then it would return like a week later and be the same shit

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I understand what your doc is saying, but rebound isn't due to Paxlovid, it's just the nature of Covid. Hope the drug helps you recover quickly.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

100% sure I had it for reals for reals a few weeks ago now. I got knocked on my ass, body aches, didnt get off the couch for 3 straight days. Then after that I developed a sore throat and terrible sinus issues which ebbed and flowed for two weeks. Some days no sore throat then it came roaring back. Finally developed a cough with decent bronchial pain which is now cleared up. It's taken 3ish weeks to get back to 100%. Tested negative for it and the flu at the doctor's office. They wouldnt give me paxlovid because Im not in any high risk groups and said I had to just grit it out.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yeah there’s no questioning when you get it. It’s so unlike anything else that there’s only one thing it could be.

initially when the antiviral was called in, the pharmacist wouldn’t give it to me because I wasn’t in a high risk group either. But they also said that they were waiting on the dr’s authorization for something else, so I called the dr back. The doctor was highly upset at the pharmacist and said they’d take care of it immediately. Within 10 minutes I had a text from the pharmacy saying that my script was being filled

As much as Canada’s tax-funded healthcare system is nice, it is helpful sometimes to have a paid system when you REALLY need it

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, I just had a sniffly nose and the only reason I even took a test was because it was the right "just in case" thing to do with employees and customers. I still worked 10+ hour days and seasonal allergies knock me on my ass harder.

I did get the 4th shot a weekish before though, thank science.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you think the meds are helping you after taking them for a couple of days?

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

hard to tell what's the meds, what's this variant just not being particularly as strong, and what part is being vaccinated allowing my body to fight it off. But the end result is that I am, for all intents and purposes, back to "normal" today (cough and mildly fatigued). So four days, basically only two days of it being bad.

My gut says that they were helpful at least as far as the duration, as I know people who have had this variant and it's lasted several days longer.

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good to hear you're having an easier go of it this round.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. Admittedly the first day or so wasn’t that easy. Oxygen levels were low 90s, and that saying about there being no atheists in foxholes certainly rings true. That first night was a rough one… I do find it hilarious that of all the stupid shit I’ve done, if a damn bat virus or some crap kills me that would be almost poetic.

that being said, I’m a lot healthier this time around, aside from just having been vaccinated and my doctor knowing a general idea of what medicine works (as opposed to early in the pandemic where the goal was simply “don’t let them die”). I’ve been consciously eating healthier, and while I was never overweight — around 180-185 lbs at 6’ — I have dropped some bad weight as I started training for a half marathon. All of that assuredly helped, and I’m equally as certain that this virus can still be extremely deadly if your not vaccinated and have other health issues.

what this was then, really, was a kick in the pants to keep doing what I’ve recently started doing. Not just for looks and feeling good and having fun, but also because when it comes to things like this fucking virus, it pays dividends to be physically prepared as well.

15. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wife and I tested positive this morning. We either got it at work, or one of the kids brought it home from daycare. Our oldest hasn't shown any signs, but the 5mo old had a fever this past weekend.

Both of us and our 3yr old are fully vaxxed. Symptoms so far have been chills, a headache, cough, some drainage, and some loss of taste.

Our 3yr old has been great about wearing a mask at daycare, but I don't think we can keep a mask on him at home.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Other than some drainage, I actually felt mostly ok today and taste is coming back. Wife seems to be about 8-12hrs behind me as far as how she's feeling. Hopefully tomorrow we both feel better and neither of us have a rebound.

The 3yr old tested positive on Tuesday, but other than a cough and some congestion he hasn't shown any other symptoms.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

a week out and my wife still has some absolutely room clearing farts

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

can confirm. One of the side effects (symptoms?) of the new variant is room clearing farts. Was at a gender reveal last night for one of my in-laws, who all get it like a badge of honor for being unvaxxed pure bloods or some shit, and horrible farts are I guess something everyone was too afraid to ask about. When I brought it up, because I'd started getting some as well, it was like that "oh my god THANK YOU I thought I was the only one!!!"

Needless to say, that gender reveal was like the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles, except with @Nettdata's garlic soup farts, and half the people couldn't smell it anyway.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, it finally happened... Mom got The Covid.

She was off on a 3 week cruise to New Zealand, got back on Saturday (a week ago today), on Monday had a weird "almost shit myself" event with a bit of a fever, tested, and was positive.

She just finished Day 5 and tested negative, and I've been testing negative the whole time, thankfully.

Still have a few days to go of careful masking and semi-isolation, but it seems like the worst is behind us so far, and she had no really major symptoms.

20. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It doesn't seem like I've had it, but I don't understand how I could have not had it at some point, post-vaccination at least. I was sick for a couple of days last year, but tested negative and bounced right back. I've been around people who would have been contagious with Covid. I'm thinking I'm one of the lucky ones that, with the vaccine, lack any symptoms the unknown time(s) I've had Covid.