Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Coronavirus: Miles away from ordinary.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jan 28, 2020.

1. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going to SEMA next week and want to make sure I'm as protected as I can be. Already have both shots and the booster, what is the next round? I see there is an updated Moderna booster but I thought there was a new shot out?

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should be looking for one of the bivalent boosters. Both Moderna and Pfizer have one and they seem to be pretty widely available.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, consider . . .

[​IMG]

5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks. Got an appt for 7pm tonight.

@Rush-O-Matic Well, it is Vegas. Can never have too much protection

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

it gave me a pretty bad headache and mild fatigue for roughly 24 hours. Nothing Tylenol couldn't fix though. Like a mild hangover at worst.

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been just over 12 hours and other than some weird dreams, a quick wake up around 3am feeling "meh" and the standard sore shoulder, I feel fine today. Ready to be packed in with a bunch of mouth breathers from all over the world next week.

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you have a reaction to previous vaccines/boosters?

The initial vaccines had me feeling a little off the next day, but nothing bad. The booster absolutely flattened me for 24 hours, I took two naps, watched TV and ate takeout because it was all I had the energy to do.

We have a booster scheduled for Friday. We had plans to hike on Saturday but the only appointment availability was Friday so we took it... I'm guessing Saturday is out, but who knows?

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been a bit but from what I remember;
    First - Sore arm
    Second - Sore arm & swollen armpit lymph node
    Third - Sore arm and felt tired the next day

None of them made me feel ill or affected my day-to-day more than a general nuisance.

Edit - Went back and found my post about the booster "Got my booster at 6pm last night. Went to bed around 10m, woke up a few times throughout the night feeling a little uncomfortable but that could be due to work stress and going to bed stone sober. Woke up with a pretty sore arm but that's about it."

Edit again - I ended up getting the Pfizer bivalent

#8169 GTE, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Just had the bivalent Pfizer vaccine a few days ago. It was a solid day of arm soreness, maybe some soreness extending up into my neck but that was it. WAY better recovery than all the other vaccines for COVID so far.

11. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From what I remember, my first I got really tired the night I had it, but was fine the next day with just some minor site pain. The 2nd I had no side effects other than a sore arm again. For my 3rd, I got both my booster and a flu shot at the same time, so that completely wiped me out for about 36 hours, so I would NOT recommend doing that. I'm scheduled to get by bivalent next week, but I won't be getting any other shots at that time.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I got the flu vax at the same time as the bivalent COVID booster a few days ago and it was fine for me.

13. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After avoiding all Covid related things for 2 and a half years, it finally got me.
    Two days ago after work I was VERY sore, but I work a pretty physical job, so I didn't think too much of it. Last night, the final 3 or 4 hours of work, I got ridiculously cold and started to get a runny nose. This morning I have a temp and tested positive on a rapid test. Overall, it's not really terrible at the moment, mostly just the fever and the sore everything. I'm hoping it's not too bad and I'm back on my feet in a couple days.

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got the Moderna bivalent booster yesterday at ~3pm. Started to take a nosedive around 7pm. Slept like shit, bad headache and body aches all night into this morning. I'm trending in the right direction now but I definitely have a pretty severe response to these boosters; seems like I can count on being out of commission for almost exactly 24 hours each time.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That’s been my reaction to each of the Moderna shots. I haven’t gotten the bivalent yet as I need to set aside a whole day for the side effects. Definitely getting it before Thanksgiving, though.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

This was me. At 24 hours I was good to go. Worth it to be protected though.

I know a lot of people who won't get the boosters now because they make them feel like shit, but yet these same people willingly give themselves hangovers which are just as bad as not worse. Makes no sense to me.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will have you know, good sir, that I will not get anymore boosters because I sterilize my insides with alcohol every day.

I'm serious, I'm tired of them trying to push these boosters, which don't seem to do anything (HOW MANY TIMES have Joe and Jill Biden gotten the Chinese virus now?).

Hey, whatever happened to Monkeypox?

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how many times we have to keep saying this, but it doesn't prevent you from getting it (sometimes). What it does do, is prevent you from getting a horrible case of it that'll send you to the hospital (or worse), and it also goes a huge way to prevention of spreading it. You know the thousands of people still dying of covid right now? They're the ones without the shot.

That Biden hasn't been in the hospital with covid, and has recovered quickly, is a testament to how well the shot works.

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We went for a hike to clear the cobwebs, and for the first 6 miles felt great - thinking what a good idea it was, how good we felt. After 6 miles I think we were just pushing it a little and ended up pretty tired once we got back. But still, it's amazing how consistent that 24 hour mark is

I'll take 24 hours of feeling lousy over not just the incredible illness that some people get from contracting COVID, but the long term side effects; a woman I know got it 6 months ago and still doesn't have full lung capacity. Studies are showing dramatically increased risk for future heart disease. I recently read something about increased risk to your kidneys I believe. It's a no-brainer.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Serious question; do you understand that this vaccine's primary benefit is not to completely eliminate the possibility of contracting it, but that it nearly eliminates the possibility of serious disease, including hospitalization and death?