Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Coronavirus: Miles away from ordinary.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jan 28, 2020.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]
    Is Al Gore not doing it for you anymore?

2. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My very republican mayor and local health officials and doctors had to literally beg people at this week's news conference to wear a mask because our hospitals are being overwhelmed.

My community is so fucked. This winter is going to be nasty. I thought we could keep our viral spread low enough that the holidays wouldn't totally fuck us all, but man was I wrong.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing makes me more bitter than listening to the neighbors throw a Halloween party while I'm on god knows what month of quarantining trying to keep the fucking ingrates in this country safe.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think at this point we should look at it as keeping us and our families safe.

There’s a lot of mouth breathers out there who don’t care about their own or their family’s health and safety. I won’t wish I’ll on them, but I also won’t feel sorry for them when their actions come back to bite them on the ass.

And you know they’ll be the ones crying the loudest.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The may cry the loudest but it will be improper crying, because the blame will be on ANYTHING but themselves. Fuck them. This pandemic was an application for every citizen to demonstrate how logical or illogical they are when faced with a genuine threat. It has revealed people’s true colours, and helped marked them as human beings to avoid in our lives at ALL cost.

Let them stew in their little bubble until their own stupidity just plain fucking kills them. Let’s not waste resources trying to save people who factually don’t deserve it, this ten strikes-and-your-out shit has got to go, these people are a legitimate menace to society. Treat Pandemic deniers/“New Normal Protestors” like Giuliani treated war veterans and the mentally ill in NYC: throw them in prison, because being that stupid actually is an illness.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yep. My across the street neighbor that we are friends with conveniently did not mention out of town friends coming to visit them this Halloween weekend while I stood on her front porch and she mentioned driving to California to visit another friend. She is very social and isolation was ''killing'' her. K. She speaks sympathetically to our safety measures but actions speak louder than words and it is making me feel bitter.

This woman is obese and has severe asthma that is somewhat resistant to steroid therapy when she has flare ups. If she catches covid there is a really good chance she will die. And that no one will be able to visit her at the hospital when it happens. It'll be a ''tragic'' death. One that I saw coming a mile fucking away.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're 20 something kids trying to get laid on Halloween. Even if they catch it, they'll most likely shake it off easily, and I doubt they'll ever be aware of the more vulnerable people they spread it to.

9. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

https://youtu.be/RIu4W-oSZtM

@Nettdata called it. We're getting mainstream personal respirators coming on to the market now. This little nugget is coming out of Toronto. Apparently it's not the first product on the market, but it's the first with that "mainstream" appeal, and a high level of production quality.

Important to note that airplanes have already preemptively banned a lot of these devices for safety and comfort reasons. We all know that "comfort" isn't exactly a priority, but there have been reports of fist fights coming off from people trying to bubble off space on planes (that they shouldn't be on in the first place).

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is asinine. There already are “mainstream “ personal respirators on the market, 1/5 that size. They’re called half-face air purifying respirators (APR). Being half-face they don’t cover your eyes so your vision remains unobscured. And they’re readily available from numerous places, including Home Depot. What is even the point of that monstrosity?

11. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Claustrophobics, and people in general, have aversions to wearing things that touch their faces. Glasses are kiiiind of an exception, but usually glasses wearers have been wearing them from a very young age.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And, how is that an air-tight seal, up against clothing and boobs?

upload_2020-11-1_18-31-11.png

13. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That person does not have boobs. It's been that long since the boobie thread was updated that you've forgotten that boobs and mustaches do not appear on the same body... usually.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tell that to my Sicilian cousins.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, I do realize that person does not have boobs. However, in the video, there was a person wearing the thing and it was strapped over her boobs. It didn't looked particularly sealed, similar to the shoulder gap. I didn't explain myself very clearly.

upload_2020-11-1_19-40-18.png

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It could be just a positive pressure deal, not a hermetic seal.

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t see any air tanks.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fan and a filter is all it takes to be positive pressure.

19. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Although I don’t see those either you are absolutely correct. Regardless, it’s still ridiculous.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

100%