Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Coronavirus: Miles away from ordinary.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Perhaps if a bunch of people started going pantsless and shirtless in protest we could make a difference... or just be entertained. I'll roll out with my pole out for public health.

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Roll out with your pole out for public health" should be the slogan of the movement.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You need to go in there, shake their unwashed hand and congratulate them on being such a badass.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The latest reboot of Spitting Image has some hilarious stuff around Trump, his tweeting, his asshole tweeting, and, of course, COVID. They turned COVID into a character puppet in the show.

What you need to do is create a foil inflatable helium balloon like that, tie it to your waist, and go for a stroll. I'm sure hilarity will ensue.

For those of you who haven't seen it, here's an example of one of the new Spitting Image skits:

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can someone just bring the fucker up on charges of treason? Because I can't believe actions like this are just sheer stupidity, it has to be intentional destruction.

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

yeah he thinks it violates some election law. Because voter suppression doesn't violate election law. And talking about COVID clearly makes him look bad, because he did bad things in response to it, so that's influencing the election.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Why doesn’t he just write an executive order making him president for life and making it a felony to be a democrat? Everyone just lets him do whatever the fuck he pleases, and lord knows how much he’ll try to fuck over your country between now and January if he loses.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not allowing me to display my penis in a public restaurant is straight tyranny and you want to add mask?

12. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We will be at 100k cases a day by the end of this week, so....back to where we were in April.

Fuck.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder how the shutdowns are going to go this time. I think some businesses begrudgingly shut down last time on the premise of "it's only for two weeks". Now they're going to know there's no way it's only going to be two weeks.

14. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I doubt shutdowns will happen, because there is no appetite for it.

You're going to see a lot of excuses, but for there to be widespread shut downs, you need enforcement authority and there won't be an appetite for it.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Solano County in CA is already talking about stopping indoor dining, gyms etc next week unless the cases come back down. One thing to run a restaurant that can seat outside during the summer, not so likely in the winter.

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chicago shutdown indoor dining and bars already. When hospitals get bad enough they'll be forced to do something.

17. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A large part of our county here in Upstate NY is in an orange zone under Cuomos new way of fighting Covid based on zip codes where the higher number of cases are. So we do have some shut downs which started last Friday. It’s “non-essential” businesses like bars, hair salons, gyms, etc. Schools are closed ( I still have no idea if I’m gonna be laid off or not ) until numbers go down and we go to “yellow”. There’s also restrictions on indoor dining, and with the weather turning some places are just shutting down for what we hope will only be two weeks. No that anyone I know thinks it’ll be just two weeks.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Apparently my mask is so distracting that the sprinkler guy had to interrupt himself while he was talking about my ducks to tell me all the reasons they are ridiculous. Thanks man, I really value your opinion on this matter.

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure he had done his "research." I didn't know you had Trumpers in the Northwest.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

In the Northeast they’re forming multi-state coalitions to implement unified COVID restriction phase policies. It’s basically New England + NY and NJ at this point. They’re not going to go full lock-down, but I’d say they are a few weeks away from closing indoor dining and certain business types again. The medical systems here are far-better equipped to handle ER and critical care loads than they were 6 months ago.