Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Controversial Opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Oct 5, 2017.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw Cam Newton get in some shit because he laughed at a female reporter.
    I also saw a Down's syndrome kid get accolades for working at McDonalds for 20 something years.

My unpopular opinions are thus:
    The female football reporter has never run a route, been tackled or caught a pass from an athlete in her life. Newton probably should have taken her more seriously, but what is the fucking point of the female sideline reporters? They couldn't find a former college/pro athlete to do that job and lend some authority, credibility and direct understanding to the role?

I'm also against male coaches leading female basketball teams. Fuck you, step aside and let a woman coach.

The Down's kid working is another one.
    Either this kid is disabled and shouldn't have to work; society should take better care of him OR he's fully capable of working and shouldn't get distinguished based on his disability. Either way, it takes the piss out of the other people who work there. Imagine getting hired and saying, we value your abilities so little, we wish you were retarded and worked as well as Timmy the Tard. The companies who do this reek of exploitative practices (McDonald's).

My heart bleeds for no one like the disabled, and it is an abject tragedy how little help these people receive. If they are able to contribute, then I think it's doing them a disservice by recognizing them based on their disability. There are plenty of borderline MR folks that work without recognition. It's a double-edged sword: either take care of them so they don't need to work or let them work without having their disability be a thing. They don't thank the kid with ADHD, or color blindness or the wheelchair bound person for making it that far.

My absolute favorite was in my hometown an MR kid got accepted to a life skills program at Clemson University and it was in the news. The headline for their rival school's paper was "Down's syndrome boy celebrating life at Clemson". I gotta say it reflect poorly on a university when they "accept" Down's syndrome students, as if they were normally matriculating adults. It's patronizing, the kid isn't getting a degree, and it feels like a cruel lie.

TIB, what are your controversial opinions?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think we've done this before, but what the hell.

No bitching and no getting triggered. If you want to debate someone's opinion or challenge it, fine. Take it to the Serious Thread.

Focus: Standing up to wipe is more efficient than sitting down and smearing poop all over your balls.

Bump.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Or take it to PM. No one cares about you getting all worked up because someone doesn't like mayo. Or the fact THEY WIPING THE WRONG WAY. Gross.

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

How awkward and uncoordinated are you that you have to stand up in order to avoid smearing poop all over your balls? Where you one of those kids that needed to wear a crash helmet to avoid brain damage from always running into things?

Focus: Queer is a bullshit orientation. Straight, gay, and bi cover all of the possible non-deviant sexual preferences, so if you self-identify as queer and mean it as something other than what straight, gay, and bi cover then you're a pretentious tool.

#4 Trakiel, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  5. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How do people wipe sitting down? Serious question, how can you possibly have full access to the field of battle without standing and pulling on one cheek? Lazy wipes are fucking gross.

FOCUS: fast food jobs are for teenagers, not adults with kids to feed. I'm sorry your life choices have led you to this dead end, but $15 to flip burgers makes no economic sense to anybody. That's more than I made as a machinist. Go ahead, keep costing more than you bring in. You'll come in one day and find Johnny 5 wearing your apron.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Personally, I wipe sideways.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Lean forward and to the side - which tends to part your butt cheeks so you can wipe easier - and reach your hand around and clean up? How is that not the most efficient way to wipe your ass?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You can also not be fat.

Focus: "Body Positive" is horseshit so says both I and science. You are crushing and strangling your organs with giant tumours called fat. Your heart is pumping blood for two bodies, it is not supposed to do that. You are dying young. You're not beautiful, when people say you're "brave" for wearing something.... take the hint. It's not flattery, it's a warning.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get that not everyone looks like the people on the moving pictures and the tv box. So, some degree of body positive is natural: you can have a pizza roll and still go outside in a bathing suit.

BUT...if you fat, be fat. Don't try and pretend that you look like this on purpose, or that you smothered the skinny, healthy person underneath that shit with carrots and celery until you weigh 270 lbs.
    This falls under the "inane horseshit sold to women to make them feel confident" category for me.

10. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know how controversial it is, but that kid probably fit in just fine with those sheep fucking hill people.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

People use those things on teeth?

12. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trans?

I will add that anyone claiming to be "genderfluid" is an annoying twat. I get trans people who, literally by definition of the word "trans" are going from one gender to another". I get that some folks prefer androgyny...why would a lesbian dress and behave in a manner appealing to men? I'm all for rethinking the gender roles if you wanna (the kink realm is rife with people that blur the lines). However, you are either a female or a male. I've not met a trans person yet that can't make up their mind. The whole notion that gender isn't binary is fucking annoying, and makes actual trans people lose their shit. If you're a chick who wants to go packing, fine, or a dude who wants to wear panties, fine. We already have names for those people.

I also think the percentage of actually trans people is miniscule. The people doing it for attention or to secure a place in victimhood far outnumber the people who were truly born the wrong gender. I've been hit on at kink events, and messaged by trans "girls" who basically just want a dude to fuck them while they're all dolled up. Cool, but you don't actually want the genitals of the opposite sex, won't use hormones, and have only identified as trans in the last few years? So, you're a skinny dude with long hair, wearing lingerie that wants another dude to fuck you? I would call that gay.

In the kink realm, a ton of these people call themselves what they'd like to be, as opposed to what they are.

Come to think of it, that's similar to the "body positive" folks who are borderline obese. Yeah, it'd be nice if being fat was attractive, because getting fat is easy. Too bad, that's now it works.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

“Plus size models.” Im not talking the ones who look like normal women. I’m talking the objectively obese ones. That is not a healthy image to project to impressionable young adults.

Awesome thread by the way. I don’t think we’ve done one to this extent.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

> taking a shit and not getting in the shower with the anus-blaster attachment

Get on my level normies.

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

This will not be a controversial opinion in the context of this board, but it is in the circles I run with: I have met a few people who are gender fluid or nonbinary where I think "ah, yes, these terms were created just for you" because they are just truly an androgynous person in all sense of the word. But I think that most of the people who claim the title and think they're so much more strident believers in the concept of gender being on a spectrum and is a social construct etc etc are actually adhering far more to the traditional binary notions of gender and gender solely being tied to biology than your standard person with progressive views on gender and sexuality. Most of the time when I hear their reasoning for being nonbinary it's because they're rejecting all these very stereotypical notions of feminity or masculinity, like "I'm not just a woman because I don't like makeup and I'm not that emotional of a person," and I think isn't that the exact same shit we're all trying to break down here? That there's not one set of rules for what being a woman/feminine means and what being a man/masculine means?

Also, I understood what Milo was talking about in that interview and don't think he was advocating for pedophilia. The older gay guy introducing a younger (and yes sometimes late teens but not yet legal) gay guy into what it means to be a gay man is A Thing, and while I understand the issues there every gay guy I know doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I think Milo might've veered a little bit too young in his comments, though, but it wasn't enough to really upset me. Plus, I thought his joke (I think it was about a priest?) was funny. Out of all the shitty things he's done, and how perfectly fine I am with him having a fall from Grace in general, I thought it was a little odd and unfair that that's what did it. I suspect it had a lot to do with the right still not quite being comfortable with gays in general, no matter how much they enjoy holding him up as an example for how they soooo don't have a problem with them anymore, see look!

16. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RIP Ralphie May

Suicide by refrigerator.

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can get behind that. I know a lesbian who looks like Opee named George. However, she is still a woman, biologically speaking. That's the shit that infuriates me. Socially, sure dress/behave how you wish, but it's infuriating to hear people say "I'm gender-fluid" and think, well you have giant tits, so what's downstairs, a fishbowl? Mop bucket?

I'm comfortable eschewing gender roles and the preconceived notion of "welp, I have a twig and berries so I have to dress & behave like this". But I'm annoyed by things like "I'm non binary, so my gender doesn't matter", or "did you just assume my gender?". No, you self-righteous twat, your beard/tits assumed your gender for me. I'm not subscribing you to Twat Waffle magazine by saying the pronoun "she"...I'm using my native fucking language.

18. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On that note, fuck anyone trying to label me as cisgender, or heteronormative, or anything besides "straight male". That's your language, not mine.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You’ll take your medicine and like it, cis cuck.

Focus: Not all cultures are made equal. Sunni Islam is backwards and horrific and completely incompatible with western society. Opening the doors to Middle Eastern refugees imports their horrible cultural values, in which zero flexibility is permitted due to their draconian religion. Europe is committing cultural suicide and places like London and Paris have zones where police can’t do anything; they’re governed by pseudo-Sharia Law. There’s another disgusting underbelly of these semi-societies where child sex trafficking is rampant and is largely covered up by the city/national governments. Why on Earth would we want any part of that?

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Piggybacking, I get a laugh at "Islamaphobia". Islam is the worst religion in the world. The most barbaric, the most violent in its text, the most oppressive. Over 150 million members want every western city turned into a debris field. Not right for the West, not right for this Earth. Every religion has terrible blind spots, but those religions don't seem to ever involve poison-gassing a girls' school and committing mass kidnap-and-rape epidemics. It openly states that women are carriers of shame and should take their subjugation and like it. What more do you need to know?

This is why Pakistan scares me far more than NK: because that country is two things to me: kooks with nukes. You have kooks constantly trying to steal them there, from the kooks who are guarding them. And Pakistan accidentally sold nuclear secrets to enemies a few years back so when it comes to Islamabad you better feel Islamahorrified.

#20 Crown Royal, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017