Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Community

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by RCGT, Oct 23, 2009.

1. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy crap, best episode yet. Better than the Halloween one. Loved the very first scene when he wakes up.

"Was!? It's still going on!"

2. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just watched the paintball episode during lunch. Fantastic, the best so far. When Chang came into the room for the first time, and then the scene that followed, it was priceless. I'm sure that people could hear me laughing two offices down.

3. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anybody know what Chang's outfit was a reference to? Was it Hardboiled?

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen three references in that short scene. Scarface, Hard Boiled, and Face/Off (with the twin golden pistols). There were so many movie references in that episode, it was brilliant.

I think my two favorites were in the bathroom. The green paint slowly dripping down the wall in front of the urinal (Alien), and Annie's crazy trashcan lid hat (reminded me of the hallway mugger from 5th element).

5. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The Tranny Queen thing made laugh hard. I love this show

Edit: also "Bring Conan back!" from Starburns

6. insanityv2

insanityv2
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Jeff Winger has officially had his mouth on everything worthwhile at that school. Britta, Annie, the hot Professor, the chicken fingers...

7. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me and my roommate were betting on Annie the whole way.

8. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get the finale, is it a spoof? Annie is like 19, Jeff is 35. Britta is obviously his intended (and designed for) love interest, Slater was just brought back for the finale to create tension... why would his character choose Annie?

9. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe because she makes him feel like Christmas morning?

The whole love interest triangle was meh, but the rest of the episode was fantastic. I really hope they use Chang more often next season.

10. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who writes for the show told me that they made the decision to switch to Annie as the main love interest about 8 episodes in because people on the internet weren't digging the chemistry between Britta and Jeff. They attempted to make it organic (and I think they did) with the debate episode and the episode where she starts dating Vaughn.

As to why Jeff would choose Annie...have you seen her? Who cares if she's 18, she's a fucking babe and despite the progress the character made over the season, he's still pretty clearly a shallow, vain, narcissist.

Also, it was pretty clear that Jeff wasn't being predatory. It never seemed like Jeff was actively trying to get in her pants. Instead she gravitated toward him, and he succumbed to #99 on Maxim's Rockin' Babes list.

11. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I watched the start of the Halloween episode when it first aired and I just didn't find it funny, so I didn't watch another episode. The pilot was on a few nights ago, so I decided to watch it from the start.

It's now, definitely, my new favourite show. I finished the season finale earlier today, which means I watched the entire first season in the span of about four days (and I have a day-time job). I definitely like it much more than The Office, like other people have mentioned. Normally in a show like this, there's one character that I just can't stand and don't think they contribute, but I don't think that about anyone on this show. I think Troy and Abed are fucking hilarious, I love every scene they're in. Can't wait for season two.

12. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd penis her.

13. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Please dear god let Betty Whites characters "suspension" be all season. I'm fucking tired of seeing that old bag of bones everywhere. I get it, she's old and now she says/does edgy things, big whoop it all seems really forced and none of it is funny. fuck.

14. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, Betty White really sucks but I think it's a meta-joke on how SNL used Betty White as an old-bag-of-bones-says-a-forced-punchline.

It was a decent episode but I have a gigantic attraction toward Britta, more so than almost any TV crush I've ever had, so I don't like Jeff choosing anybody over her.

Chang was great when he wasn't forced, the last bit ventured a bit too far of the "that's just weird" line.

Fav parts: ShitMyDadSays will fail as a TV show, the terrible but graphic kiss, Chang yelling out gay, "All dogs are male all cats are female - YOU CANT DISPROVE THAT".

15. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

God Damn I loved this last episode.

First off, is it just me or is Drew Carey a severely under-rated comedian.

The whole office break-in--from Annie demanding to be more than a distraction to everybody pretending they got chloroformed--was amazing.

"Did you know if I sleep with him once a month I can use his beach house?"
    "I think you may have found the world's newest profession."

Until Archer comes back in January, this is definitely the best show on TV.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The little popping sound when Jeff shook his hand with a hole in it killed me.

Annie bouncing was very nice as well.

17. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is it just me or does Drew Carey look creepy since he lost all that weight? Like old wrinkled zombie creepy.

18. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

"You don't have to yell at us. Nobody's against you on this issue."

Was Abed delivering the baby in the background? I saw him talking to the pregnant girl at the beginning and about halfway through the episode. Is there some sort of behind-the-scenes meta-joke I didn't know about that explains why he wasn't in this episode very much?

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was him delivering the baby, yes. I think that whole thing was a setup for Shirley asking him what he'd been up to all week, and him answering, "Not much."

Britta and Annie oil fight? Yes please. Annie is getting hotter every episode.

John Oliver was fucking killing me this ep. The force field thing was genius.

20. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well... That was the funniest Halloween episode of any show that I've ever seen.