Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Community Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rush-O-Matic, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yahoo! Screen.

Anybody else watch this? Dan Harmon is able to get his weird on, big time. If you liked it before, you'll like this version, but if you're coming into new, it'll probably seem pretty stupid. Cautiously optimistic. I laughed a few times, and will be interested to see where all this goes as Harmon figures out how to balance the funny with just doing something because he can get away with it.

2. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I liked it, but I agree that it will get better once Harmon gets over the excitement of being able to do more than he can on network TV.

3. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sad to say I think losing almost half the cast is making the chemistry feel off. I think losing Donald Glover was really unfortunate to the whole cast chemistry, especially after Chevy Chase and then Yvette Brown.

4. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard a few rumours that Glover will be back.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Episode 3 is probably the best-written episode in the whole series. Terrific laugh out loud jokes, mockery, parody and heart. Good stuff.

"We need WiFi."
    "Oh come on. We NEED oxygen."
    "We HAVE oxygen. We NEED WiFi."

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It seems like whatever restrictions Harmon had at NBC - real or perceived - to allow him to use the cast, have been lifted. The writing and ensemble acting is really fantastic right now. That Paget Brewster and Keith David have been able to blend into it so well is a lot of fun.

"For God's sake, we're frickin Americans! We're talking about freedom of speech. It's the amendment so important, it's literally the first one they remembered to add."

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Again, I think I'm the only one watching this. But, today's episode was another good one. I actually laughed out loud several times, and Elroy Patashnik's line after the payoff was gold in content and delivery:
    (This is an actual plot spoiler, so don't read this if you're planning on watching the episode.)
    "This is a maaaan, that knows how to marry his cousin."

8. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is the show quieter for some reason, or is it just me. I feel like there are more awkward pauses than there used to be.Also, this episode was particularly good. The end with the writer was my favorite part.

#8 lostalldoubt86, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015