Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Come snuggle with me...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know of the phrase "turkey dump", but I don't think I know anyone who actually did it or had it happen to them. Maybe we Canadians are a more sensible people who don't romanticize high school and their romances to the same degree as Americans. Maybe we don't go away to school as much. Maybe we dump people over the phone without regard to what holiday it is. Maybe my anecdotal observations are mere outliers. Nonetheless, I have a story to share that's one better than the turkey dump that I can never resist telling:

Has anyone ever seen real couples form out of online forums? Y'know, long-distance internet relationships where the two losers are completely and shamelessly in love with each other despite having never met? I did once. They "met", so to speak, in high school and went to the same university together. They did meet up a few months before going to school together, and despite claiming that they were going to wait until marriage to have sex because they have the rest of their lives to be sexually active once they tie the knot, they did the deed. They had been talking about marriage and children; she had started thinking about where and what kind of church they wanted to get married in. So, they go off to university, and things aren't quite what they turned out to be, and break up within a month.

Little Miss Bible Humper blew a guy one Friday night, and broke up with the gentleman the next morning. Then she got into booze and weed, big time.

2. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    See my signature.

I seem to have a knack for causing women out of my zipcode to want me to fuck their brains out. It's happened several times already now. Doesn't really help me get laid in the short term though, so it's nothing worth mentioning. But since it's the thread focus and all...

Maybe once I stop living at the library and start living at the bar things will change. Or, you know, maybe once I have some free time and some free money I can go on an international sex safari.

You know, whichever happens first.

3. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A girl I know's husband is in the service. When he was in Iraq a couple years ago the girl came over to my house a few times to have some beers and hang, or to bring her one year old over who was awesome.

Then one time she came over hammered, got more hammered along with everyone at my house, and I ended up walking out of my bedroom in the morning to see her sleeping with my friend butt naked.

So...yeah, saw her tits, awesome. But it wasn't cool that she fucked around while her husband was deployed.

In other news, she just had a second baby with the kid, apparently everything is going well with them. Hmmm.

I've had inklings of long distance relationships, never worked out well (like all my relationships), but I won't bore anyone with the details.

4. Facepalm

Facepalm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've only really been in one LDR, and like many others it didn't end well. I met her through a mutual friend - she was up visiting a friend that had just transferred to my university. We hit it off, and even though she was going to school about 100 miles away we decided to give it a go.

We were together for just about the entire Spring semester that year, and things were going great until she moved home for the summer (further away - making the distance between us about 300 miles). At the time I had a shitty ass car that was barely making it back & forth between her school & mine, so there was no way in hell I was going to be able to make multiple trips to her hometown over the summer. We worked it out to where I would drive down there on July 4 to meet her family, but every other time we got together she would either come up here or we would meet in the middle.

That was all well & good until about mid-June, when one night I was telling her about hanging out with some friends earlier that day. The next day she starts asking me about one of the girls that was at the party...the next day she starts asking me if I've cheated on her. She kept asking, and kept accusing me of various things over the course of about the next week. Eventually I just got pissed off about having to constantly reassure her that I wasn't cheating on her (because I wasn't), and ended the relationship.

Even though she was transferring to my school the next semester (which she did, and Jesus was it awkward), it just wasn't worth continuing to be in a relationship without trust. She obviously had some pretty big trust issues, and I just wasn't interested in constantly being accused of something I hadn't done.

Because we were pretty much forced to be around each other over the next couple years (we were majoring in the same thing & were involved in several organizations together), I maintained fairly close contact with her. Eventually our relationship got to an amicable point, when one night she invited me over for some sex, which I declined - I had moved past her, and during her booty call I basically learned that she "still had feelings" for me. She apparently then met a guy on MySpace who became her husband & got her pregnant, after which I was de-friended on Facebook. Oh well.

5. Salami_Saul

Salami_Saul
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

I am in the military, and also currently in a long distance relationship. It is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, given that you are with somebody that has the type of personality that suits is. I have 2 anecdotes about past relationships that solidify that point.

When I was in high school, there was a girl that I was infatuated with. Long story short, I finally convinced her to let me fuck her, we where immediately in "love", blah blah. We ended up continuing the relationship after I had gone to Great Lakes for boot camp, and the school following. All in all I was there for about 8 months. She would literally fight with me at least once a month, because I did something like go work out, or go hang out with my friends instead of talking to her. At the end of my school I got orders to Cuba, and I decided that getting engaged would make things better (I was 18 and retarded, hindsight is 20/20). I'm sure you can all guess how this ends, but in the end we break up.

Fast forward to my cousins wedding. I am paired up with one of his now wife's single, hot friends. I do my groomsman duty and beat her down, and we keep in contact when I go back to Dahlgren (where I was stationed at the time). When I come home on leave, we continue to see each other, and decide we could give this thing a shot. We are still together, and doing as well as any couple that I have ever met. We have a different version of "trust" than most people do. We are completely and totally open to each other having one night stands, just as long as there are no kids/STDs brought home. I know that may seem odd to some of you, but being honest with both each other and ourselves and communicating we decided that would be best for us. I know that I can't be away from her for months on end going to places like Thailand and Hong Kong, where they pretty much serve up pussy on a platter, and remain faithful. She is fine with that, and I have no problem with her sleeping with other people, because I know who she is coming home to, figuratively, at the end of the day. Not for everybody, not even for most people, but it works for us and we are happy, so fuck it, we will let it ride. We are planning on her moving out here late this year, and she has already came over here and lived with me for almost 3 months last summer, so I have good feelings about this one.

6. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I had a great long distance relationship. I got all the sex I could handle when I'd break away from my 50 to 60 hour work weeks to go see her, drive 5 hours on a Friday afternoon to get there that evening, and fuck till I had to leave about 5 a.m. on Sunday to be at work. Actually did this twice with the same girl who just loved this little butt fuck town she kept moving back to. We'd talk online every night, text each other throughout the day, post "I miss you" or "I love you" on each others MySpace (this was a few years ago). It was lame. Each time the texts and messages would become fewer and further between. She started going out every other night and going to silent mode. Parties at hotels, going to military formals with her guy 'friends,' going to the bar where it's 10-1 dudes every time she went out, having a cuddle buddy, hanging out with the baby daddy... and I said fuck the LDR and your platonic relationships, and started banging every chick I could find. At least I'm not gonna lie when I say I was hanging out with all these females to fuck. I got myself laid more these two phases of my life than any other. Both times she moved back, both times I should have told her to stay.

7. Merle

Merle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I may be up there for one of the longest distance relationships for a civilian here. When I was twenty I met a girl studying abroad from Brazil and it is amazing how much you think something will work out when you are that old and with a girl is smoking hot and you are in "tru wuv". However she was also a very kind and smart girl so that helped a lot too. We kept it going for a year and a half including 1 two week trip I spent with her family. We had one nasty fight but are on good terms now so no real complaints. I have to admit that relationship turned me on to webcam sex and that really does help in long distance relationships.

My current one is with a girl at a school about six hours away when she is at school and close by when on break. So far it is going well and webcam sex helps a lot in this one too. One thing I will mention is that most long distance relationships that work are because on the personality types and habits of the people involved, not so much how well the relationship itself is. Right now my girlfriend and I are finishing up two difficult B.S. degrees so most of our evenings are spent at home doing homework (Yeah college, wooooo). We just keep skype on and "see" each other a lot because of this. When my ex and I broke up we were both going out to parties and bars more often so it ended up ruining the relationship because of our habits, not so much the quality of the relationship.

On that note I know people who are in "long distance" relationships that are 30 minutes apart and fight all the damn time. It is because they both constantly go out and ignore each other. If you want a long distance relationship to work you have to remember to put the time into it like you would a normal relationship. From what I have seen people assume since they are far apart they don't have to set aside time for each other and that is where problems occur.

Overall I have zero regrets about any of my long distance relationships. They opened me up to a lot of things I would never really have seen myself doing otherwise