Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

CoD Addicts Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by JoeFresh, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was having one of those days this past Saturday where I could do no wrong. Finally unlocked the AC-130 killstreak and in the very next game I went 11-0 right off the bat and called one in, it was great. Also had some stellar matches in Terminal, one in particular where I went 5-0 in the first 20-30 seconds of the game and again called in an AC-130 pretty damn quick. Got my highest killstreak of 19 in that match. Joined another match in Terminal that was 1/3 of the way through and still went 25-4. Third match in Terminal that night had me at 17-0 when my roommate accidentally kicked our router and I got DC'ed.

I snipe from time to time but my favorite load out, which I used in the above games, is:

M16A4 w/ Red Dot
    M1014 w/ Grip
    Frag/Semtex (I switch this up now and then)
    Flash Grenade
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Commando Pro
    Pred Missile->Harrier Strike->AC-130

I see a lot of people say they hate the three round burst, but I absolutely love it. With the faster aiming down the sights of SoH Pro, I can come around a corner and get a guy in my sights super quick, and squeeze off three rounds before he can react. Along with stopping power and the accuracy of the M16, he is DRT (Dead Right There).

Right now I am sitting at about 22% accuracy playing mostly assault style, with a 1.23 KDR.

2. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hi, I'm Voorhees on the PS3, and I'm an addict. I'm the guy blowing you the fuck up with claymores in places you don't think to look, the using Scavenger to resupply and replant before you can come try to get payback.

3. flacco

flacco
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

4. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Pretty sure that is accurate. It's a great way to figure out whether your weapon benefits from Stopping Power or you're better served going with Cold-Blooded or another red perk.

Edit: <a class="postlink" href="http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/</a>

This is nice too, he has two flash versions of the stats so you can compare two weapons.

5. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

From what I know, there are a few mistakes with that.

6. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Had to post this somewhere. Started a game of MTD 2-6. Our team was down by 1200. Ended up 32-8 and basically won the game by myself. The FAL is so fucking incredible.

On another note, does anyone else kill time between classes or at work by watching CoD videos? Here's some links to the guys I find interesting to watch:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/tejbz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/user/tejbz</a> - Swedish guy. Hilarious commentary, and he plays very aggressively, fun to watch.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/wingsofredemption" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/user/wingsofredemption</a> - PS3 player, so his competition is a little less skilled in general, but does some videos with the history of the various guns that I find entertaining.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/seananners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/user/seananners</a> - Knows the game inside and out. If you like to play at a slower pace you can learn a lot from this guy.

7. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any good multiplayer guides, strategy sites or hidden map information?

8. CYbrosis7

CYbrosis7
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Great read
    <a class="postlink" href="http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/01/08/10-facts-i%E2%80%99ve-learned-about-modern-warfare-2-multiplayer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/ ... ltiplayer/</a>

And yes, this works.
    Massive exploit.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.break.com/game-trailers/game/modern-warfare-2/modern-warfare-2-custom-kit-exploit---100-kills.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.break.com/game-trailers/game ... kills.html</a>

9. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just started using the FAL last night with Stopping Power Pro on. It's an incredible gun. Still getting used to firing it like a paintball gun since its only semi-auto. But goddamn it kills people, and it kills them good. 3 shots to the legs, 1 to the head, 2 to the chest. It just mows people down. I have been basically impartial to my M4A1, but then I unlocked the ACR and loved that. Wish I had tried the FAL sooner. I'm creeping up to lvl 70 and I'm not looking forward to losing it again.

My new FAL class:

FAL w/ Red Dot Sight (haven't unlocked anything else yet)
    M1014 w/ Grip
    Frag Grenade
    Smoke Grenade
    Marathon (almost have this pro)
    Stopping Power Pro
    Commando Pro (I wish I didn't need to use this, but I've become too accustomed to just jumping, wherever, whenever)
    UAV->Predator Missile->Emergency Airdrop

My usual ACR class:
    ACR w/ ACOG
    M1014 w/ Grip
    Frag Grenade
    Smoke Grenade
    Scavenger Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Commando Pro
    UAV->Predator Missile->Emergency Airdrop

I'm thinking of dropping Stopping Power on my FAL class. I figure its already a strong enough gun, being able to have cold blooded or another perk 2 on could be nice. Suggestions?

10. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For those of you who don't play hardcore, I can't express enough how much having a silencer has helped my score. I went from a 1.24 k/d ration to a 1.4 in about a week when I started using that. The only thing is I have to get better using the gun sights so I can use scavenger instead of bling since I always run out of ammo with the ACR.

11. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That's the one tough thing with the ACR. I found myself always emptying a clip to kill a guy in motion. Switched to the FAL and its basically impossible to empty the clip fast enough. Out of curiosity, have you stopped using the silencer since you started for a while? I found I always thought those things were helping, but it was just that week of play, and not actually the attachments.

12. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I finally broke down and unlocked the Nuke yesterday. Got 5 nukes in one day, 2 maps in a row one time. People were mad at me. Probably because I was using Intervention FMJ and G18 Akimbo with Stopping Power, Marathon Pro and Ninja Pro on.

I always keep a "Ultra Fag" class. Any rifle with Tube + Claymore, One Man Army, Danger Close, and any 3rd Perk. Spam away drop claymore, reset and go again. Only use it in extremely annoying cases where the other team is tubing our asses off.

13. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I haven't gotten off it yet, but I'm ready to prestige so I'll be losing it pretty quickly. That'll mean a different setup for awhile though so I'll probably be doing bad again as I unlock some more stuff.

14. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Got my first chopper gunner just now, on favela. Yes, I know that's sad, but that's the best I've done thus far. My typical play type is run and gun, mostly because to me it's the most fun, as I find camping boring. I just prestige'd last weekend, and not having cold-blooded is brutal.

15. Tope

Tope
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I came across a weird glitch today.

A friend and I go into Derail on Hardcore HQ. The game starts out with some odd lag issues in the beginning, and after I choose a class, my screen is just in first person view, but I am not holding a weapon. I can move around, jump, crouch, and run. I then decide to push my weapon switch button, and my shotgun comes up. I try to switch to my Mini-Uzi and it does not work. I can't even pick up any dropped weapons on the floor.

As I run through the map I see a enemy looking in my direction. After running for cover I notice that he doesn't do react or fire, so I peek around and shoot him in the face. Just then my friend arrives next to me and says that I am invisible and he can only see my name floating above what should be my character model.

To test it out, I go run around the map in front of guys and they don't spot me. I get really close to some and knife a few. This leads to much confusion, but doesn't distract them from the guy on our team who is actually hacking and landing head shots on everyone in sight. He ended the game with 76-5. I then try to kill myself so I can change my class or just fix the problem. I cook a grenade and it doesn't kill me. The "damage" blood splatter stays on my screen throughout the entire round. Eventually after a few kills, I run out of ammo.

Towards the end of the match the hacker decides to launch a nuke and end the game. The game does end, but somehow I am still standing with an empty shotgun, no other weapon, invisible, and now apparently invincible. The game ends with my score at 13-0 and everyone else is dead.

Anyone have a similar experience or know of something like this glitch? I don't know what the hell went on or how it happened.

16. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Heh, haven't come across anything like that yet. Weird.

Though the one time I was playing on Derail, this guy on my team knew how to "leave" the map boundaries, and headed up into the mountains to snipe. Anyone ever see this?

The rest of our team was pretty good, and it takes a while to get to a good elevation, so he didn't end up with too many kills, but it still was pretty funny seeing him pick off a few guys from way out there.

17. Queef Debris

Queef Debris
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Quick tip: When watching a killcam, press start. You will be able to see the enemy team's map as it was when the guy killed you which shows the green arrows where his teammates are.

I'm down for a TiB slaughterfest
    xbox live - Pop Warlock

18. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got to the end of campaign today. Then I went to the museum level and rang the bell at the information desk. Is there an achievement or something here or just for kicks?

19. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

For kicks.

20. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My buddy and I just made a slap bet as per How I Met Your Mother as to who's better with the tac knife. I have already seen how he plays and it's nowhere near my level of awesomeness with that little guy. It'll be interesting to see how many kills I beat him by before he gives up.