Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Childhood Freak Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rabbit B., Nov 18, 2010.

1. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember one Christmas when I was about 6 or 7 and the Wizard of Oz was on TV. It was that scene where the green witch is riding her bike through the tornado, with that crazy maniacal laugh. I totally lost my shit that day. Just couldn't handle it

2. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

See that face? Scared the shit out of me until one day I realized Fresh Prince of Bel-Air wouldn't be coming back for another season and ended up making a similar face in the mirror. Suddenly things came into context for me and I wasn't so scared anymore.

#42 Maltob14, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I'm still fucked up from this movie:

#43 Danger Boy, Nov 23, 2010
  4. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered the Boo Box.

And you thought water boarding was bad.

#44 Maltob14, Nov 23, 2010
  5. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Elmo In Grouchland

This absolutely freaked my three year old out. Literally screaming and crying down in the basement like she had cut off a finger or something. I think it was the guy's eyebrows that did it.

Personally, as a kid, I was traumatized by Poltergeist in the late 80's.

#45 Lowest, Nov 24, 2010
  6. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I posted about this on the old board, but it was creepy enough to bear repeating. Are there any 80's kids in the house who remember the Ghostbusters cartoons? There was an episode with a boogieman that had a labyrinth of stairways leading to the closet doors of every kid in the world, which he entered at will. The visual of it is enough that I still have to have my closet door closed tight at night, and I have to be facing it to fall asleep.

7. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In 1980, Farah Fawcett did a sci-fi flick with Kirk Douglas. There were reports of nudity, so there was much rejoicing. (Remember, this is pre internet pr0n days, when the National Geographic Magazine fed the spank bank).

The fact it was sci-fi was a bonus. It was also rated "R" so a few of us had to sneak in when one of our friends from school was working at the theatre.

They forgot to point out a few things:

-- it was a horror flick.
    -- there were big fucking sentient human-hating robots that went on a killing spree
    -- the nudity was Kirk Douglas. And it was full frontal.

As schlocky and cheesy as it was, it scared the hell out of me. The only thing that kept me in the theatre until the end was the hope of seeing Farah naked. (Yes ladies, we really are wired that simply).

[​IMG]

#48 Nettdata, Nov 24, 2010
  9. ROC711

ROC711
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

These Fireys things from Labyrinth still freak me out.

#49 ROC711, Nov 25, 2010
  10. ouroboros

ouroboros
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Found it for you. I wont be sleeping tonight either, thanks.

I was 11 when I first saw this scene from "The Hidden"..

#50 ouroboros, Nov 26, 2010
  11. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

FUCK raptors. Jesus I could have shit a table leg the first time I saw Jurassic Park. T-Rex? Pussy got outran by a Jeep. But raptors... Those guys set traps and shit.

And The Ring. First real horror movie I ever saw. Holy fuckballs that girl in the closet fucked with my head for weeks.

#51 Viking33, Nov 26, 2010
  12. Assur

Assur
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

4 pages and nobody posted this?

Freaked me the fuck out when I was a kid.

Nowadays, this freaks me out more.

We're still finding shit stashed in a warehouse decades ago.

#52 Assur, Nov 26, 2010
  13. eric

eric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My younger sister got totally brain raped by the Gremlins movie; night terrors, sleeping with the lights on, the whole bit. Which leads me to this story...

When the movie came out, we had just moved into our newly built home which had several "luxury" features such as an intercom and a garage door opener. My sister was 7 years old or so, making me 11. On this particular evening, post-movie, my mother was taking us with her to do some shopping. We get dressed and go out to the car parked in the garage, opening the garage door in the process. As we get into the car, my mother realizes she's forgotten something and tells us to wait in the car while she goes back in the house. So we're waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I'm assuming exactly 5 minutes goes by because all of a sudden the automatic light on the garage door opener turns off, and the garage goes pitch black. It must of been winter because it was already dark outside and it couldn't of been that late. I can still hear my sister's shaky voice in the blackness of the car: "What's going on?"

It took my all of 5 seconds to figure out what had just happened, and realize that my sister was thinking that something much more sinister was afoot. The opportunity was just too good to pass up. I started off slow, with an hushed "Did you see that???" , quickly building to a crescendo of "AHHHHH!!!!! ITS A GREMLIN!!!! HE'S TRYING TO OPEN THE DOOR!!!! AHHH!!!!" while rocking the car.

My sister fucking...lost...it.

I wish I could of seen what my mother saw when she came back out to the garage and turned the lights on. Me, sitting quietly in the front passenger seat; the picture of innocence. My sister in the back seat shaking uncontrollably, her face beet-red, just screaming and screaming and screaming.

14. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The X-Files. My dad was nuts about that show. The theme song always made the hair on my neck stand up.