Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Check out ma spinners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carpenter, Apr 29, 2010.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here it is, in all its white-trash glory: 1989 Pontiac Trans-Am. I took this right after I got the hood painted.

Attached Files:

• hood.jpg
      hood.jpg
      File size:
      77.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

Make a typical Miata comment if you wish, but I'm driving my car on a race track in this picture.

[​IMG]

I don't own this, but I tend to use it for many track days. Gotta love my friends.

3. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

My baby in highschool.

4. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My 2 babys.

Attached Files:

5. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not an exact pic, but it looks exactly like this.

[​IMG]

I've always been pretty lucky to have parents who a) want me to have a car so they don't have to haul my ass around and b) willing to basically pay for everything except gas and minor repairs.

I'm 21 this summer and mine has 135,000 on it. Not bad - and the plan is to pass it on to my brother who is 18 next summer so he can run it into the ground through college. I drove the exact same type of car with a slightly different color (more gold) and without the spoiler from when I was 16 until last summer. Leather interior (or pleather - I can't tell), bose stereo, moonroof. Like I said, pretty lucky.

The next car will most likely be my fathers 2007 Kia Sorento. After that I should be 25 or so and be able to afford my own.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

The only vehicle I've ever owned. Bought it almost new when I was 18, and am still driving it today. Apart from this pesky fuel pump problem recently, it's been a trouper through four provinces, storage and countless trips back and forth across the country. Yes, that's me, but this is the only picture I have saved of him (my truck's a guy - deal with it).

It currently has a white canopy on the back which I'd like to take off, but first need to clean out the garage to do so. It looks much better here:

[​IMG]

7. The Beer Baron

The Beer Baron
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This was the last thing I drove.. can't get the damn HTML tags to work properly, sorry.

[​IMG]

8. Dillinger

Dillinger
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

My daily driver is (one just like) this:
    [​IMG]

But on weekends I roll around in a '55 Chevrolet. Me and my Dad fixed it up a few years ago and I'm pretty sure it's the best car I'll ever own. Although it does have its' downsides... I figured girls would go crazy for but it only seems to attract middle-aged men.
    [​IMG]

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Honda Ridgeline.

My favorite car of all time.

Sun roof, seats 5, and averages 30 MPG.

I also have an ipod receiver built in and solid factory speakers.

But the best part is that underneath the truck bed there's a trunk which also has a drain. Tailgating has never been so convenient.

Attached Files:

10. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not mine but it's exactly the same.

2003 Alfa Romeo, 2.5L V6, 6 Speed Manual. I've had it for nearly 6 years now which is twice as long as I've ever owned a car before. I just love her, she's fast, sexy and even though she looks like a coupe is a 5 door (See the little hidden handles in the black trim).

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to say goodbye soon, she has a younger sister, the Alfa Romeo 3.2L V6 GT. (In Black)

Attached Files:

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

This is basically my car minus the spoiler. 94 Celica. In less than two weeks Ill be able to drive her out right again. Got to give it to Toyota, they make cars that can last. Aside from basic upkeep and the time I left the oil cap off ruining the alternator, this thing has run flawlessly for the entire time Ive had it. I got it with 132k on it and have about 184k on it now. The only thing wrong with it is the countless dings and scrapes Ive put on it driving like an idiot teenager.

12. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back a few years me and my best mate were sharing this blue ratty 1989 laser hatchback. The thing was awesome, we would drive it like a rally car and flog the shit out of it. If a bigger guy was sitting in the back and it was a little wet he could make the ass end of the car slide out in the wet by shifting his weight. Had a quick look for a picture but couldn't find one.

13. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

[​IMG]
    My everyday driver- 2008 Hyundai Tiburon. Not a bad car, but kinda tiny for me. I drive a fuck ton, so I needed a cheap car I could beat the shit out of for a few years with a great warranty. Thank you Hyundai.

[​IMG]
    This is me and my old man's baby. Found one like her on eBay for 6500. 302 Roller with small cam, Headers, 750 Holley, MSD Ignition, FX Trans with shift kit, and 355 Posi in the back. She's a beaut, though right now she's having her exterior completely redone. Haven't picked colors yet..

14. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bought my very first car last fall when I moved out to California. It's a 2000 Toyota Echo. Because I am terribly creative, her name is the GoKart, because driving it feels frighteningly similar to driving a go kart. She is in need of a new passenger door and the b-pillar is a little squished, all thanks to a meth head who was a little confused about the definition of YIELD, but I promise Ill fix her soon. In the mean time she is still running like a champ and getting 35mpg. <333

[​IMG]

15. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is my current daily driver, a 2002 Malibu

[​IMG]

My first car was a 1966 Oldsmobile 442. I pulled it out of a field without an engine, transmission or functional interior. I drove it in high school with about 7 different colors of paint on it and finally got it painted the summer after I graduated. It got put in the garage when I left to go to college. If I ever find a place to live that has a space to work on it I'll get it out of my parent's garage and use it the way it should be used.

[​IMG]
    Spoilered for huge image. This isn't mine. Mine is a slightly darker shade of blue and has wheels from a 70's 442 on it.

16. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just remember you asked for it... currently in the rotation

In no particular order:

The red jet, Saab Viggen Sedan
    [​IMG]

Mazda Miata (for sale by the way)
    [​IMG]

Jeep Rubicon. Tied for most favorite vehicle
    [​IMG]

GMC Syclone aka the money canyon (because "pit" just isn't enough) Tied for most favorite
    [​IMG]

Mazda 323 GTX (two of these now... I have issues)
    [​IMG]

The new company car (not my photo) Lincoln MKS Ecoboost (Ford SHO with a prettier dress)
    [​IMG]

The most useful vehicle I have. Kubota L35 Tractor
    [​IMG]

Not shown Ford F350 SD TD, and my ski camp Ford Bronco.

The Syclone is my favorite because it's very fast (turbo + AWD), rare, and very few people know what it is. They only built them for one year and had a hard time selling them because who the fuck is going to pay $35k for a two seat S-10 that can only handle 300lbs in the bed and can't tow? I have a love hate relationship with this truck because it's such a frankenstein vehicle.

The Jeep is just awesome. Great in the snow and perfect for warm summer days when I drop the top and pop the doors.

17. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Egads, Fawkes, how do you afford the insurance in MA for all those vehicles?

I currently drive a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. Since it's been paid off, I've had to:
    Replace the transmission (with <50k miles on it)
    Replace the entire AC unit
    Replace the intake manifold

Add new tires and brakes, and I've invested $5k in that truck post-payoff, so I'm kind of stuck with it for a few more years. Once I finish grad school, I think I'm going to replace it with a Ford F-150 King Ranch.

My wife currently drives a VW Beetle Turbo which will get passed on to my daughter this summer once she gets her license and I think my wife is going to get a Hyundai Sonata. High marks from Consumer Reports, well-equiped at a modest price, and excellent mileage = good commuter car.

Favorite car I owned: 1994 Cadillac Seville STS--lots of power and luxury
    Worst: Saab 900--one big repair bill

18. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's my stunning 2008 Infiniti G37s:

Attached Files:

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

GOD BLESS AMERICAN MUSCLE.......most of the cars in this thread look like they should be in a movie starring Paul Walker.

Kudos to the mustang and GTO................

20. slothers

slothers
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My Dad gave me the 89 pick up when I was 18. I just sold it recently because I'm not saavy enough to repair everything at a decent price range. It's a shame. But the yet to be named white Tacoma next to it was my first vehicle purchase. It rocks pretty well. Too bad it's not 4wd, but unlike it's little sister, it has air conditioning and a cd player!

I plan to buy a larger truck once I finish up school, or save the money and nab a motorcycle. Drool.

Attached Files: