Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Celebrity Blindness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"Celebrity Blindness" is a term I use to describe the condition that people have when they believe a famous person is hot when they clearly aren't. I decided to put this on the board after I was walking though the mall today and heard a small group of teenage guys clamoring like drooling wolves over this exact poster in the bin in front of Spencer's Gifts:

[​IMG]

If you don't recognize her, that's The Idiot Board's latest sweetheart Ke$ha sans load on her and airbrushed to the extreme. And she STILL LOOKS FUCKING GROSS. Why do people think that celebrities are attractive simply on the basis that they are a celebrity, men and Women alike? Speaking heterosexually, I can see why women lose their shit over a guy like Thomas Jane or Alexander Skaarsgard. But Chris Martin from Coldplay? Get the fuck out of my office. He's skinny, ugly, pale, his music tosses unwiped salad and with all that money he still can't afford a razor or shampoo after all these years. On the other hand, you have guys who still think Gwen Stefani is the hottest chick on wheels and I don't even have to dignify that one with response.

Focus: What celebrities that most people find physically attractive turn you right off? Explain.

Alt-Focus: What celebrities that most people DON'T usually find hot rev your engine? REALLY explain.

2. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First person to post Sarah Jessica Parker gets banned for a day. Not because I think she's hot, but because I know you'll think you're funny and original and I need to nip that shit in the bud. And because you didn't read this warning despite the fact that my avatar should induce a Pavlovian reaction to read whatever I write by this point, and it annoys me that that hasn't happened yet.

4. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way...

[​IMG]

Now with glitter, it's a whole new ballgame.

5. Kels

Kels
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Given the recent thread, I'll catch a lot of shit for this but: Angelina Jolie.

I don't know if I can really put my finger on why, but I simply find her only mildly attractive at best. She obviously has a nice body but her face just doesn't particularly appeal to me.
    Whenever I mention this I always get reactions along the lines of either "holy shit you're crazy" to "thank god I thought I was the only one" with few in between.

[​IMG]

I found this image searching for "Angelina Jolie no makeup", and interestingly enough I liked a few of those pictures better than I do the usual heavily made up ones (this one, so much).

6. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt: I think Keri Russell is gorgeous. The first time I saw her was on Scrubs, so I apparently missed when she was bald (maybe not bald, I'm not sure)

I don't think anyone would say she's ugly, but I've said she's the hottest girl that's been on Scrubs, and I haven't found anybody who agrees with me.

7. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's probably because Heather Graham, Heather Locklear, Sarah Chalke, Elizabeth Banks, Amy Smart, and pre Amy-Winehouse Tara Reid are all hotter than her. Hell I'd fuck the actress who plays Jordan Cox before her, something about her just hits the spot.

8. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well yeah, they're all hot, but I still like Keri Russell more. Probably because her character was in an all girl threesome so it skews my perception of her. I'd put Heather Graham and Sarah Chalke next though.
    Oh, and Christa Miller was pretty hot the first few seasons of Scrubs.

9. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Amanda Bynes. This chick is like what, 25? She already has the jowels going and the most recent pictures I've seen make her look like that short troll from Jersey Shore.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alt Focus Rose Byrne, first time I saw this chick was in Troy, damn she's cute.
    [​IMG]

10. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    This. I get irritated when I hear guys drooling over her and saying she's "the hottest woman on the planet". Hottest woman on the fucking planet? I live in Bum-Fuck Egypt and I can think of women who I know that are better looking than her. I agree that she has a nice body, and I'd definitely put my dick in her, but I'd probably be a bit distracted by her forty acre forehead.

11. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. She always looks like a transvestite hooker. Also, even when she smiles she looks angry enough to bite of a guy's dick.

[​IMG]

12. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The two girls from Smallville however Kristin Kreuk has everyone raving about how hot and awesome she is, yet I just don't get it.

On the other hand Allison Mack catchs my eye everytime.

If I was to go with other sci-fi fantasy's, for whatever reason I'd have to toss Amanda Tapping in.

13. Costello

Costello
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Back in the FRIENDS days everyone used to bust a nut over Jennifer Aniston, when Courtney Cox was clearly the hottest thing on that show. And even now, I'd take 'cougar' Courtney over 'boring and lonely' Jen.

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Giselle - while I don't think she is UGLY and definitely has the body of a model, I never could understand why she achieved top model in the world status. The hair is good, the body is long and lean but without any curves, but the face??? Don't get it

[​IMG]

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Lady GaGa. She looks like a man.
    [​IMG]

16. jrussellmikkelsen

jrussellmikkelsen
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Scrolling down the photo, I was thinking, "She actually looks really nice here." In some movies, I find her really hot, but most of the time, especially in red-carpet photos, she just doesn't do it for me. Her face is too big, her jaw too manly, and now-a-days she's way too skinny. But I'd never claim she's ugly.

FOCUS:
    As a little kid I really enjoyed Cheers. I thought Shelley Long, "Diane," was fantastic and gorgeous. Then she left and Kirstie Alley replaced her. I remember vividly how confused I was when they started down the whole love/hate romance between
    "Sam" (Ted Danson) and "Rebecca" (Alley). I did not understand, even as an 9-year-old, why characters in the show kept referring to how attractive Rebecca was. I still don't get it. Now, after "Fat Actress" and Kirstie Alley becoming a trendy joke many of my peers suddenly agree with me. But when pressed they'll admit finding her sexy when she was on Cheers. I still don't get it.

This is the best throw-back 30 seconds of searching could find:

[​IMG]

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Especially when she dresses like one.

Attached Files:

18. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Here's one that blows my fucking mind:
    [​IMG]
    I just can't wrap my head around why people find her attractive.

And another for good measure:
    [​IMG]

19. ec88

ec88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Surprisingly, I know 3 guys who who have this girl in their top 5 hottest celebrities.
    [​IMG]
    Fergie, woof.

20. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Zooey Deschanel.

[​IMG]

I can't get over she always looks like she's trying really hard to be aloof. All I can think when I see her is how hot she would be if she wasn't trying so hard to be hipster bait.