Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Casual Imbibement Confabulation 2/24/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Anybody else up since 3 with a baby who thinks that now is the perfect time to party? Just me? Huh, well I'll be damned.

Funny story about El Niño- he is generally a great baby, and is happy 95% of the time. Sometimes, when he gets REALLY excited, he does this sort of grunt noise non-stop while he crawls around like a goddamn madman searching for the best location to place himself that will cause a not-paying-attention-me, like the good dad that I am, to trip over him and fall on my face. I'm sure that, to the casual observer, it looks that there is a Mexican sniper who blames me for the state of Arizona hidden somewhere in my house. For someone who used to be pretty damn athletic, I have the coordination of Glass Joe from Punch Out.

Anyway, back to the excited grunts- it didn't hit me until recently why those grunts sounded so familiar. It took a Sunday marathon of TNT afternoon programming to jog my memory (sadly, I can't find a youtube, but yall'll know what I'm talking about):

Remember on "Forrest Gump" when his momma does it with the principal to get him into school? And the noises Forrest makes as the principal is leaving?

Yeah. That's the soundtrack to my life. If I ever hear someone say to El Niño that "yo' momma sho does care 'bout yo' schoolin', boy", I might have to hit 'em. The person who says that, I mean. Not El Niño. That would be bad.

Anywho, my brother is coming into town with his brood this weekend for our mutual friend's surprise birthday party on Saturday, and apparently we have been tasked with cooking an 80qt pot of gumbo for the event. That is an absolute fuckload of gumbo. I've never made anywhere close to this amount. I'm going to be chopping onions for 5 days. This is bullcrap. There's no way I won't screw this up. This is gonna be awesome.

Lets get to it! Oh, but try to keep all of the rape jokes to the other thread. You know, the one about rape jokes. I know its hard to contain yourselves sometimes, but rules are rules. We can't just make every thread about rape jokes, now can we? I mean, if this was a message board dedicated to rape jokes, then I guess it wouldn't be a problem if every thread were about rape jokes. But its not. The message board, I mean. Its not about rape jokes. So try with all of your mights to keep the rape jokes to other thread. You know, the rape joke one.

2. Coke Bottle Casualty

Coke Bottle Casualty
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Word, BD. Working the nightshift on a not particularly busy night so I'm up too.

While your post mainly focused on your son's (what I can only assume is) hilarious grunting, are you saying that he essentially plays a version of that cruel school yard game where one kid gets on his hands and knees and crawls behind another unsuspecting kid for the purpose of tripping him? That's even more hilarious than the grunting. Your son is gonna make a lot of elementary schoolers cry in a few years. That's good stuff right there.

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saved someone from a nasty retroperitoneal bleed this week. Fuck I'm awesome.

Also, any idiots in Ontario would be well-advised to check out the Barley Days Brewery.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Wake me when this lame-ass month is over.

February is the litmus test for the year-- make it through, and you have the best parts of the year to look forward to. PATIO season.

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Boom! We're already there. Yesterday was 75 and sunny. I can't wait for 5 pm. I will be on a patio drinking a margarita. Or two.

6. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parents are going away for the weekend and I realized I am officially too old to throw a rager while they are out of town. Instead, I'll be studying for a midterm and will probably take my brother to a movie for something. Any suggestions for a movie that a 10 year old who has spent his entire life around teenagers would enjoy? Is Ghost Rider too much? is Journey 2 too lame?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This has been the warmest winter of my entire life herw. THE GROUND NEVER EVEN FROZE. I have tulips jumping out of the ground on groundhog day. That shit is crazy.

8. Coke Bottle Casualty

Coke Bottle Casualty
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fort McMurray is hell's patio.

9. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So there is something good about living in Texas. Huh.

It's forty-something and dreary here (like suapyg!). Snow this weekend, and hopefully back to the sunny days in a few weeks. I have to work on a Saturday for the first time in months, I'm kind of looking forward to this concept of a productive weekend.

10. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, Blue Dog, buy that pre cut up Creole seasoning mix. Sure it's cheating, but it will save you a ton of time. If you buy the pre made roux, however, your coonass card will be revoked for all time.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good thing there is lots of money to roll around in for warmth.

12. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dropped the girlfriend off at the Airport at 5:45 AM this morning and therefor I am in Bachelor mode until Tuesday night. I plan on sitting around the house, sans pants, and drinking a lot of beer.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is 50 degrees out here today. All of our snow melted and it looks like we are on track for a really fucking early spring. Should at least make for a warm summer.

14. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Despite StayFrosty's Texas barb, this reminds me of when I lived in San Antonio some years ago....every night was outside, drinking in the sunshine. Good times.

The people in south Texas have no real concept of winter, though. It would dip to 70 or so by midwinter, and all of the locals would turn out in sweaters. In their defense, they never get to actually use any cold weather gear, so they take whatever dip in the heat they can get.

I think TX has inspired me to get some Modelos and some sunshine.

15. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my favorite things in the world is drinking beer on a patio on a warm, sunny day. God I am so ready for spring.

16. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is true. I grew up in Austin, moving to Denver was a shock. Yesterday was about 30, we have been colder than usual.

17. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's 10am and it just hit 80.

And there goes winter in S Florida.

18. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the snow for not showing up until I had already pulled into the parking lot at work. A rumoured 6 inches is supposed to fall by this afternoon, which is going to be nasty considering there's already about half an inch of rainwater on the ground.

However, my sister, my brother's girlfriend and I are getting pedicures tomorrow, so who gives a shit about the weather? When my tootsies are soaking in warm water and I've got a mimosa in my hand, the rest of the world can go to hell for all I care.

19. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's raining and dreary here in the northeast, I don't have anything special planned for tonight, but for some reason, I'm really excited that today is Friday and I get to sleep in tomorrow. The stupid bitches above me started to throw a party at 12:30am, thus waking me up right as I was drifting off to dream land, and causing me to wake up and go tell them to "please keep it down because I have to wake up early for work." Who am I and when did I get old!? I'll be 27 on Thursday. 27!!!! Ugh.

Oh well, cheers to the weekend!!!

20. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, Friday... how I missed thee! We're gonna have some crap weather coming through here this weekend so it'll be another perfect weekend to bury myself up to my neck in sawdust in my shop and not even think about going outside.

On top of that, my boss is working from home today and there isn't anyone else around this part of the office today. Time to have a laid back day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.