Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Can someone help me with this?

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by sublime, Oct 20, 2009.

1. RoosterCogburn

RoosterCogburn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I cleaned my bike today, and after I put the rear wheel back on the rear brake system is all screwy. The problem seems to be that one side of the brake assembly is being pulled by the cable while at rest, causing it to hit the rim even when the brake is disengaged. My bike maintenance skills are minimal, so if anyone is good with mountain bikes shoot me a PM or something. Thanks.

2. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok boys I need some insight... What would make a guy volunteer to be a 'plus one' at a wedding? I thought weddings were avoided at all costs?

(We've known each other since we were 16 and he lives about 700 miles away, we only see each other every couple of months. And he's a single father of two girls. And yes, we fuck like rabbits.)

Enlighten me.

3. Spoz

Spoz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Have you tried asking him?

4. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not asking that directly but he's vague & would probably say something like "I just want to see you" But enduring a wedding? Something's suspect.

5. Spoz

Spoz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I guess the next thing to try is telling him that there are a dozen bridesmaids, all hot and single. You could also slip in that you think the brides choice of dresses show a distasteful amount of cleavage.

And don't forget to emphasise the free booze.

6. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Ummm......Free booze, a free dinner. Plus, you mentioned that you fuck like rabbits and it seems like it's no strings every couple of months. Why would he not want to be "plus one". Plus, as somebody else mentioned, there could be a load of single bridesmaids if you're not interested in continuing the rabbit action. 700 miles is a trek, but as a little vacation, the list above isn't a bad way to spend a weekend if you're single, especially if somebody is watching the kids. Doesn't seem like much insight is needed.

7. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, ok I've got my answer. Just making sure that he's thinking with his dick. Thanks boys but nevermind.

8. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Anybody know who is singing backup on the Marty Stuart song "Fall Down on your Knees and Pray"? Is it Bonnie Raitt?

9. Sweet Marissa

Sweet Marissa
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Emmylou Harris is credited on the album for vocals, but it doesn't say for which song.

10. Sweet Marissa

Sweet Marissa
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Unless the newspaper has full rights you would have to contact the photographer. The photographer should have no problem selling you a poster of the print since it's more money in our pocket.

11. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Can anyone suggest a good abs workout DVD? I'm looking for something that is short and will keep me interested. Hip Hop Abs comes to mind, but I would like to hear reviews before I purchase anything.

Thanks in advance.

12. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm an economist, apparently my basic algebra has gotten so bad I cannot even solve basic equations. My niece is currently staying with me while doing a semester abroad and studying bio-chemistry. She asked Uncle Toddus (the academic) the below question yet due to my own stupidity I simply cannot answer it.

To make me look like the smart Uncle it would be appreciated if someone could PM me and solve for 0.122 =Ea(10x10^-6) +Eb(1x10^-3) and 0.036 = Ea(1x10^-9) + Eb(600x10^-6) what are Ea and Eb. I fully understand I am fucking up on simple math but just cannot answer it.

13. Spoz

Spoz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Make one term equal in both, eg, divide everything in the first equation by 10,000 to give
    1.22e^-5 = Ea(e^-9) + Eb(e^-7)
    Now the Ea terms are the same, subtract the second equation from the first (or vice versa)

which gives:
    -0.0359878 = 0*Ea - 5.999e^-4*Eb

Solve for Eb
    Eb = 59.989

Substitute it back in to one of the equations and solve for Ea
    Ea = 6201.1

14. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks, managed to work it out last night after about 2 hours. I am disgusted at how poor my math has got.

15. Pan Sapiens

Pan Sapiens
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My Mac just automatically downloaded the iWork '08 trial. I don't want it, but now my computer won't let me use excel. I'm running the 30 day trial because I have to, but I want excel back.

16. justinarelost

justinarelost
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My wife and I are having our first child at the end of January. Well, she'll be having it, I'll be passing out cigars in the waiting room. Any tips for a first time dad? Specifically I'm looking for opinions about childcare and how you decided what to do about it. My wife works but at a crappy job, 14$/hr, and we can live without it. She would go nuts sitting all day at home with the baby though.

17. CubbieBlue

CubbieBlue
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Does anyone know the website that is basically a guy responding with ridiculous answers to ads on craigslist and stuff?

There is one where he basically tells tries to adopt a horse from a lady but leads her on that he works for Elmers glue or something like that.

Thanks

18. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

AppZapper is your friend.

19. Brett08

Brett08
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I think you're looking for this.

20. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anybody know a legit site to purchase "replithentic" college football jerseys? I'm trying to get a Virginia Tech, Ryan Williams #34 jersey for my sister by Christmas.

Hit me up if you can help me out.