Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Can someone help me with this?

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by sublime, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even if it's not directly. We had to hire security at my old company because the users were sending crazy messages and a few even showed up at our door. We made video games of the kind you download from the app store; we had no physical retail presence whatsoever.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was his referral drug related? Police might be more apt to do something if it is drug seeking behavior?

More than anywhere else since covid medical offices all have had big disclaimer on the walls about not tolerating bullshit, violence, insinuating violence, threats, sexualized behavior, etc. Sad world we live in this has become the norm. Im in customer service and asked my boss recently if we could rerecord the phone system message to include something like this, reserve the right to refuse service if you are screaming at the time of your lungs about your 25$ chinese item that fell apart, etc. Prime them a little bit to act right.

3. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing so interesting, he wanted to go to ENT for an earache. One of the many things I explained to him was that an ear ache may be within the purview of a PCP or urgent care and that it might behoove him to start there anyways. He also said he didn’t have insurance, so I suggested finding an ENT that would let him pay out of pocket without requiring a referral. He claimed that he had been refused care by 20 ENT practices and 20 urgent cares. It was seriously so weird.

ETA I totally agree - people were always shitty to customer service providers but there is a new level of crazy/entitled/unreasonable that seems to have emerged in the covid era. People forgot how to people.

4. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This makes me want to rule out whether or not he has a mental illness where he's convinced aliens/government put something in his head and he thinks an ENT will find it.

5. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oooh! This is an interesting one. We’ve definitely had a handful of patients convinced they had bugs/parasites coming out of their ears (apparently a common delusion) but we haven’t had any of those yet.

I am pretty sure I figured out who he is (not through one of the sketchy pay sites, just through some old fashioned googling) and mental illness definitely runs in the family.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone have a link to a free AI resume generator? Tired of going through the whole process and then it wants scrilla to actually get the resume.

Edit - For some reason I thought chat GPT wasn't free. I used that and it took about 35 seconds.

#3066 GTE, Apr 28, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
  7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I currently have AT&T Fixed Wireless as my internet provider at home. They're discontinuing that service. The new All Fi AT&T Internet Air they're offering as a replacement is more expensive AND I lose a bundle discount I have for my AT&T wireless service. I have a shitty land line phone at home, but it's in a bundle with my DishTV that I like. Well, I like the service. I don't really like the pricing, and the fact they don't have Bally Sports anymore.

So, I'm getting ready to redo the whole thing: internet, TV, phone. It's all going to be on Fiber. Speed is good, cost is better, service is reliable, programming is good. But, one thing I've really enjoyed about having Dish is the DVR / Joey set up I have on the TVs for recording shows. Does anybody have DirecTV Stream service? It looks like it comes with Cloud recording? One thing looks like it's unlimited cloud recording for new customers, and another looks like it's 20 hours of recording or something?

Like for live events or on-demand programming, I think I can just watch it later? But, for instance, I like that show on Fox "Animal Control" on Wednesday nights. I don't watch it live. Is it easy to watch in the next day or two? And, does it actually "record" so I can skip through the commercials like I can on my DVR? Or, do you have to watch those? And, same with Jeopardy each week night. I usually watch 2 or 3 of those in a row that are stored on the DVR.