Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Can someone help me with this?

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by sublime, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wear this hat every time I leave the house when it is raining.

Screenshot_20230220-071251-328.png

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was trying to avoid a hat but might have to go that way.

That's a good point about the sleeveless. Didn't think of that.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What I would personally carry is a backpack with a real rain cover, and a lightweight but waterproof rain coat (i.e. not a water resistant windbreaker but something that the Outdoor Gear Labs people rate as decent water protection). I would also throw one cheap $3 plastic poncho into your pack.

That gives you some options. You can keep the jacket in your pack if it's hot enough or light enough rain that you aren't worried about it, but you have the option of real water protection if you need it. Getting completely soaked is no joke, even in hot weather. If you do any summits, it'll also be useful as a windbreaker as the temperature drops with elevation. The poncho is not necessary if you plan on staying near civilization, but it's a great emergency supply if you do any kind of meaningful hike - being hurt and wet is a bad combo.

4. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Problem solved.

Attached Files:

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Would recommend a pack that makes their covers with the same material as a tent fly. Makes a huge difference with moisture.

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My brother's a goofy fucker that wears one of those at the lake. He does it because he's bald as newborns baby's ass and the top of his head is a will burn to a crisp. You're right, it will solve the problem, if he can tolerate looking so stupid.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure if there's a better thread, but I am considering a hot tub.

The inflatable ones are $500-ish, and the more real ones start at like $3k. I don't need a ton of bells and whistles, so the lower end is fine.

My question is on the viability of an inflatable. I'll be moving soon (I rent now), and a fixed one seems like a bad idea in the event that I have to get rid of it.

However the inflatable ones are almost always reviewed poorly.

I figure $500 for the tub, plus an extra heater and some accessories puts me at around $1k.

If I can upgrade to a fixed one later and keep the accessories, even better.

Any of yall have experience with these?

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m going to buy an inflatable one. I talked to a lot of people and read a ton of reviews. This is what I learned-

It is great for figuring out if you want a real hot tub or not. Say it only works for three months… well in that time you’ve learned how often you will use it. What kind of maintenance it takes, etc. is it worth a $5-10k actual investment?

Costco sells a two person version. You can return it at any time for any reason. It’s probably the one I’ll get for that reason.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know, I think all you need is a hand truck to move it.

[​IMG]

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

you still sit on the ground. Some folks recommend that you put down some foam flooring to make it softer.

13. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That looks like a Porsche pulling it, maybe @Nettdata can confirm. Probably had to sell the tub to cover some maintenance costs.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably pulled over for going too slow - which may be a first for a Porsche.

15. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have an old man question. I’ve found recently that my eyes get very tired when reading on my phone, to the point where my vision is blurry for middle and long distance for a significant period of time.

Ive increased the font size on my phone, but that doesn’t seem to affect the font size on my apps, including TIB.

Is there away to increase font size on this board? I can’t seem to find it.

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Should just be a browser setting. In Chrome for mobile it's Settings > Accessibility> Text Scaling.

I could create a theme that uses a larger font but that would only help on this one site. You should have accessibility options in any browser that will let you scale the font size.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You also might want to look into getting reading or computer glasses. It's a thing as you get older.

I have yet to need glasses, but I think I'm getting close for nighttime use... shit gets blurry when I'm out driving at night, especially in any kind of rainy/glare scenario.

I have a optometrist appt next week to dig into it.

I figure not needing glasses until I was 54, especially working in the computer field where I stare a monitors all day, every day, for decades, has been a good run.

Last eye test showed I had better than 20/20 vision, and I still think I do in daytime.

Sucks getting old.

I won't even start talking about how I fucked up some muscles in my throat by drinking water wrong.

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was reading a book in bed last night and while I could read it, it was a little fuzzy. In line at the store today and there was a pair of 1.25x readers for $4. Sigh, into the cart they went. Fuck.

Now distance? I still have AMAZING vision.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've some blue light blocking glasses that help when I'm on my computer all day, especially for whiter screens like spreadsheets. Amazon / Walmart carry them. Mine are 0 power, but they make readers, too.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Can someone tell me if this is my fault or the manufacturer's fault? Did I overtighten at some point that threw off the angles? Can this be fixed or do I just return?

IMG_20230410_162353_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg IMG_20230410_162304_(2100_x_1700_pixel).jpg IMG_20230410_162256_(2100_x_1700_pixel).jpg