Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Can someone help me with this?

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by sublime, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think largest group is poorly moderated. Too much yapping, not enough dicks in trees. I'd run a tight ship.

2. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are a few second number apps out there you can set up without needing personal information. It's been awhile since I used it, but 2nd line worked well for me.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uh, we prefer to be called dendrophiliacs... I mean THEY... THEY PREFER TO BE CALLED THAT...

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anybody have any experience with novelty packaging for spirits? Somebody gave me this (plus several nice bottles of bourbon!):

https://liquorbardelivery.com/produ...edition-1-75l?_pos=2&_psq=Jaguar&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I don't think it's fancy tequila. I am not a tequila drinker, at all. And, the "bottle" is just for fun. All the novelty ones I've seen or had before were all glass. This one is metal. Is it glass lined? Does the taste become more metallic over time or anything? I'm just curious how long this thing will keep before I need to start whipping up some big cat margaritas.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You can buy that at Costco... so you may be on to something.

I have no idea, though... it's only a half gallon... can't you just drink it to be safe?

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright idiots, let’s talk mice.

Got some traps, one worked and the rest didn’t. Looks like the mice know how to get the peanut butter and get out without tripping it. I found a hole, so I’m gonna do steel wool capped with flex seal.

We have two weeks before my cat is even in the house, so I wanna try bait. Any experience with TomCat bait? My wife is super nervous about the cat finding any residual bait, and/or the mice stinking up the walls. What have your experiences been?

7. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We had mice once, filled the hole like you did and had the best luck with standard snap traps. We bought 3 kinds of traps and the snap traps got all 4 of them. We also sprayed all over the inside of the house with peppermint oil and outside with some rodent repellent spray. We haven’t seen any mice since, knock on wood.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember someone posting the ol' barrel of water trick on here with good success.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Me. I found a mouse in the shed outside and used the soapy water in a bucket with the spinning log on top trap, caught the dude the next day. I only had 1 thankfully.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The TomCat bait is garbage, just use peanut butter. I have pretty decent success with the traps that lock them in the compartment rather than breaking its neck with a spring. You have to reapply it every few days but it does the trick.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep.

https://pestkill.org/mice/bucket-trap/

I had about 20 in one of my sheds. Used to, that is.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I use the TomCat bait as an ongoing preventative, which I find works well. I buy the good shit from a farmer's supply in Saskatchewan that sells over eBay, due to the shitty new "we can't have something so poisonous that it actually works" laws here in Ontario. It also doesn't affect the cats if they get into it. I just throw a bunch of the blocks into the sheds over the winter to keep the population down, and it works well.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Watching videos on this product or idea (I bought it but you can rig one up, it is a simple idea) sold me on this. Rodent behavior -- they don't care that there's a bucket full of their brothers below and will keep getting trapped. Vs some other traps that can only do one at a time, and you keep having to replace bait.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I got the tomcat traps where it goes into the housing and then the spring wall slams them dead. Had success with one, but the others haven’t been sprung, and the one by the hole shows evidence of the mouse getting out without triggering it. I’ve seen the bucket trap and want to try it, hopefully a local farm store will have one.

I was gonna use the foam sealant on the hole until I saw a video showing that out of steel wool, sealant, and caulking, the sealant was chewed through and the rest untouched.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You can’t use peanut butter, you’ll be in deep shit if it turns out the mouse has a nut allergy.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Sorry I meant sun butter. The mice in my house are all limp-twisted pussies.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As Charlie Kelly will tell you, cat in a wall is a classic. But with the current labor shortage, I can see why a cat might not be able to schedule a visit for the next two weeks. In which case you go with a non-union replacement, a snake:

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I was hoping they would then have to put a mongoose in the wall to get the snake out.

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did the snake actually catch a mouse? Seems like it worked for nothing if it didn't.