Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Can someone help me with this?

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by sublime, Oct 20, 2009.

1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone know of a bank/credit union that will give me a "blank check" for car shopping from a private party? I might go look at a few cars this weekend and I'd like to get preapproved so I can pick which one I want and not have to come back later after filing out the loan paperwork. It seems most of the places I've tried want the VIN. How can I supply the VIN if I'm not sure which car I want?

Thanks

2. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Try looking at some internet lenders. In 2001 I bought a car with a blank check from Peoplefirst, who has since been taken over by Capital One. I think the guys who started Peoplefirst started another lender later. It's too late for this weekend, but they overnighted me a blank check as soon as I was approved and I filled in the amount at the dealership. If it was that easy that long ago, you can probably do it electronically now.

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

If I want a point and shoot camera for still photos that's under $300, what's the best option? Mostly pictures of my dogs or landscapes. Any advice is appreciated because Jesus there's a lot of info out there.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Get something by fujifilm. You can get a new or lightly used x10 or x20 for about $300 maybe less even. I have an x10. Amazing pics.

5. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have had great experience with this range of Canon cameras. We've had two of its predecessors and have always been impressed with the photos. We use them for pics of the kids, vacations, etc.
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX710-HS-Enabled/dp/B00RKNNQI8

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Agreed.

I've got 2 of the previous generation PowerShots that just sit in my jacket pockets when hunting/fishing/whatever, when I don't want to take or potentially lose my iPhone. They take solid pictures and videos... as in surprisingly and unexpectedly good for their price.

7. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

This is serendipity. I mentioned to my mom that I needed a new camera, and she said, "Hang on, I have on you can have because I never use it..." Canon powershot. Done and done!

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nice. A Canon Powershot S110 is my current main point-and-shoot and I have a cheap refurbished Nikon L28 as a backup. It is mind blowing to me how good a $50 refurbished camera can be today.

9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would like to take some video, remove the audio and put a song over it. What's the best software for that?

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Windows Movie Maker is the easiest to do that on a PC, but I don't know if it's the best.

Open WMM.
    Import video.
    how1.jpg
    Mute the volume of that video.
    how2.jpg
    Import the mp3 file of the song.
    how3.jpg
    That's it.

If the song is longer than the video, and you want it all, you'll need to insert a picture or blank screen to fill the gap. If not, it will chop off at the end of the video and you can choose to fade the volume. About a thousand other effects and options are there, too.

Once you have it like you want, you can save the file for yourself or suitable for uploading to YouTube, or even burning a DVD. I always just choose "recommended for this project."
    how4.jpg

You can perform a host of other edits, including aspect ratio, fades, titles, etc. too. But simply doing exactly what you asked is very easy with WMM.

#2450 Rush-O-Matic, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

. . .

#2451 Rush-O-Matic, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My thermostat went blank and the unit stopped cooling. I have a Trane electric heat pump system. The thermostat does not have batteries. I don't have a voltmeter, but I'd like to test the unit to see if the thermostat is just bad. There may be something wrong at the circuit board or with a compressor fault or something that's causing the 24V failure.

Anyway, I think I can take the thermostat out of the loop temporarily, to see if it's the culprit. G, green is the fan. And Y, yellow is the cooling. I don't have an Rc and Rh. Two questions:
    - R, 24v power heat and C, 24v power cool, or, is the C just 24v common?
    - What is the W2, black?
    upload_2016-8-4_15-29-28.png
    I think I can twist the R, Y, and G wires together to check the cooling. But, not sure if it should be C or W2 (or even E, white) instead. I'm pretty sure the O/B is for the reversing valve and doesn't factor in here.

13. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure which particular model you have but assuming it is similar to other heat pumps this wiring diagram should clear it up
    [​IMG]

The diagram indicates the R is your hot (+24V) and C is just the common, Y is for the compressor and the valve configuration will dictate if that is heat or cooling.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not the thermostat. The 5 amp fuse in the air handler circuit board was / is blown. Upon replacement, it blew again. So, the HVAC guy is here now. After the fuse blew again, the guy said every homeowner's least favorite (ie most expensive) phrase, "that's not good."

Crap.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

For under 300 bucks, an iPhone 6 will be the best option if you have one.

16. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Does anyone have any experience with Canadian (Ontario, specifically) Child Protective Services and foster care?

17. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anyone have any experience with bitcoin? The sports betting site I use now uses bitcoin as an option, and it seems like it's the quickest way to get paid.

My main question (besides what the fuck a bitcoin is) is how I turn it into cash and into my bank account. I've downloaded Coinbase and am searching around trying to figure out the steps to turn "bitcoins" into money in my account, because everything talks in terms of "buying" and "selling" these bitcoins. Thanks.

#2457 Riggins, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would stick to real money. Maybe I'm paranoid, but bitcoin feels like one of those weird innovations with a bubble that could burst at an unpredictable point in the future. They don't even know who invented it.

Maybe it will really take off and become an economic staple, I have no idea. A lot of people are using it right now, and it's working perfectly fine, but it looks suspect and unstable.

As for how to convert it to cash... you can find that pretty easily with a google search, but here you go.

19. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

This is driving me crazy...there used to be a video on YouTube that showed a guy running what I think was a race, but it was also a certification process for his dog. They both jumped off a dock, swam to a bridge, he harnessed the dog and climbed up a ladder to the bridge deck, ran a kilogram, repelled off the bridge then swam back to the dock. Some kind of military or search and rescue program. Google is failing me...can anyone else find it?

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone use a pellet stove? Any recommendations?