Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Californication Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Andolingus

Andolingus
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've never seen a more egregious example of a filler episode than in tonight's Californication. NOTHING HAPPENED. NOTHING!

We get Sasha Bingham back in F&P, Hank bangs her mother, hilarity ensues, Hank bangs Sasha, some whore is pregnant-and-keeping-it, fade out.

As always, the show has fun dialogue to keep me entertained, but this is just getting ridiculous. I'm starting to feel like a jackass for continuing to watch

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I may be confused. What exactly the fuck are you watching this show for?

What you just described is a fucking primo episode that could have been from season one.

Get the fuck over yourself. This show is doing exactly what it was meant to, exactly as advertised...

Sure, no relationship advancement. It's fucking Californication. I don't expect plot advancement but two maybe three times a season...

3. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Agreed. This show is not meant to be plot driven, as far as I care. Sex, booze, one-liners, etc. Has anyone noticed the distinct lack of Mia? Yeaaaaaaaaa. Now to just kill off the daughter, which the preview from next episode looks like might be a possibility.

4. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Don't forget about Karen. I've wanted that bitch gone for seasons.

5. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Did she seriously tell Hank in "Another Perfect Day" she needed money because they have a mortgage to pay? I get that he should and would pay for whatever Becca needs, but that bitch needs to rediscover her so-called career right quicklike.

6. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

After the last episode, I'm now trying to determine what universe the show operates in. There is no semblance of reality in which Runkel fucks up that badly. He's not even human.

7. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just started watching episode 10 now. Loved the "I look like an FBI agent" line at the start. In case you're from Mars, it's a reference to his X-File days.

8. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

"Sorry. FEMALE EJACULATOR."

9. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really wish they would just kill her off.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"Now that court is done, I just realized I'm pissed off at you Hank. AGAIN. Fuck YOU."

Seriously, why does he still fight for her? He could be hate-fucking Sasha right now. What a fucking bitch she is.

11. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Even the writers apparantly acknowledged Karens fucked up behaviour by summing it up through the words of hot-lawyer-women; "So you broke up with him and took your child with you to another man, ran away with him on the day of your wedding to that other guy, broke up again, got together again, went away, got together again, broke up again etc."

The people Hank want to keep close to him have almost no redeeming qualitiesw. At least Runkel is fun to watch while he fails miserably.

12. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a bit harsh. Runkle is an idiot, but he's a well-meaning idiot, Becca's just an average teenage shit with a bad vocabulary and a fucked up family life. Karen, however, is just a soulless cunt. Like you said, Hank's attorney summed it up pretty well. I'm not ashamed that I had a "Oh shit, she just got TOLD" moment when that line came out.

A while back I mentioned my frustration with how Hank is always considered guilty in situations where he either isn't, or is only guilty of not thinking too brightly. This episode was another example of that. You have Bill who admits, even with his loathing for Hank, that Hank was drunk off his ass when he "met" Mia; Mia who says he was hammered and that he didn't know who she was in the bookstore. How the fuck does that add up to "Oh, he definitely knew what he was doing"? So he fucked a 16-year-old girl three years ago, she doesn't want to press charges, she's defending him in a manner that doesn't suggest she's doing so because she's enamored or coerced; you would have to be a goddamn idiot to find the guy guilty.

13. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I can't see how things have gone sideways like this.
    How could any judge rule him guilty? Mia explicitly said she was going out looking for trouble. The consensus seemed to be that Hank didn't remember that day by the pool. It doesn't make sense with the evidence given in my opinion.

I am glad they didn't waste an episode giving us the verdict though.

EDIT: forgot to mention, how about the product placement at the start of the episode? Pretty bad, but a million times more subtle than that stupid new JLo / Pitbull video.

14. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The most frustrating part of the show. By far.

Heh. Mine was something like:

"Good girl. Put that cunt in her place."

15. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I believe the jury found him guilty, not the judge. For all we know the judge will find the evidence lacking and give him probation.

I can't say I am terribly surprised, after they introduced the fact he had "met" Mia beforehand, it seemed fairly likely they were going to go for guilty, but I can't say I really expect him to get jail time.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Decent episode. Plenty of great lines.

What jury of retards in any inter-dimension would find him guilty for that? The fucking Chinese would have let him go for that evidence.

Marcie had line of the night:

At least every character, in their way, was likable that episode. The headlight-breaking scene would have been funnier if they hadn't shown him doing it in the fucking credits all season.

17. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Am I the only one who noticed him driving around with no broken headlights for the past few episodes? That was the stock Porsche he eventually bought this episode.

I feel autistic.

18. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're not thinking of the identical porsche that lawyer lady owns are you?

19. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is my single big issue with this series. The constant writing in of absolutely incredulous bullshit that fucks over the main character. You would think they could do the whole I'm in a rough spot in life and everything goes wrong deal without resorting to such retarded bullshit.

I'm half-expecting this season to end with Hank's conviction being overturned, and he works everything out with Karen. All the characters are back to happiness like they wanted to be, enjoying a nice picnic in a sunny but secluded park. Suddenly, a stun grenade goes off, and men in balaclavas drag Hank off to Guantanamo Bay because he's been confused for a suspected terrorist.

Wouldn't be too far over some of the other shit they've thrown in.

20. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I respectfully disagree. Karen was still a manipulative slag. When her character made that crack about Hank being a "convicted child molester" and was then blowing Zrbtts (as per Dr. Cliff Huxtable) on his stomach 40 seconds later, my wife was waiting for me to throw something at the goddamn TV.

And then there's the bullshit that she pulled at the end of the episode. I'm guessing that Hank avoids jail time in the season finale and Karen, seeing that he finally caught a break, promptly tells him to fuck off again.