Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Californication Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"Back off, fuck toys!"

Funniest shit ever.

That was a pretty hilarious episode. Fisher Stevens was a fucking riot. I think the monkey thing got a little too screwball-ish for me, though. A little went a long way.

Carla, again, smoking hot. More than ever. My pool is two more episode before her and Hank play Tummy Sticks.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I actually think theyll drag out the tension between her and Hank until the end of the season.

I agree that this week's episode was a little too hijinksy, but hilarious nonetheless. The autoerotic asphyxiation scenes were great. Fisher Stevens is the man.

3. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Are they trying to make Marcy a complete caricature? And at this point, there is absolutely no remaining quality in Karen that should make her the love of Hank's life. We're supposed to believe she's the love of his life just because she is.
    I think the writers are seeing that the entire long-term supporting cast is a waste of our time, so they're introducing new, outrageous, short-lived characters with which to surround Hank to milk what they can before the show completely jumps the shark.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

MIA, DIE DIE FUCKING DIE ALREADY

Can they not take the hint from every single male that watches this show and kill her off already?

5. example

example
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

We were close...to being complete.
    The more the wedge Hank from Karen the funnier this show is. Not only that but Zoë Kravitz is sexy and her faux nose ring combined with the Alice In Chains cover makes it a little crowded in my pants.
    [​IMG]
    The photograph thing has definitely got me on the edge of my seat waiting for next week.

6. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I didn't realize that was Zoë Kravitz. Wasn't Hank's line to Karen early in the episode something to the effect of "How are things with Lenny Kravitz?"
    If that was actually them playing, then I'd say I'm impressed, though Becca's emotionless monotone annoys me almost as much as Karen's existence.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"She's fucked up Hank".

See, that is why I hate Mia so goddamn much. Spoiled rotten little brat who has had everything handed to her, so instead of being happy with having whatever you want, it would be more fun just to ruin everyone's less-rich lives around you unapologetically. Hank was HAPPY to see her? Did he ever think of punching her in the face while wearing a coal mining glove for destroying his family just for the fuck of it? Maybe just walking up and body-checking her right off the balcony?

"Oh, shit. She jumped."
    ...and they all lived happily ever after.

What IS it with Hank this season? At least when he was depressed in season 1 he was getting fucked up and banging hot naked ass twice an episode on average. Even his dialogue is slacking. Fuck, RUNKLE is getting laid 5 times more than he is.

8. example

example
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yeah Hank does say something to that effect which is what tipped me off. Apparently they are a real band.

Becca's character always had an interesting personality with redeeming features. She had some great one liners, unfortunately her acting was always pretty painful. Although, now that she is hating hank the monotone is strangely appropriate. Might win her a golden globe.

9. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in love with Hank's hot as fuck lawyer. Seriously this is like a schoolboy crush.

I really like this season so far. It's a little darker than the previous seasons. The scene with Hank and Mia on the ledge was perfectly done.

10. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anybody find that episode 5 seemed to be directed really differently or was it just me? Something just seemed too... artsy about the camera-work at times.

11. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as I love this show, I'm getting annoyed at the repetition. How many times is Hank going to get fucked over for something that isn't his fault? Or is that supposed to be the premise of the entire series? His bad decisions get him in less trouble than stupid shit that isn't his fault. See: Mia, Mia, Mia again, idiot douche hipster with a perfectly-times camera shot. Just what the fuck. Shit happens to him, and it's somehow his fault.

Why not tell that bitch of an ex, "Hey, I would promise not to OD and almost suicide again, but I'm tired of the only woman I love blaming me every single time life throws a cock up my ass. Cunt."

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Carla Gugino? This can't be your first exposure to her...

I seriously am up in the air about who I despise more, Mia or Karen? Karen is mildly better looking while Mia is just so busted, so maybe its Mia, but I seriously want to douse them both in battery acid.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

or "The reason I'm fucked up to begin with is because you mercilessly cheated on me and left me for a richer man, taking our daughter with you. .The daughter whose boyfriend I willingly (and stupidly) gave Kurt Cobain's guitar to so he'd stay with her then he vanished from the earth after season 2. Then, you cheated on him with me, and became infuriated with me afterwards because I felt something and meanwhile you covered your tracks. Slut."

Honestly, talk about a plot hole (this show has many). If your daughter broke up with someone that had THAT item, would you not break into his house and steal it back? "Yeah kid, I fucked your mom and I'm real sorry, but give me the guitar back or I'll FUCKING kill you."

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a dark red head it is. She looked familiar but her powersuit and makeup hair color combo in this is awesome.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was probably the best episode of the season so far. The old, fast-talking Hank I've loved so much was back again, and Rob Lowe was once again the cat's ass.

16. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I guess someone told them the plot wasn't moving. I think two story lines randomly cropped up out of nowhere there. Then they tried to move everything along. Disappointed there were no Bingham boobies.

17. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Does anybody know where you can download or watch recent episodes? I'm in a temp apartment right now and don't have Showtime/On Demand, so I've missed the last 3 episodes. iTunes doesn't have Season 4. I tried googling it, but all that comes up are these crappy "free-tv-show.com" ads (or something like that). Any suggestions???

18. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck. Even scantily clad Carla Gugino couldn't save this episode from tired shit jokes and slapstick. I'm losing faith.

19. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? My sense of humor must suck, because I was laughing all throughout. Hank's dialogue in the first scene was a great start.

20. Nirvana

Nirvana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cucirca.com/2009/09/23/watch-californication-online/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cucirca.com/2009/09/23/watch ... on-online/</a>

I think the site mostly uses mega-video so you might have to wait every now and then but it should do the trick.